Didn't want registered post now LV possibily missing

I know who you are talking about - buys bags to flip.

Peski are you the last honest seller in Australia? I'm always checking out your auctions. You're a peach for offering assistance here. :heart:

Hi ApricotSummers (reminds me of yummy Summer Rolls)

Thanks for your input - again, excuse me for my ignorance, but what does "bags to flip" mean?

Thanks!

Hi guys,
I've been selling for about a year and it was my second real expensive item I'd ever sold. Most of the things I sell are just clothes that no longer fit, but nothing highend. Abou 6 months ago, I sold a vintage chanel bag and posted it via normal with no problems.

It's my mistake to be under the illusion this might not happen to me. I have never gone through something like this and hoping for that 1) the parcel shows up or 2) if the parcel goes missing, PP can review all my correspondence with her, review all the receipts, photos and make a fair decision.

It is a hard lesson that I am learning :sad:

Most people are essentially honest, and I like to give the benefit of the doubt if I can. It's just that dealing with all kinds of ebay scams in the past 10 years has hardened experienced sellers, so you have to BE PREPARED.

I will tell you though that in almost 15 years of buying online, I have maybe lost 2-3 packages at most, 2 of them coming from overseas. Australia Post is VERY dependable. When I hear about a "lost" package, my instinct is that it is not lost at all. :rolleyes:

Hi ApricotSummers (reminds me of yummy Summer Rolls)

Thanks for your input - again, excuse me for my ignorance, but what does "bags to flip" mean?

Thanks!

I'm not as yummy as Apricot is, but I can answer this.

Bags to flip means that the buyer is purchasing bags at a lower price to sell higher afterwards. Nothing wrong with that, first principle of capitalism. We were only concerned that it might be a possible reseller you've come across who is now trying to increase her profit margin. Pffft

Can you PM me your buyer's ID? Thanks

If you are accepting Paypal payments, sending Express Post satchel won't cover you for an Item Not Received either. The online tracking for Express Post will only show delivery up to the buyer's postal area, does not require a signature on delivery, and thus PP will side with the buyer.

You should never accept Paypal and let a buyer pick up either.

Registered post is only $2.80. For your own peace of mind, you should have sprung for it.

In the meantime, check your buyer's history and feedback and that might give you a clue to their buying behaviour (ie there might be a pattern of claiming lost items etc).

Can you PM me with her ID? I know an Australian powerseller on ebay who sells mainly LV and there have been some rumours about her. I also know her buying IDs and can check up on this.

Hi Peski, I just PMed you my ebay name :smile: