Diamond tennis bracelets

Thank you!
Luckily we were safe, our home was robbed while we were at dinner, they got everything unfortunately.
Family was not home and is safe :pray:
Thank goodness your family was not home and everyone is safe! I’m so sorry they took everything. I hope with time you can build it all back again. But I always say family and health is most important and I’m so happy to hear that everyone is OK! Love to all!

• Love
Reactions: Swanky
Ya sis! Same robbery :pray:
Well, I’m happy to hear that at least. I was praying lightening didn’t strike you twice. I hate a thief! Work hard and go get it like everyone else! Someone tried to steal my hubby’s wedding band at the gas station. I keep telling him don’t get gas in the hood! Luckily he was carrying that day so the guy didn’t get away with anything. He didn’t know it but he brought a knife to a gun fight🤣

Reactions: reflection212
maybe for the next person out there, I got my bracelet!!! 4ct.

Just for more info: my small love is a 16 and wrist is a 14cm. 6.25-6.3 tennis bracelet is perfect length - not too big and very similar in circumference to the love. Is does do the over and under thing. So it doesn’t lay in perfect harmony with the bangle.

The length is perfect for me- as I don’t like bracelets to touch the puffy pad near my thumb on the inside of my hand.

Also, this 4.3 carat has a very similar width to the width of my love bracelet! Which is cool too. I wouldn’t have minded smaller but similar size is nice. Smaller would definitely be a stacking type bracelet, this size can definitely stand alone.

Attachments

• 5EFE2D38-EFCD-442E-AE32-2CE074A58BBA.jpeg
    5EFE2D38-EFCD-442E-AE32-2CE074A58BBA.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 175
I might add that part of me wishes I had gotten a gold tennis bracelet but I picked white gold for the same reason I chose my wedding set to be white.

It doesn’t stop me from wishing I had a gold wedding set. But I’m newly married and getting a different set just to have a gold wedding set might be hurtful to the hubs. He doesn’t get the term “options”

I might add that part of me wishes I had gotten a gold tennis bracelet but I picked white gold for the same reason I chose my wedding set to be white.

It doesn’t stop me from wishing I had a gold wedding set. But I’m newly married and getting a different set just to have a gold wedding set might be hurtful to the hubs. He doesn’t get the term “options”
It looks beautiful. I prefer white gold for a tennis bracelet. Enjoy your new sparkles!

Reactions: honey52
I'm looking to get a tennis bracelet online and was wondering how I go about confirming the color/clarity specs are accurate if I get it? At this point I'm not looking for a full on appraisal (maybe once I confirm that it's good and I decide to keep it). I kind of just want someone to look at it for a minute or two and tell me whether it's accurate or not (or let me know if there's only a few stones that aren't up to par). Would any reputable jewelry store do that? I don't have a local jeweler that I go to regularly. If any local ladies (or gents!) have any Long Island recommendations on what to do/where to go I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I reached a certain milestone and I want to purchase my first tennis bracelet. I have the following options (their prices are almost in the same range ) and I really need your opinions:

First one:
Brand new
total stones: 46, 7.8 carats
Round brilliant, H-I, VVS-VS

Second one:
Second hand
12.5 carats, K color
Round brilliant, VS- SI

THIRD ONE:
Second hand
9.38 Carats, H-I
Round brilliant, VS-SI
Which did you end up choosing? I probably would pick the first or the third. I'd prioritize color over everything tbh but that is just my personal preference. I don't see anything wrong with second hand, but the specs on the first one are dreamyyyy!

I'm looking to get a tennis bracelet online and was wondering how I go about confirming the color/clarity specs are accurate if I get it? At this point I'm not looking for a full on appraisal (maybe once I confirm that it's good and I decide to keep it). I kind of just want someone to look at it for a minute or two and tell me whether it's accurate or not (or let me know if there's only a few stones that aren't up to par). Would any reputable jewelry store do that? I don't have a local jeweler that I go to regularly. If any local ladies (or gents!) have any Long Island recommendations on what to do/where to go I'd greatly appreciate it.
Your best bet is finding a reputable jeweler, not mall jewelers like Kay, Jared, etc. Those places have a reputation for subpar quality, over-estimating diamond grading, etc. and should be avoided all together. Even Blue Nile and James Allen are now owned by the parent company of many of those mall jewelers, so they aren’t as reputable as they once were. Since diamond melee/diamonds under .25ct are generally not sent to GIA (the most reputable independent lab) for grading, you are relying on the jewelers “estimation” of grading. Some jewelers provide in-house appraisals and/or certificates from in-house gemologists (sometimes “GIA trained”); however, being in-house there is an obvious conflict and that documentation isn’t really reliable. Costco has a surprisingly good reputation for quality diamond jewelry and a great return policy. Also check out ID Jewelry in NYC or online. Whiteflash and Brian Gavin are other reputable sources. GL

Your best bet is finding a reputable jeweler, not mall jewelers like Kay, Jared, etc. Those places have a reputation for subpar quality, over-estimating diamond grading, etc. and should be avoided all together. Even Blue Nile and James Allen are now owned by the parent company of many of those mall jewelers, so they aren’t as reputable as they once were. Since diamond melee/diamonds under .25ct are generally not sent to GIA (the most reputable independent lab) for grading, you are relying on the jewelers “estimation” of grading. Some jewelers provide in-house appraisals and/or certificates from in-house gemologists (sometimes “GIA trained”); however, being in-house there is an obvious conflict and that documentation isn’t really reliable. Costco has a surprisingly good reputation for quality diamond jewelry and a great return policy. Also check out ID Jewelry in NYC or online. Whiteflash and Brian Gavin are other reputable sources. GL
James Allen was actually the one that I was looking at! I had no idea ownership changed, ugh. Looks like I have some more legwork to do before I get something. Thanks for all the advice

Which did you end up choosing? I probably would pick the first or the third. I'd prioritize color over everything tbh but that is just my personal preference. I don't see anything wrong with second hand, but the specs on the first one are dreamyyyy!
Thanks for asking! I ended up buying the first option and I love it! Photo doesn’t do any justice!
IMG_4028.jpeg