Design Your Own Rogue

I really have enjoyed carrying my Rogue Olive Green 36 with snake handles, BUT there are some things that I just don't like about it.
1. It is really heavy. I don't carry that much to begin with, but this bag is too heavy to carry around doing errands, shopping, etc. It's fine if you are just going out to dinner or going to work though. The shoulder I carry my purse on is definitely sore from wearing this while shopping the other day.
2. It's already slouching. The handles are so heavy that the bag is doomed to sag inward. I know it's not too bad now, but I can see it getting worse.
3. I am a perfectionist when it comes to bags. I take complete care of them and never set them on the ground and am always cautious of how I treat my bag. I already have scuffed corners and I'm not quite sure how it happened.
4. Huge interior, but I find it hard to dig around in there because the sides close in on me and I'm constantly having to push them back out if that makes sense.
5. The little kiss lock pocket inside is adorable, but not quite sure what to use it for, it's kinda tight and small.
I do like this bag. I get compliments on it, the craftsman ship is stunning (suede, kisslock pocket inside beautiful snake handles) and loveeee the color and how it goes well with anything. BUT...I am really glad I didn't pay full price for this bag and got it during the sale instead. I just am not in love. :sad: How do you guys feel about your bags?

I recently purchased 2 pre-owned and I feel the same. It's like, but not love. I don't feel the same as I do about my Boroughs, which was love at first sight[emoji173]️

I'd have to go to my closet to compare but I think the pocket in the satchel is comparable to the one in the medium Rogues. Even if it is smaller, I have not noticed it being "too small" for the satchel or anything.

I would have to see these bags that have sagging due to the pocket; I am having a hard time seeing how it would happen due to the kisspocket alone. My pockets are all quite "set into" the lining/bag and not slouching in or down or anything. Unless they are stuffed full of heavy things, I am just not sure how they would weigh the bag down that much to cause such slouching. The bags are rather heavy on their own, and it is the nature of pebbled leather to get a bit slouchier with use.

I like the kisslock pockets. I don't really use them except for card storage but I still like them. I think they are a interesting (and retro) design element, even if the only person that sees it is me, much like say the suede lined interior compartment of my satchels.

I did not think the 25s had the kisslock pockets? I have seen some rather slouchy used 25s on the resale market though. There was a saddle one on ebay recently that looked super squishy and puddle-y. I assumed it was used quite often before being listed!

I've attached a picture of my purse to show you how this kisslock pocket makes it sag in the front. I don't even use it. I think they are cute as well, just don't like how it makes my bag slouch. Mine looks like it's been used quite often already and I barely carry it around other than taking it to work. I've only had it for a couple weeks.

Attachments

• two.jpg
    two.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 513
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 521
My daughter likes the slouching, I prefer the structured look. I have been using my 25 pretty regularly and no slouching so far. I use an insert and carry enough stuff to keep it full when in use and stuffed when not in use so I don't give it a chance to slouch. Lol! Plus, it's not such a large piece of leather with really heavy hardware on top of it so that might help too.

I think you might be in the majority with wanting it to slouch.

What insert do you use?

@alwayscoffee89

So today I am carrying one of my medium Rogues and I decided to try putting my Purse 2 Go in it (the size that is for a Speedy 30 - I think Extra Large?) I had to adjust the size slightly smaller with the velcro, but it appears to work really well in not only adding some more organization, but it also keeps the sides "pushed out" so they don't collapse inward when looking/reaching inside.

It won't resolve the weight issue for you (though many organizers are very lightweight), but I wanted to pass on to maybe try putting a purse organizer in your Rogue to address the slouching/caving in issue. It will keep the kisspocket in its place, for sure. If you went with a Purse 2 Go, you would need to go up a size or two I imagine though. I am not familiar enough with other organizers so you would have to compare internal measurements.

Last edited:
@alwayscoffee89

So today I am carrying one of my medium Rogues and I decided to try putting my Purse 2 Go in it (the size that is for a Speedy 30 - I think Extra Large?) I had to adjust the size slightly smaller with the velcro, but it appears to work really well in not only adding some more organization, but it also keeps the sides "pushed out" so they don't collapse inward when looking/reaching inside.

It won't resolve the weight issue for you (though many organizers are very lightweight), but I wanted to pass on to maybe try putting a purse organizer in your Rogue to address the slouching/caving in issue. It will keep the kisspocket in its place, for sure. If you went with a Purse 2 Go, you would need to go up a size or two I imagine though. I am not familiar enough with other organizers so you would have to compare internal measurements.

Thanks! I know there isn't much I can do about the weight, but at least I can make the slouching better. It doesn't bother me too much, I just find it hard to get in the purse when it's slouchy. This is just going to have to be my work/dinner bag. :smile:

Reactions: RayKay
Thanks! I know there isn't much I can do about the weight, but at least I can make the slouching better. It doesn't bother me too much, I just find it hard to get in the purse when it's slouchy. This is just going to have to be my work/dinner bag. :smile:

I get it. I am one of those people who likes to be able to reach in to my bag to grab whatever I need without actually having to look. That is definitely harder to do if it is slouchier/folding in on itself!

It was actually your comments yesterday that had me decide to try out the organizer in a Rogue, I usually only use it in my more one compartment speedy-style bags. I am actually really happy it worked well, as I prefer organizers for, well, the organization, as well as to protect the liner a bit more. Also makes it easier to switch around! :smile:

Yea, I keep the handles tucked in as well, but it still slouches. I just figured I would be honest on here, ya know? I just don't see myself using it everyday. I really want an everyday bag because I don't like to switch purses that much. I just don't know when to use this bag, I want a cute bag to carry around with me day to day. I don't want to sell it either because my fiance got me this as a gift. I wish it was more functional!

Your experience is what keeps me a borough gal; going through that would seriously drive me insane! As much as I love the Rogue on others, I personally find the hardware clumsy, and overall just add to the weight of the bag. Good luck with figuring out ways that would make it more functional, so you can hopefully wear it more often. I was surprised at how heavy the new Bandit is empty! And I usually like substantial stuff.

Reactions: alwayscoffee89
I've attached a picture of my purse to show you how this kisslock pocket makes it sag in the front. I don't even use it. I think they are cute as well, just don't like how it makes my bag slouch. Mine looks like it's been used quite often already and I barely carry it around other than taking it to work. I've only had it for a couple weeks.

This is beautiful! Do we need to switch bags? Haha... My black still looks much more upright and I've had it since January! I wonder if there's a difference in the softness of the leathers depending on which dye was used on it.

Reactions: RayKay
This is beautiful! Do we need to switch bags? Haha... My black still looks much more upright and I've had it since January! I wonder if there's a difference in the softness of the leathers depending on which dye was used on it.
haha. I'm thinking of selling it after I talk to my fiance, but I would really miss the olive green! Do you have the black with snake handles?

haha. I'm thinking of selling it after I talk to my fiance, but I would really miss the olive green! Do you have the black with snake handles?

No, mine's just the plain black one. I did notice that the side with the kisslock is slouching more, though I never thought to attribute the slouch to that. I just rotated the bag (moved the hangtag and keyhood to the opposite side) because I figured it was due to the way I wear the bag! We'll see if it evens out. :smile: The "back" (zipper pocket side) is still super structured.

Reactions: alwayscoffee89