Didn't want registered post now LV possibily missing

orchablue

May 20, 2007
Hi guys,

I am ebayer from Aussieland and am stuck in a situation.

I sold a LV porchette recently to this lady. In my listing, I clearly say that I offer registered post (tracking and insured) or express post for an extre fee, like a few bucks more. Thus after she won, I sent her an invoice with the options of normal or registered post. She went ahead and paid for only normal.

To protect myself, for items over $100, I take photos of the parcel and receipt and store them in the event if something occurs.

Sure enough, 2 wks later she claims that she has not received the parcel. I have contacted her and told her to sit tight for a couple of days more, but she's very unfriendly.

My question is: What will happen now as she paid via Paypal, but opted to have normal postage. If the bag goes missing, will paypal make me pay her back even if that means I lose both money and the bag?

I am so frustrated with the whole situation.

Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks in advance guys

You need to read the AUS PP USER AGREEMENT. Go to PP website. Look for Legal Agreements or User Agreement in tiny print at the bottom.

Per PP US, it is the seller's responsibility to get the package to the buyer. It is also the seller's responsibility to be able to PROVE that the package reached the buyer.
If you chose to ship w/ no tracking, no ins, PP is going to side w/ the buyer.
ALWAYS insure and get online tracking. For transactions under $250, delivery confirmation is required. For transactions $250 and over, signature confirmation is required. The things are all for the SELLER'S protection, not the buyer.

Wait and see what she does. But, likely if she files, she's going to get refunded unless you can provide proper proof of delivery.

You need to read the AUS PP USER AGREEMENT. Go to PP website. Look for Legal Agreements or User Agreement in tiny print at the bottom.

Per PP US, it is the seller's responsibility to get the package to the buyer. It is also the seller's responsibility to be able to PROVE that the package reached the buyer.
If you chose to ship w/ no tracking, no ins, PP is going to side w/ the buyer.
ALWAYS insure and get online tracking. For transactions under $250, delivery confirmation is required. For transactions $250 and over, signature confirmation is required. The things are all for the SELLER'S protection, not the buyer.

Wait and see what she does. But, likely if she files, she's going to get refunded unless you can provide proper proof of delivery.

Thanks Ellie Mae,

I just looked at the receipt again. It states the postcode that parcel was sent to. Is that enough evidence?

I will check out Paypal AU now.

Thanks again!

Thanks Ellie Mae,

I just looked at the receipt again. It states the postcode that parcel was sent to. Is that enough evidence?

I will check out Paypal AU now.

Thanks again!

No ma'am... you have to be able to PROVE that the buyer RECEIVED the package, either with Del Confirm or Sig Confirm (as required per cost of transaction).

You are welcome. I hope this does not turn into a nightmare for you.

It's your responsibility to make sure the buyer gets the item. I have just bought something and the seller offered insured delivery for extra fee. The seller also stated on the listing that she is not responsible for lost items.
I checked ebay rules, and it clearly says that the seller IS responsible and it's against rules to offer insured delivery for extra fee.
That is in the UK, not sure about Australia

As stated above, it is the seller's responsibility to make sure the buyer receives their item.

Where was this package being shipped to and can you check with your po to see what the normal expected time of delivery would be.

And perhaps after you receive this info, e-mail your buyer and ask her to be a little
more patient.

As stated above, it is the seller's responsibility to make sure the buyer receives their item.

Where was this package being shipped to and can you check with your po to see what the normal expected time of delivery would be.

And perhaps after you receive this info, e-mail your buyer and ask her to be a little
more patient.

Thanks for your responses guys.

Yes, I have contacted her and asked her to wait a few more days and that sometimes it may take longer.

Fingers cross it arrives in the next few days *sigh*

I don't want to upset you further, but there is also a chance that she knows that since this bag was shipped to her without any way of tracking it, she could receive the bag, claim she didn't and then file an INR. People are not very nice these days, so I would highly recommend that in the future you ship everything with tracking and sig confirmation.

She will probably get it early next week and everything will be fine.
But just for the future, always send it registered, even if you have to pay from your pocket - a small price to pay for the peace of mind.

PP is constantly changing its terms and conditions. In your case, as per the latest change (a month ago), all you need is proof of shipment, not proof of delivery. But it depends on whether or not your transaction was eligible for seller protection. It also depends on where the buyer is and whether or not she's covered by buyer protection. It also depends on whatever PP wants to do kuz it reserves the right to do whatever it wants to do with any claim.

:smile:

If you are accepting Paypal payments, sending Express Post satchel won't cover you for an Item Not Received either. The online tracking for Express Post will only show delivery up to the buyer's postal area, does not require a signature on delivery, and thus PP will side with the buyer.

You should never accept Paypal and let a buyer pick up either.

Registered post is only $2.80. For your own peace of mind, you should have sprung for it.

In the meantime, check your buyer's history and feedback and that might give you a clue to their buying behaviour (ie there might be a pattern of claiming lost items etc).

Can you PM me with her ID? I know an Australian powerseller on ebay who sells mainly LV and there have been some rumours about her. I also know her buying IDs and can check up on this.

PP is constantly changing its terms and conditions. In your case, as per the latest change (a month ago), all you need is proof of shipment, not proof of delivery. But it depends on whether or not your transaction was eligible for seller protection. It also depends on where the buyer is and whether or not she's covered by buyer protection. It also depends on whatever PP wants to do kuz it reserves the right to do whatever it wants to do with any claim.

:smile:

Oh, I thought this was only for Powersellers?

If you are accepting Paypal payments, sending Express Post satchel won't cover you for an Item Not Received either. The online tracking for Express Post will only show delivery up to the buyer's postal area, does not require a signature on delivery, and thus PP will side with the buyer.

You should never accept Paypal and let a buyer pick up either.

Registered post is only $2.80. For your own peace of mind, you should have sprung for it.

In the meantime, check your buyer's history and feedback and that might give you a clue to their buying behaviour (ie there might be a pattern of claiming lost items etc).

Can you PM me with her ID? I know an Australian powerseller on ebay who sells mainly LV and there have been some rumours about her. I also know her buying IDs and can check up on this.

I know who you are talking about - buys bags to flip.

Peski are you the last honest seller in Australia? I'm always checking out your auctions. You're a peach for offering assistance here. :heart: