Death of the Louis Vuitton GM bag?

Can't they just produce fewer numbers of these bags? Seems unnecessary that they should scrap the GM models of all these styles. It's not like their products ever go on sale, and these are permanent pieces so they need only replenish the stock when required...?

Can't they just produce fewer numbers of these bags? Seems unnecessary that they should scrap the GM models of all these styles. It's not like their products ever go on sale, and these are permanent pieces so they need only replenish the stock when required...?

I so agree with you. I had my mind set on buying another bag but I have always wanted a GM Galliera, so now this will be my next LV purchase, since it is being discontinued.

I love all the GM's don't understand why they're discontinuing them....so ashame for the people that love big bags! Speaking of big bags, I think the neverfull GM is the biggest bag out of all being discontinued.

I was wondering about this too, I think they'll keep it around since the NF is popular.

The Galliera GM wasn't even that big! wow.
I am disappointed as I'd been saving for the artsy gm but then when I could finally afford to get one 'poof it was gone'.. Just like that. They don't even give us any warnings whatsoever when they decide to discontinue certain bags.. one day it's there and next day it's not. I am hoping that they're just making room for some new larger bags that could be coming out otherwise i will just have to move onto other brands as I just prefer bigger bags.

MsHarryWinston said:
I'm suddenly so glad that I gave myself a limit of 2 big bags for my collection. I would be crushed if I hadn't talked myself out of the neverful GM and saleya GM months ago. Though I HAD been thinking of maybe the totally GM. Not enough time or money! What are we going to do? Maybe they are trying to enduce a buying frenzy?

Are they discontinuing the never full gm too?

KayluvsLV said:
I agree the portobello gm seems more like an MM or even PM size.

So is LV going to get rid of all the GM's as we know them and start calling these MM size bags GM's?

I had my delightful mm when I went to look at the portobello and they were very similar in size.

The reason why I didn't get the Empriente Speedy is because it is way to small for a 6' guy to carry!! I must agree that some of the bags would be way to big for a small framed lady, but come on LV the men's line is really not that interesting!!

If I were a messenger style girl, I would lust over the men's lines. Love the tagia leather!