Did you stop buying/using contemporary bags once you go luxury?

I bought exactly one contemporary bag --- a crossbody bag from Hobo International. Its craftsmanship and quality are so amazing, it actually looks more luxurious than a Celine Trio!

But I feel that it is hard to really like contemporary bags any more. Heard somewhere that the most dangerous thing you can do to yourself financially is upgrading your lifestyle. Scary what a person can get used to.

Lately I've been purchasing more from contemporary brands. My recent purchases include Coach Sierra, Tory Burch buckle briliant tote, Furla stacy, Furla piper, and last but not least Marc Jacobs snapshot.
If it's beautiful, it doesn't have to be premium designer bags. I rotate my handbags based on location and events. Contemporary bags are great for daily use and really comfortable. [emoji4]

Handbags and slg, yes. But my beater bags are backpacks like Berghaus, Fjallraven etc, Envirosax:s and similar. Or my pockets. My handbags do not get to go to the beach or hiking up mountains :no: But the slg can come along in a protective pouch :yes: I really don't have a need for "in between handbags".

My bag collection isn't exactly vast though. I've put a limit at 10-15 and I'm very very very fussy about what I buy- has to be the exact right colour, model, leather, like new condition if pre-owned and on and on so the collection is growing pretty slowly.

My top three favourite bags from my collection are my Gucci Nice, LV Neverfull and my Kate Spade Quinn.

I love Kate Spade and will always buy their bags - i like the majority of their styles, especially the more quirky ones. Their jewellery and other accessories also really appeal to me (I say that while currently wearing my KS bangle with my Cartier Love bangle and Hermes Click Clac).

My most expensive bag to date is my Chanel Boy and since buying it I don't feel like I only need to buy luxe. I'm going to NYC in May and can't wait for a gander at the Kate Spade store!

I had stopped and even sold all them..
But when I almost destroyed one of my Mulberry when I was out with my kids, I bought 2 Milly backpacks but actually only kept one (the other was donated to my sister). Recently I got a Gerard Darel tote and I love it! Beautiful soft leather and no worries about it when I am out with my kids :smile:

Reactions: roses5682
I have a small collection of bags that which includes Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada, Bottega Veneta and Loewe.

But that didn't stop me from buying a Michael Kors cross body and a Lancaster bucket bag recently. :biggrin:
I have been using the above two a lot on casual days.

But then again, I belong to the middle working class, not the higher or the privilege ones.. My bags are usually purchased for my liking, and not so much for fitting into a particular social circle.. hmm..
That Lancaster Bucket bag is gorgeous! I just Googled it.

Sadly for my bank account, yes. I sold off all my Kate Spade, tory, botkier. I kept one Rebecca Minkoff tote because I love the leather, but once I started buying designer bags I’ve found it nearly impossible to carry contemporary brands I’ve actually started getting comments from my friends who yell (jokingly) at me for having a different bag every time they see me

Nope. I buy a combination of contemporary and luxury. I bought a Givenchy Antigona in December and then bought a Rebecca Minkoff backpack just a few weeks ago. While I am more partial to the more "exclusive" bags, I haven't strayed from the contemporary ones either. I buy what I like. Whether it be a $300 bag or $2000 bag. It does take me quite a big longer to save for a luxury bag, but doesn't mean I don't look into less expensive ones in the meantime. I'm currently drooling over a Saint Laurent AND a Tory Burch bag so needless to say, I'm all over the place! But that's okay!

Very timely question for me! I sold off close to 30 premier and contemporary bags in the last 3 years and now I only have one contemporary brand (Furla) in my collection of about 10 bags. I find myself wanting to buy more bags, very much like shopping for a new, wiser me!

I thought I had enough of Coach, MBMJ till today when a dear friend bought the Marc Jacobs Recruit Saddle Bag. I am seriously tempted. Then I remember how hard it was to sell these bags. First world problem for sure!

My top three favourite bags from my collection are my Gucci Nice, LV Neverfull and my Kate Spade Quinn.

I love Kate Spade and will always buy their bags - i like the majority of their styles, especially the more quirky ones. Their jewellery and other accessories also really appeal to me (I say that while currently wearing my KS bangle with my Cartier Love bangle and Hermes Click Clac).

My most expensive bag to date is my Chanel Boy and since buying it I don't feel like I only need to buy luxe. I'm going to NYC in May and can't wait for a gander at the Kate Spade store!

Wow, I wish I were able to buy an expensive bag and be content with just one. May I ask why you feel that way? Is it because the Boy fulfills that need or is it that you think an expensive bag is overrated?

For me lately I've been carrying only designer purses. I've been neglecting my contemporary ones and think it's time to purge my closet.

I will still buy contemporary bags if it fits what I want to use them for. I buy them more for every day wear for work, as I don’t mind if they get beat up.

My designer bags I use for everything else, weekends and nights. Not sure why, but this is what works best for me.

Actually the reverse has happened. I would never consider an exotic Hermes when I can get the look with a $200 Brahmin. I've even felt freer to try handmade leather bags made by an artisan in Italy that is less than $500 shipped and can be customized. I do like the premier bags I have but they will be only a small part of my collection. The prices of luxury make a well crafted contemporary seem like a bargain now.

Actually the reverse has happened. I would never consider an exotic Hermes when I can get the look with a $200 Brahmin. I've even felt freer to try handmade leather bags made by an artisan in Italy that is less than $500 shipped and can be customized. I do like the premier bags I have but they will be only a small part of my collection. The prices of luxury make a well crafted contemporary seem like a bargain now.
Do you have any artisan in Italy to recommand ?