Death of the Louis Vuitton GM bag?

JadaStormy

O.G.
Jan 23, 2012
Ok so far I know of three GM size bags (Artsy, Bloomsbury & Odeon) that are being discontinued Why? Poor sales? Too large to be practical? Any others on the chopping block?

But I think lv should keep them as a choice to consumer. It adds to variation and the gm size allows these bags to be used as a bigger handbag or overnight handbags. Also odeon gm is very pretty !

If the bags are not selling there is no financial reason for any company to keep an item for sale. And LV continuously keeps releasing new designs. At some point they have to cut older designs from their line up.

I understand business decisions to eliminate bags that do not sell but perhaps they are need to take into consideration that there are customers out there that will only purchase GM size bags . I'm quite certain that not all GM bags are poor sellers so it does not make good business sense to eliminate an entire group of customers who can certainly go to other designers to find the bag they need

When I went to the LV store this weekend, I talked to the SA about how small the Empriente speedy was. She said that LV has had a lot of complaints about how big their bags were and it was probably why the Speedy was released as a 25. I didn't know the GMs were being discontinued but it seems like it would fall under the same reasoning.

TheMrsKwok said:
But I think lv should keep them as a choice to consumer. It adds to variation and the gm size allows these bags to be used as a bigger handbag or overnight handbags. Also odeon gm is very pretty !

Agreed! And I wanted the Odeon GM. Was discontinued right before I went to make my purchase. :sad: