Decision: Reissue chevron or Classic Jumbo?

cmd28

CD
O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to decide between 2 bags:

A: Reissue 255 Medium, Black Chevron, Raw calfskin, gold hw.
B: Jumbo Classic Flap, Black, caviar, gold hw.

I currently own a Medium Classic flap , black caviar, silver hw. So my hesitation is that the Jumbo is too similar.

I like that the reissue is understated (but at the same time I want it stand out). I also didn’t think chevron was very “Classic” but the SA said that chevron was actually the original quilted pattern (is that true?)

Does anyone own the raw calfskin reissue? SA said it’s just as durable as caviar, but I’m worried that it would show scratches since it’s a more matte finish and not shiny like caviar.

Also, the seasonal reissues have more structure (not foldable design) which I prefer. I don’t like how the Classic reissue points at the top.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• C74C2C12-FBFC-4167-9A54-383A2AB9B70D.jpeg
    C74C2C12-FBFC-4167-9A54-383A2AB9B70D.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 721
  • B243207B-4009-4894-9881-9FCAE4D178F0.jpeg
    B243207B-4009-4894-9881-9FCAE4D178F0.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 713
  • 379932AF-E207-4828-A5B8-3F8E68FE6C3B.jpeg
    379932AF-E207-4828-A5B8-3F8E68FE6C3B.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 711
Because you already own a medium classic flap, I would purchase the chevron reissue. It’s different in pattern & hardware color. I own the black with GHW jumbo classic and am absolutely obsessed with it, but it’s completely different than all my other purchases.

Reactions: cmd28
Thanks everyone for your opinions! It’s super helpful!

My SA also sent me a picture of a chevron matte caviar with light gold hardware (picture is of medium, but it comes in jumbo).

The matte caviar chevron classic flap is softer than regular caviar though. But I really love the light gold. I wasn’t able to see it in person so I don’t know how it feels/looks in real life.

The concern about the reissue 226 is that it’s only a little bit larger than my M/L classic flap. But the chain length makes it more versatile for wearing it crossbody.

Attachments

• 8C645B12-A319-4BAE-B248-2079D125CF96.jpeg
    8C645B12-A319-4BAE-B248-2079D125CF96.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 552
Reactions: Panders77
I love that black chevron reissue!! I have it in So Black and mine is sheepskin, which is just a tiny bit stiffer. I saw that calfskin at Chanel the other day and it was SOOO nice!! It was hard to walk away even though I have one so similar. I think this chevron Reissue would be an amazing long lasting addition to your wardrobe. It will certainly be snapped up immediately if you decide to pass on it!! It’s durable, but probably not quite as scratch resistant as caviar, but no bag is 100% scratch proof. Champagne glasses aren’t as resistant to breaking as plastic cups, yet we still prefer to use them! When we get a nice new car, we know there is a bit more trepidation in driving it or parking it in a shopping center. But the joy of these things outweighs the possibility of a scratch.

The 226 is a pretty roomy bag. You can fit almost as much as a jumbo would hold.

Reactions: cmd28 and tannfran
Personally I am very biased towards aged calf skin classic reissue, I love mine in 227 GHW and I will love it forever!
FYI, I heard there are issues with the chevron pattern --- the flap would lift up on one side? (I saw it somewhere in youtube), I know it's a different style of bag, so I'm not sure whether the chevron reissue would have this issue.

(watch the first 2 minutes)

(start watching around 11'40)

Last edited:
Reactions: cmd28
I love that black chevron reissue!! I have it in So Black and mine is sheepskin, which is just a tiny bit stiffer. I saw that calfskin at Chanel the other day and it was SOOO nice!! It was hard to walk away even though I have one so similar. I think this chevron Reissue would be an amazing long lasting addition to your wardrobe. It will certainly be snapped up immediately if you decide to pass on it!! It’s durable, but probably not quite as scratch resistant as caviar, but no bag is 100% scratch proof. Champagne glasses aren’t as resistant to breaking as plastic cups, yet we still prefer to use them! When we get a nice new car, we know there is a bit more trepidation in driving it or parking it in a shopping center. But the joy of these things outweighs the possibility of a scratch.

The 226 is a pretty roomy bag. You can fit almost as much as a jumbo would hold.

You made excellent points!! I completely agree :smile: I still take care of my bag as best I can while still enjoying it.

@renee_nyc Do you have yours in gold hardware? If so how is it holding up? Have you noticed either of the sides lifting like @honeypeach was mentioning?

Btw thank you for the videos @honeypeach! I didn’t think about the sides not holding it’s shape as well. I’ll definitely have to keep an eye on it.

THANK YOU everyone for your input! I decided on the reissue 226 Chevron and just purchased it!! I’m so excited!

Reactions: LilMissCutie