did anybody *NOT* regret getting facial contouring / cheekbone reduction?

I’m 8 months post op and loving the results. It looks natural. I haven’t posted the entire experience on here yet but I plan to soon! My next step is deciding uf I want metal plate removal. Other than that, I’m closing this PS era of my life~

I’m in my mid-30s and considering a procedure to address protruding cheekbones and achieve a less square face. My concern is whether the sagging will be manageable before I plan to have a facelift in 3 years. I’m curious if others around my age have undergone a similar process without experiencing significant sagging and are satisfied with the results before third year. Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: nuface
Hi Idoru, did you do ps fc with soda ps? If so, how many years of fc experience does the surgeon have? Do you have there kakao link. thank you.
Hi,

Yes I did FC with SODA PRS if you had read my previous postings. I had also mentioned Dr Kwon Jae Hyun used to be the head of facial contouring at ID Hospital and you will be able to see him in action in ID Hospital's older marketing videos on YouTube. As far as I know, he has been doing this since 2016.

I had answered everything you asked in previous postings (pls take some time to read...?)

SODA can be contacted via Kakao via:

I’m 8 months post op and loving the results. It looks natural. I haven’t posted the entire experience on here yet but I plan to soon! My next step is deciding uf I want metal plate removal. Other than that, I’m closing this PS era of my life~
did you have protruding cheekbones or did you just want to narrow your face shape? i heard if you have protruding cheekbones it could lead to sagging skin so i'm a bit worried.

omg you look really good, definitely don’t need cheekbone reduction. It’ll make your face super narrow and small. Right now your cheekbone is perfect size. I wish I had known this before my surgery now I regret it every single day. It’s a nightmare

I'm Korean. I had V-line surgery 2 years ago at age 27. I'm 50/50 whether I regret it or not. The consultant was confused why I wanted V-line because "You already have a V-line". The biggest insecurity I wanted to address was my chin. It's a little big for my thin face (similar to Alodia Gosiengfiao/Xiaxue). My maxillary angle was actually close to perfect but I had my entire jaw bone cut off. I think I should've gotten mini V-line instead.

Before: Had a very defined jaw line that some people might be jealous of. V-shaped but kind of big chin.

After: Not very defined jaw. Looks fine if I face forward but if I scrunch my chin it looks like 5 chins. No sagging because my skin is 10 years younger than my age. I look younger than I did before.

My advice: Many people complain about having an Asian broad, flat face. Sometimes, the problem is not the shape of the mandible. It's because many Asians have a depressed mid-face and a protruding jaw (like black people but less obvious). The ideal "doll-face" that most people want is a prominent but short mid-face and a smaller jaw that goes back at an angle, instead of in-line with the nose. That was definitely my case. What I should've done instead is double-jaw surgery and fat-grafting to my mid-face. I have seen girls get double-jaw and it is WAY more effective than V-line alone. But, my natural face isn't really that bad and doesn't warrant double-jaw, one of the most invasive surgeries, so I probably wouldn't have done it.

Aging: Looking back at my old pictures, I looked better then, before all the plastic surgery, than I do now. I don't have the best bone structure and my skull is very asymmetrical. When I was younger all these things were barely noticeable because the fat on my face hid them. As my fat disappeared I started noticing things like depressed mid-face, uneven jaw, sunken eye socket, veiny temples, etc. My reaction to aging was getting big surgeries to make big changes, rather than address the main issue: age. If I could reverse all my surgeries I would start with anti-aging surgeries like fat-grafting, and see if I still want big changes. Facial contouring surgery won't make you look more beautiful unless you have a "deformity" to begin with, like overly large cheekbones or mandible. It will make you look different, but not necessarily better.