Decision: Reissue chevron or Classic Jumbo?

You made excellent points!! I completely agree :smile: I still take care of my bag as best I can while still enjoying it.

@renee_nyc Do you have yours in gold hardware? If so how is it holding up? Have you noticed either of the sides lifting like @honeypeach was mentioning?

Btw thank you for the videos @honeypeach! I didn’t think about the sides not holding it’s shape as well. I’ll definitely have to keep an eye on it.

THANK YOU everyone for your input! I decided on the reissue 226 Chevron and just purchased it!! I’m so excited!

Make sure to post pics!

Reactions: cmd28
You made excellent points!! I completely agree :smile: I still take care of my bag as best I can while still enjoying it.

@renee_nyc Do you have yours in gold hardware? If so how is it holding up? Have you noticed either of the sides lifting like @honeypeach was mentioning?

Btw thank you for the videos @honeypeach! I didn’t think about the sides not holding it’s shape as well. I’ll definitely have to keep an eye on it.

THANK YOU everyone for your input! I decided on the reissue 226 Chevron and just purchased it!! I’m so excited!

No uneven lifting of one side on my reissue. I have the so black chevron.

I can’t wait to see a pic! The gold is such a beautiful matte.

Reactions: cmd28
That is a completely different bag than the Reissue.

Personally I am very biased towards aged calf skin classic reissue, I love mine in 227 GHW and I will love it forever!
FYI, I heard there are issues with the chevron pattern --- the flap would lift up on one side? (I saw it somewhere in youtube), I know it's a different style of bag, so I'm not sure whether the chevron reissue would have this issue.

(watch the first 2 minutes)

(start watching around 11'40)

I have that aged calf but in 226.

Your bag is gorgeous!
Thank you, renee_nyc :blush:
It’s hard to go wrong with a black Chevron Reissue! I love the calfskin, as well as the aged calf. My sheepskin feels a bit stiffer, but I am really happy with it and that I got it in So Black :hbeat: I have an older quilted 227 in aged calf with gold hw. I feel like they are 2 completely different bags.

Reactions: cmd28 and renee_nyc
I’m heavily biased but I’d go for the reissue!

I also, like @gettingpurseonal have the sheepskin 226 in chevron but with GHW and I love it so much. The leather looks very similar to the calfskin one you’ve shown but I haven’t seen that one in person.

I think if you already have CF the the 226 is a great choice especially with GHW as it stands out without screaming I’M A CHANEL BAG!!

IMG_3173.JPG

Thank you!! Here is a photo of the calf one at Chanel when I last went.

Also, after that, a 225 in aged calf with me modeling it. View attachment 4374432View attachment 4374434
View attachment 4374439 View attachment 4374440
Congrats on the bag!!! Which store did you see these? US? When I was in Costa Mesa a fee weeks ago they only had quilted. I like the chevron better. But my SA said that the calfskin is softer than the wrinkled one and can be scratched easily. What is your guys’ opinion ( whoever owns the calfskin)
Congrats again

We are Reissue cousins!! I’ve never seen another one in sheepskin! Pretty with the gold hardware too.

I also, like @gettingpurseonal have the sheepskin 226 in chevron but with GHW and I love it so much. The leather looks very similar to the calfskin one you’ve shown but I haven’t seen that one in person.

I think if you already have CF the the 226 is a great choice especially with GHW as it stands out without screaming I’M A CHANEL BAG!!

View attachment 4374754

Reactions: Law

View attachment 4374754
I think I have the sheepskin 255 like this on. The chevron goes in opposite direction flap to bottom. Mine is from 2017 and has a hot pink lining... does yours have a pink lining??

I think I have the sheepskin 255 like this on. The chevron goes in opposite direction flap to bottom. Mine is from 2017 and has a hot pink lining... does yours have a pink lining??

Yes, it’s the very same with the pink inside. I got mine in Nov 2017, I think they are from the paris ritz collection [emoji173]️

Hey bag cousin [emoji1366]! The sheepskin reissues are definitely a rare breed, makes them even more special imo!
Great to know- thank you! I just bought mine (Nordstrom) this month. I think someone must have returned it or forgot about it- it looks absolutely perfect- I fell for it instantly! I like pink, but when I opened it and saw the pink lining, I think I squeeled like a 8 y o girl!! Can you tell me, how does it wear? I am mindful when I wear my Chanel’s, but have not had sheepskin before.