Dior Online horror experience - Need help!!

It has never changed. I bought my Mini Lady back in July of this year and returned it (one I returned for another color and the other one because the handles were wobbly). I had no issue. Last year I returned the small one (including charms) as I bought Chanel unexpectedly. This was all in SCP or Beverly Hills.
Interesting. Well we definitely are not being treated the same that's for sure. I was verbally told I could not return or exchange AND they stamped the no return or final sale stamp on my receipt. 2x different receipts in 2002 on bag charms (I took a pic of 1 of the receipts) and when I bought my Lady small in 2002...all 3 receipts from So Coast Plaza. When I bought my Lady small ABC bag I originally ordered it on Dior.com. I was told by Dior.com I could do a 30 day return which was why I ordered it online as I remembered what I was told in the boutique at South Coast Plaza and also much more color choices too. It arrived perfect but the color was much darker then pictured on line. I spoke to a SA at South Coast and he told me that all sales are final for them and I have to return the bag back to Dior.com because they are a different entity. If I did all that I would miss the current price because they were about to have a price increase. He later allowed me to return my Dior.com purchase there at South Coast to do an exchange for another color they had in the boutique. They took my bag and shipped it back to Dior.com for me. He marked my exchange as final sale because I did an exchange but he ALSO told me verbally that if I bought the bag inside the boutiqie it will be final (which is why I did Dior.com) originally and also just more color choices online. Well good to know this for the futire as if I decide to purchase something else (there is a boutique in San Diego now so Ill go there) I will challenge that statement if I'm told that again. I just looked at the receipt from San Diego on the badge I purchased a few months ago and there is no stamp on that recept. I just noticed now there is no stamp on the San Diego receipt. I wish I knew your experience at the time during my Southcoast purchases so I could challenge it and ask why is it this way for me and not others. On the 2002 receipt I see it says 10 days but they STILL stamped that Final Sale on my receipt. Anyway I won't make a big deal about it now but I do not appreciate the unfair treatment. It is what it is, but now that you told me your experience I will definitely challenge it for the future IF Im treated that way again. Oh well. It is what it is. Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027_102250_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_102250_Gallery.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20231027_095719_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_095719_Gallery.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Interesting. Well we definitely are not being treated the same that's for sure. I was verbally told I could not return or exchange AND they stamped the no return or final sale stamp on my receipt. 2x different receipts in 2002 on bag charms (I took a pic of 1 of the receipts) and when I bought my Lady small in 2002...all 3 receipts from So Coast Plaza. When I bought my Lady small ABC bag I originally ordered it on Dior.com. I was told by Dior.com I could do a 30 day return which was why I ordered it online as I remembered what I was told in the boutique at South Coast Plaza and also much more color choices too. It arrived perfect but the color was much darker then pictured on line. I spoke to a SA at South Coast and he told me that all sales are final for them and I have to return the bag back to Dior.com because they are a different entity. If I did all that I would miss the current price because they were about to have a price increase. He later allowed me to return my Dior.com purchase there at South Coast to do an exchange for another color they had in the boutique. They took my bag and shipped it back to Dior.com for me. He marked my exchange as final sale because I did an exchange but he ALSO told me verbally that if I bought the bag inside the boutiqie it will be final (which is why I did Dior.com) originally and also just more color choices online. Well good to know this for the futire as if I decide to purchase something else (there is a boutique in San Diego now so Ill go there) I will challenge that statement if I'm told that again. I just looked at the receipt from San Diego on the badge I purchased a few months ago and there is no stamp on that recept. I just noticed now there is no stamp on the San Diego receipt. I wish I knew your experience at the time during my Southcoast purchases so I could challenge it and ask why is it this way for me and not others. On the 2002 receipt I see it says 10 days but they STILL stamped that Final Sale on my receipt. Anyway I won't make a big deal about it now but I do not appreciate the unfair treatment. It is what it is, but now that you told me your experience I will definitely challenge it for the future IF Im treated that way again. Oh well. It is what it is. Thanks for the info.
I wonder if they told you "final sale" because you did an exchange with dior.com item (instead returning it to dior.com directly). That might be why. No luxury brand (bags or jewelry) has a final sale policy. VCA boutique is the worst (Imo) because they only allow exchange but all others (including Chanel, LV, Cartier) allow refund. Dior (boutique) has one of the best return policies allowing to return for a refund within 30 days (Chanel has 14).

I’ve been quite adamant in my request for a replacement but they have rejected. I’ve asked for this to be escalated to seniors too but I’m being told the decision is coming from above. Their returns policy is 14 days but I notified them of the issue on day 9. Really didn’t expect this treatment for Dior
Sounds like you have not spoken to a manager yourself correct and that customer service is stating it was escalated? If you haven't spoken to a manager yourself call and request to speak to a manager directly vs having someone in customer service speak for you. My guess is they don't want the bag back because of the issue you are stating as it may not be resaleable and if that is the case, then that is more reason they SHOULD take the bag back as it should have never been sold in the first place. Dior can do better then this. Request to speak to the manager directly as you want to be given that right to have the opportunity to speak on YOUR behalf. Gosh i have a sour taste now with Dior...with your experience and my past experiences. I hope yours gets resolved. Seriously, reach out to them on social media (FB, IG, Twitter). It's worth a shot. Someone over sees their social media accounts and should come across your plea.

Last edited:
Reactions: mireille627
I wonder if they told you "final sale" because you did an exchange with dior.com item (instead returning it to dior.com directly). That might be why. No luxury brand (bags or jewelry) has a final sale policy. VCA boutique is the worst (Imo) because they only allow exchange but all others (including Chanel, LV, Cartier) allow refund. Dior (boutique) has one of the best return policies allowing to return for a refund within 30 days (Chanel has 14).
Hi there. It's actually both. I was told items bought INSIDE Dior is a final sale AND I was told that the Lady bag I bought is a final sale also because I am exchanging it already so it becomes final due to the exchange, not because I bought from Dior.com. This was in 2022. Also in 2002, on simple badges I bought back then at South Coast (the badges were a measely $35 then) they stamped my receipt FIRST with final sale and THEN told me verbally after they stamped my receiot it was a final sale! Lol. Wow. I just thought that was their policy, I didn't think I was being discriminated against at the time. She was a bit snobbish but I just came in for badges and left. Lol The returns then were 10 days as I see on my receiot now, but regardless the SA took the liberty to stamp my receipt FIRST and then she verbally told me final sale. The only receipt I have that never got the stamp was at the San Diego location. Actually the SA was super nice and gave me a HUGE Dior Christmas blue and white gift bag as I thought it was so goregous and all I bought was a heart bag strap charm with crystals that read Dior. Anyway, it is what it is, but I'm getting turned off now with Dior and all this negative customer service they have that I've been reading off and on Purseforum. Lol. Uuugh. THANKFULLY there is nothing I want from there now! Lol. Geez. Well I am happy with my Lady Dior ABC bag. It's immaculate. I appreciate I got it right before they raised the price and got the one with the suede interior as the price really has gone up! I wanted a ombre version but they were all sold out. I purchased beige as I needed a beige color bag. It's so easy to pair with outfits but at times I do fine I need some color on the bag so adding a twilly helps! :smile:

I’ve been quite adamant in my request for a replacement but they have rejected. I’ve asked for this to be escalated to seniors too but I’m being told the decision is coming from above. Their returns policy is 14 days but I notified them of the issue on day 9. Really didn’t expect this treatment for Dior
Did you buy this bag with AMEX? Call Amex customer service and ask them if this issue can be handled via charge back or other.

Reactions: Debbie65
Hi, I am about to purchase a Dior Caro. From the tag I can tell it's from 2022. The seller is telling me there is no authenticity card. Is that correct that they do not give authenticity cards anymore? I mean the grey one credit card shaped, I have one with my older bag.

Hi, I am about to purchase a Dior Caro. From the tag I can tell it's from 2022. The seller is telling me there is no authenticity card. Is that correct that they do not give authenticity cards anymore? I mean the grey one credit card shaped, I have one with my older bag.
I bought my Dior Lady ABC bag from the Dior boutique in Jan, 2022. Mine came with the Dior Booklet and the grey card in the back of the book. Is she the original owner? It could be she bought the bag preloved and she was not given the card. Here is a pic of what my bag came with.

Attachments

• 20231030_030919.jpg
    20231030_030919.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231030_030929.jpg
    20231030_030929.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 14
I bought my Dior Lady ABC bag from the Dior boutique in Jan, 2022. Mine came with the Dior Booklet and the grey card in the back of the book. Is she the original owner? It could be she bought the bag preloved and she was not given the card. Here is a pic of what my bag came with.
Were you making your purchase in the boutique or online? I'm trying to find out what they give nowadays with the bag, specifically in 2022. She claims to be the original owner but has nothing. Thank you for your photos, very helpful!

• Love
Were you making your purchase in the boutique or online? I'm trying to find out what they give nowadays with the bag, specifically in 2022. She claims to be the original owner but has nothing. Thank you for your photos, very helpful!
I originally made my purchase online at Dior.com. I didn't like the color I ordered so I went inside the Dior Boutique at So Coast Plaza and exchanged the bag. When I brought my bag to exchange I had the bag I ordered along with the book/card, strap, strap badges and dust bags. I gave my SA everything and he packed up my new bag in a new box and included a new strap and I kept my same badges as I decided not to switch them out. I received the book and card inside my bag and I assume it corresponds with my new bag, Im not certain though as my bag was packaged in the back room. I did ask about the card being blank and my SA said they do not write anything on the back anymore. I didnt question it. There is a number with a barcode on the back of the card. Im not sure if it ties in with the bag I have now as I never thought to check. Perhaps it's not necessary as every purchase you make is documented in their system. If the previous owner is stating she is the original owner, perhaps she can ask her SA to print a duplicate receipt for her records, if the SA will even do that. Here is a pic of the back of my card. Does every bag come with a book? If so maybe she is not aware the card is stored in the back of the book. I didn't know until I started looking through the book. My SA never mentioned the book to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231030_041935_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231030_041935_Gallery.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: sylwip
I originally made my purchase online at Dior.com. I didn't like the color I ordered so I went inside the Dior Boutique at So Coast Plaza and exchanged the bag. When I brought my bag to exchange I had the bag I ordered along with the book/card, strap, strap badges and dust bags. I gave my SA everything and he packed up my new bag in a new box and included a new strap and I kept my same badges as I decided not to switch them out. I received the book and card inside my bag and I assume it corresponds with my new bag, Im not certain though as my bag was packaged in the back room. I did ask about the card being blank and my SA said they do not write anything on the back anymore. I didnt question it. There is a number with a barcode on the back of the card. Im not sure if it ties in with the bag I have now as I never thought to check. Perhaps it's not necessary as every purchase you make is documented in their system. If the previous owner is stating she is the original owner, perhaps she can ask her SA to print a duplicate receipt for her records, if the SA will even do that. Here is a pic of the back of my card. Does every bag come with a book? If so maybe she is not aware the card is stored in the back of the book. I didn't know until I started looking through the book. My SA never mentioned the book to me.
Thank you, super helpful! :smile: Are you happy with you bag? :smile:

• Love
Thank you, super helpful! :smile: Are you happy with you bag? :smile:
You're welcome! Iam happy to help. Yes I am happy with my bag. I do not use it that much, but it is my go to for any dressy event where I need a beige/nude color bag. I have taken it out shopping to the mall a few times just because it sits more then it's used. Lol. I personally love the guitar strap because of the decorative badges and it does help dress down the bag a tad using it crossbody and when I need to go formal I just remove the strap. I hope the bag you are considering works out for you. Please share if you decide to purchase. :smile:

Reactions: sylwip
My current cs horror experience is I sent a hoodie back (much too big), they received it and announced in their e-mail a refund within 7 days. That was 10 days ago. 3 calls later and please „just wait…“.
Paypal offers no buyer protection for no refunds after returning. My CC company is Amex.
Would you continue to wait a bit longer, say 14 days? Not much else I can do right now? Thanks.

My current cs horror experience is I sent a hoodie back (much too big), they received it and announced in their e-mail a refund within 7 days. That was 10 days ago. 3 calls later and please „just wait…“.
Paypal offers no buyer protection for no refunds after returning. My CC company is Amex.
Would you continue to wait a bit longer, say 14 days? Not much else I can do right now? Thanks.
Well they said 7 days, you waited 10 days. They may be swamped due to all the Holiday shopping/returns. When was the last call you made to check on the status? If it was yesterday or today, I would give them like 1 day or 2 days before calling the 4th time. That will be 12 days of waiting when it should have been 7 days. It's your money. They need to return your money and not tie it up.

Reactions: Put
Well they said 7 days, you waited 10 days. They may be swamped due to all the Holiday shopping/returns. When was the last call you made to check on the status? If it was yesterday or today, I would give them like 1 day or 2 days before calling the 4th time. That will be 12 days of waiting when it should have been 7 days. It's your money. They need to return your money and not tie it up.
Indeed. I contacted my CC and they advised to dispute on Monday if nothing happened, so 14 days. Usually Dior takes 1-2 days to refund. So strange.

Indeed. I contacted my CC and they advised to dispute on Monday if nothing happened, so 14 days. Usually Dior takes 1-2 days to refund. So strange.
Uugh. Hopefully they do not give you a hard time with your return. Dior.com has the worst customer service which I have learned from this forum. Thankfully you can dispute it. You have more patience then me! Lol. I would call Dior again TODAY AND then call my CC Monday to initiate the dispute. As you can probably tell, I'm annoyed. Lol. I do not understand HOW a fashion house like DIOR can allow such poor customer service from Dior.com. Gosh, please keep us updated.