Decision on size of Kelly Retourne (28 vs 32)

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
Dear Ladies, I have done much research/google/youtube/IG to decide on the next bag on my list - the Kelly.

I have decided on the color options (etain/grey/black/indigo) and hardware (phw). Preferably in togo or clemence, but would be just as happy if I can track down a preloved chevre or fjord.

The only issue I'm facing now is the size. I have a Bolide 31 in clemence and a Evelyne PM.
Will a K32 in retourne be too similar in size to my Bolide?

I do not carry very much on a daily basis : short wallet, pack of tissue, a flat comb, couple of hair ties, calvi, bastia, LV 6-key holder and my mobile.
Would love to know if a K28 would fit all the items plus a 140cm csgm shawl packed rather flatly in a ziplock bag.

I would really appreciate any input and most grateful if I could get some photos of a K28/K32 with a shawl in the bag. :flowers::flowers:
Like to add that I'm 5'1-ish on a good day :lol:

Thank you very very much in advance.

Last edited:
Hi there! A k 32cm fits more than a 31 bolide due to the shape of the bag, it seems to have more interior capacity. Visually, a 32 appears a bit bigger as well. I can fit a shawl in both my 32 and my 28 if I pack the 28 carefully. Also, perhaps consider how you wish to use the bag. Do you want it to transition form day to night? If so, a 28cm may fit the bill. If you like having more room to accommodate your shawl and other items, a 32cm may be best. Have you tried both sizes on in the past? It may come down to which size looks best of your frame. Ultimately, you may just find a place in your wardrobe for both sizes as time goes on. So perhaps, the question becomes, which size first?? Sorry to enable! :smile: Good luck deciding!

Depending on whether you plan on hand carry or using shoulder strap most of the time. It may look different on you.

Capacity wise, do you find room to spare in the Bolide? If so, K28 should be ok. But it is really a question of which size first. It is a slippery slope for many reasons. :cool:

Reactions: MAGJES and celialow
Here's what will fit in a Kelly 28 retourne, if that's of any help. I don't have a Kelly 32 to do a comparison.

1612786113602-jpg.4983437

You can see the comparison for what will fit in all the different sizes of Kelly here.

Last edited:
Hi there! A k 32cm fits more than a 31 bolide due to the shape of the bag, it seems to have more interior capacity. Visually, a 32 appears a bit bigger as well. I can fit a shawl in both my 32 and my 28 if I pack the 28 carefully. Also, perhaps consider how you wish to use the bag. Do you want it to transition form day to night? If so, a 28cm may fit the bill. If you like having more room to accommodate your shawl and other items, a 32cm may be best. Have you tried both sizes on in the past? It may come down to which size looks best of your frame. Ultimately, you may just find a place in your wardrobe for both sizes as time goes on. So perhaps, the question becomes, which size first?? Sorry to enable! :smile: Good luck deciding!
@luckylove Thank you so much for sharing your experience and insights with me.
I sure hope that I will keep to only 10 bags, with the Kelly being one of them :smile:

Reactions: carlinha and Rami00
Depending on whether you plan on hand carry or using shoulder strap most of the time. It may look different on you.
Capacity wise, do you find room to spare in the Bolide? If so, K28 should be ok. But it is really a question of which size first. It is a slippery slope for many reasons. :cool:
Thank you @shopaholicious :smile:
Yes, the bolide is rather roomy for what I usually carry. Like the bolide, I look forward to using the Kelly with the shoulder strap :love:

Reactions: shopaholicious
Here's what will fit in a Kelly 28 retourne, if that's of any help. I don't have a Kelly 32 to do a comparison.
View attachment 3897262 View attachment 3897263
You can see the comparison for what will fit in all the different sizes of Kelly here.
@weN84 , HUGE thank you for the wonderful pictures, which are exactly what I need for reaffirming that I need a K28 in my life.
I cannot thank you enough for sharing so generously!! :hbeat::hbeat:

Reactions: Meta
Hi,
I'm 160cm tall, I've sold all of my 32 Kellys and only carry 28 sellier / retourne.
This is the pefekete size for me and it fits in everything I need in the day.
I carry my Kellys with the wide strap of the Evelyne, it is casual and hand-free.

Hi,
I'm 160cm tall, I've sold all of my 32 Kellys and only carry 28 sellier / retourne.
This is the pefekete size for me and it fits in everything I need in the day.
I carry my Kellys with the wide strap of the Evelyne, it is casual and hand-free.
Dear @kelly7 , thank you so much for sharing. I'm getting more decided on the K28 now ;)

I’m 5”2.5’, and carry size 28. It would fit all that you need.
Thank you, @tramcaro :smile:
I guess a K28 is the way to go, though I'm not too sure if the K32 will be left with too much space (?) after I put in the necessities.
I'm also rather worried about the K32 being too wide and that I'll end up bumping/wearing the corners out :hrmm: