did anybody *NOT* regret getting facial contouring / cheekbone reduction?

I'm Korean. I had V-line surgery 2 years ago at age 27. I'm 50/50 whether I regret it or not. The consultant was confused why I wanted V-line because "You already have a V-line". The biggest insecurity I wanted to address was my chin. It's a little big for my thin face (similar to Alodia Gosiengfiao/Xiaxue). My maxillary angle was actually close to perfect but I had my entire jaw bone cut off. I think I should've gotten mini V-line instead.

Before: Had a very defined jaw line that some people might be jealous of. V-shaped but kind of big chin.

After: Not very defined jaw. Looks fine if I face forward but if I scrunch my chin it looks like 5 chins. No sagging because my skin is 10 years younger than my age. I look younger than I did before.

My advice: Many people complain about having an Asian broad, flat face. Sometimes, the problem is not the shape of the mandible. It's because many Asians have a depressed mid-face and a protruding jaw (like black people but less obvious). The ideal "doll-face" that most people want is a prominent but short mid-face and a smaller jaw that goes back at an angle, instead of in-line with the nose. That was definitely my case. What I should've done instead is double-jaw surgery and fat-grafting to my mid-face. I have seen girls get double-jaw and it is WAY more effective than V-line alone. But, my natural face isn't really that bad and doesn't warrant double-jaw, one of the most invasive surgeries, so I probably wouldn't have done it.

Aging: Looking back at my old pictures, I looked better then, before all the plastic surgery, than I do now. I don't have the best bone structure and my skull is very asymmetrical. When I was younger all these things were barely noticeable because the fat on my face hid them. As my fat disappeared I started noticing things like depressed mid-face, uneven jaw, sunken eye socket, veiny temples, etc. My reaction to aging was getting big surgeries to make big changes, rather than address the main issue: age. If I could reverse all my surgeries I would start with anti-aging surgeries like fat-grafting, and see if I still want big changes. Facial contouring surgery won't make you look more beautiful unless you have a "deformity" to begin with, like overly large cheekbones or mandible. It will make you look different, but not necessarily better.
So true, mid 20s led me to depressed mid face, and I was led to believe I have big cheekbones by doctors. They always recommend the most expensive surgeries when you don’t need one. I was skeptical but ultimately trusted my doctor. I wanted a more defined face, but ended up with zero definition. My face is now flatter, narrow with all the sagging. Big faces are pretty, and most people’s faces are not as big as they think. It’s mainly body dysmorphia making us think that way and always striving for something we don’t have. I regret so much, and the side effects are not worth it. It hurts everyday. I’m glad I didn’t do any eye, nose or jaw surgery. I see a lot of people that look extremely uncanny because they do too much surgery and it scares me so much.

Naturally high and big cheekbones/jawlines are what makes one look young, not the other way around. You also age slower. Reduce those and you end up having a longer, narrow face that sags and facelifts won’t help long-term. Facelifts also work best if you have great bone structure to begin with. Please think twice about these scary procedures

Last edited:
I agree with the comment above me that said you’ll see more bad reviews than good ones because people who are happy with their results leave this place.

I can count myself like that too. I’m a fee days away from my 1 yr mark since genioplasty / vline surgery and I’m happy (and haven’t posted on here yet tho I plan to). I could get lasers to make my jaw tighter but no problem, the stitches in my mouth are almost unnoticeable.

I think my comment is to only fix what you feel is your main concern. I’m glad I didn’t go get my nose done because my chin was my main concern and when I got it done, everything else felt right.

I'm about 3 months in for my FC, appreciating my new face shape a lot more. Doctor (ARC) was conservative and did not push me to do zygoma because reducing the jaw bone would be enough to get the V-line :smile:
I'm celebrating my 25th birthday in a few months, will continue updating this forum with my results as time goes by!

Has anyone gotten FC that is 30+? Curious how the recovery is and if you like your results. I know a lot of people that get FC are in their 20s and healing is different for everyone.
Im on early 30s i had my face contour (v-line without cheekbone reduction) this January 2024, i developed jowls due to the swelling as i recover it seems it’s now disappearing. No complications so far. my sensation on my mouth all recovered just a little sensitive on my lower right tooth.

Im on early 30s i had my face contour (v-line without cheekbone reduction) this January 2024, i developed jowls due to the swelling as i recover it seems it’s now disappearing. No complications so far. my sensation on my mouth all recovered just a little sensitive on my lower right tooth.

Glad to hear it's disappearing and no complications, wishing you a speedy recovery!