Didn't want registered post now LV possibily missing

I know who you are talking about - buys bags to flip.

Peski are you the last honest seller in Australia? I'm always checking out your auctions. You're a peach for offering assistance here. :heart:

Heh, not even close but thanks. There are a lot of nice people in Australia, just that the dishonest ones seem to hog all the press.

Funny about your user name... summer is close approaching and I am searching desperately for an apricot or peach coloured dress (to go with the tan I plan on sporting soon, lol)

I know who you are talking about - buys bags to flip.

Peski are you the last honest seller in Australia? I'm always checking out your auctions. You're a peach for offering assistance here. :heart:

IMO, there's nothing wrong with flipping bags. It's a business. For a lot of people, this is their job. Now, if the seller is dishonest or scamming people, that's another story....

^
Oh, I thought this was only for Powersellers?

PP T&Cs were changed, again, last month. It's requiring proof of shipment to confirmed addresses using an "approved postage service"--whatever that means.

PP T&Cs were changed, again, last month. It's requiring proof of shipment to confirmed addresses using an "approved postage service"--whatever that means.

Nope, the OP will still lose the claim. See below:

Buyers and sellers, at the very least, must provide documentation that includes:
  1. The date the item was sent.
  2. An official acceptance by the shipper, such as a postmark or online status. A status that shows the item was delivered is also acceptable.
  3. The recipient’s delivery address.
Examples of proof of shipping include the following:
  • A copy of the shipping receipt that includes the eBay buyer's delivery address. You can get this from Australia Post's Registered Post and Australia Post's Registered Post International, or
  • For Australia Post eParcel customers, a copy of the consignment information page which shows buyer’s address and the online tracking code that can be used to confirm delivery, or
  • A shipping code that PayPal can use online to view the shipping status and the eBay buyer's delivery address. You can get this from TNT, DHL, FedEx, and other carriers, or
  • A receipt issued by the carrier that is signed by the recipient acknowledging delivery.

According to her original post, she took a photo of the parcel as well as keeping her receipt (which basically just says how much she paid). That is not acceptable to Paypal under an INR claim.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with flipping bags. It's a business. For a lot of people, this is their job. Now, if the seller is dishonest or scamming people, that's another story....

It's not the buying/reselling in question here. It's the other less savoury practices which are of concern for this particular seller (IF this is the same person who the OP is now dealing with)

I never said the OP would win (or lose) the claim. I don't know the Australian postal system, so I'm not sure what the OP means by sending it "normal." The info above explains what PP means by "proof of shipment." What I'm pointing out is that "proof of shipment" and not "proof of delivery" is what PP requires over there. From what I gather, some of the methods include tracking, while others don't.

This is what I was referring to--the basic requirements for eligibility:

Transaction Eligibility Requirements for the Seller Protection Policy.

Subject to the provisions of sections 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 a transaction (where the buyer makes a PayPal payment on or after 27th March 2008 AEST) will be eligible for protection under the Seller Protection Policy where the following requirements are met:

8. You sold the Merchandise via any eBay website; and
9. You provide PayPal with valid Proof of Shipment of the Merchandise; and
10. You posted the Merchandise via an Approved Postage Service; and
11. You sent the Merchandise to the address specified by the sender of the payment which is highlighted on your account Transaction Details Page or otherwise notified to you by PayPal through a PayPal application programming interface ("API").

I never said the OP would win (or lose) the claim. I don't know the Australian postal system, so I'm not sure what the OP means by sending it "normal." The info above explains what PP means by "proof of shipment." What I'm pointing out is that "proof of shipment" and not "proof of delivery" is what PP requires over there. From what I gather, some of the methods include tracking, while others don't.

This is what I was referring to--the basic requirements for eligibility:

Transaction Eligibility Requirements for the Seller Protection Policy.

Subject to the provisions of sections 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 a transaction (where the buyer makes a PayPal payment on or after 27th March 2008 AEST) will be eligible for protection under the Seller Protection Policy where the following requirements are met:

8. You sold the Merchandise via any eBay website; and
9. You provide PayPal with valid Proof of Shipment of the Merchandise; and
10. You posted the Merchandise via an Approved Postage Service; and
11. You sent the Merchandise to the address specified by the sender of the payment which is highlighted on your account Transaction Details Page or otherwise notified to you by PayPal through a PayPal application programming interface ("API").

This is the root of the problem. She does NOT have proof of shipment. She has a postal receipt which says how much she paid for posting the item (it will also have the area code on it, as well as weight of the item) but nowhere on the receipt will the recipient's address be displayed.

A photo of the parcel will not be enough to meet Paypal requirements.

The Approved Postage Service is only available through Registered Post which is $2.80.

Peski good luck with the summer dress. I forgot your seasons are the opposite of ours. Man I'd love to surf some tubes there during our winter.

My response above about flipping bags was not an indictment of flipping bags in general, but rather a specific relating to multiple accounts of a big seller that has in the past alleged non receipt (and other problems) as a regular 'course of business' for them. I felt my reference would not be lost on Peski. No need to read more into it than that. :smile:

Like the US requirements, approved providers and proof of address sent to, etc. means a receipt will not be sufficient to meet Pay Pal's requirements in Australia. Hopefully the buyer will receive the purse before it becomes a matter of proof.

Sniped by Peski. !! BTW, is it true that all Australians are in love with Hugh Jackman? He's practically an American now (lol) and just wondered what his rep was like down under?

Last edited:
Oh no OP! Please keep us posted on how you go, this is my worst nightmare
I had this happen with a smaller value item and since then never send without registered postal

This is the root of the problem. She does NOT have proof of shipment. She has a postal receipt which says how much she paid for posting the item (it will also have the area code on it, as well as weight of the item) but nowhere on the receipt will the recipient's address be displayed.

A photo of the parcel will not be enough to meet Paypal requirements.

The Approved Postage Service is only available through Registered Post which is $2.80.

Then she's in trouble...unless the transaction was not eligible for buyer protection for some weird reason. The OP thought that by offering registered post to the buyer, as an option, she was covering her bases, which seems to indicate that she didn't know the rules of the game before she started playing. We live and learn, I suppose...and some lessons are more expensive than others.

Sniped by Peski. !! BTW, is it true that all Australians are in love with Hugh Jackman? He's practically an American now (lol) and just wondered what his rep was like down under?

[Sorry OT...but as we speak, Australia is on HBO, and earlier today The Fountain was playing, and I still think he's one of the most beautiful men ever. I adore him. :drool:]

I don't want to upset you further, but there is also a chance that she knows that since this bag was shipped to her without any way of tracking it, she could receive the bag, claim she didn't and then file an INR. People are not very nice these days, so I would highly recommend that in the future you ship everything with tracking and sig confirmation.

I am hoping that this is not the case :cry:

Will be posting via registered from now on, lesson learnt.

It's not the buying/reselling in question here. It's the other less savoury practices which are of concern for this particular seller (IF this is the same person who the OP is now dealing with)

Hi guys,

Sorry, but I am getting so confused with all the technical terms.

I've been selling for about a year and it was my second real expensive item I'd ever sold. Most of the things I sell are just clothes that no longer fit, but nothing highend. Abou 6 months ago, I sold a vintage chanel bag and posted it via normal with no problems.

It's my mistake to be under the illusion this might not happen to me. I have never gone through something like this and hoping for that 1) the parcel shows up or 2) if the parcel goes missing, PP can review all my correspondence with her, review all the receipts, photos and make a fair decision.

It is a hard lesson that I am learning :sad: