DE Speedy vs Speedy B

I've started having second thoughts after getting Speedy B 25 DE about overpaying for it and that I maybe I should have just gone with the classic Speedy instead. Honestly, the bag does "stick out" on your hip when you carry it crossbody (which I imagine could be even a bigger problem with Speedy B 30) and I was a bit disappointed with the quality (tarnishing hardware after less than 5 times of use).

However, now that spring is here, I've started going to work on a bike and the crossbody option came as such a blessing! I use it to go to work, shopping, or on a weekend trip for sightseeing. The 25 holds an amazing amount of stuff, I've not downsized anything from my Neverfull MM. I have to say that I really like it now and have no regrets anymore.

I honestly think that the bandouliere version is an amazing and functional reinterpretation of the classic bag. However, whether or not it's going to be worth it for you, I think that it depends on your lifestyle. If you just want to have a Speedy and plan to use it as a work bag (and you work in an office or at any job where your bag just lies next to you all day and you don't really carry it) and you go to work with your car - the classic one could be enough. If you plan on carrying it a lot in any other scenerio (like travel, shopping or you are a mother of a small child) then the bandouliere is definitely worth the money. One more thing to consider is that even though overall the B version is a better bargain as you get more versatility of your bag, if you already have a lot of bags in your collection or other crossbody bags, then the classic once again could be just a better deal.

As to the strap being uncomfortable - yes, the leather is quite stiff (which should relax with use) and it is not as comfortable as the vachetta strap. It's best to put things inside of the bag in store and see if it bothers you. However, DE bags are truly worry free, you don't have to care about patina and you can carry this leather in any weather, because it is treated.

As to the strap length - there are many, many options of adjusting it: without the extension you have 3 lengths option and then with added extension you get additional 3 holes, which makes for 6 lengths - which total gives you 9 lengths of the strap - I don't think it's difficult to find the right one, but you can always play with it in the store to see where it hits you.

Good luck deicing! :smile:

Looking for some advice thanks in advance.

My very first Louis bag was a Speedy 30 in Ebene and it is made in France ( so I have been hoarding it haha) but I do not use it ever since getting my Speedy B 30 also in Ebene (but made in Usa.with the cloth tag.) I know I probably won't use the handheld again as long as I have the B but it was my First Louis and my only MIF bag (not slgs) .

The Speedy B caves in and creases a lot when worn on my shoulder which I hate I have tried filling up the bag, using a purse organizer and shaper etc. This really bugs me.

I want to send one of them off to a new home as I don't need both.

Would you keep a classic Speedy just cause its MIF and use it occasionaly or have a slouchy B with a strap..hope I am making sense haha :smile:

Looking for some advice thanks in advance.

My very first Louis bag was a Speedy 30 in Ebene and it is made in France ( so I have been hoarding it haha) but I do not use it ever since getting my Speedy B 30 also in Ebene (but made in Usa.with the cloth tag.) I know I probably won't use the handheld again as long as I have the B but it was my First Louis and my only MIF bag (not slgs) .

The Speedy B caves in and creases a lot when worn on my shoulder which I hate I have tried filling up the bag, using a purse organizer and shaper etc. This really bugs me.

I want to send one of them off to a new home as I don't need both.

Would you keep a classic Speedy just cause its MIF and use it occasionaly or have a slouchy B with a strap..hope I am making sense haha :smile:

If you are not loving them, I suggest you sell both and buy something you love? It'a a lot of money just to stay inside the closet 😩 But that's my opinion only 😊

I've had my speedy b 30 in DE for 4 years and I still love it. I tend to either carry it in the crook of my arm or as a shoulder bag. Don't really like it cross body so I permanently have the extra extension off but I like that I can be hands free when I need to be and wear it on my shoulders. I don't typically carry all that much so I don't find the strap uncomfortable at all. I say it's definitely worth it!

Yes yes and yes! Makes a huge difference. Sold my speedy 25 to fund the DE 30B. So amazing to have the choice! And I love the extra leather details! Make sure you find one with smooth handles!!:smile: lately I find they don't take the time to tuck them like they used to do! My 6month old DE 30B is currently getting new handles at LV, bc I made a complaint on the way mine was made. But this bag also made me realise I'm not over LV as a brand! Why? Because I MISS my bag so much!
I know exactly what you mean about finding one with a smooth handle! I'm planning on buying the speedy 30b in DE, but everything I go to the store to look all the ones MIF have the rough handles.

I've had my speedy b 30 in DE for 4 years and I still love it. I tend to either carry it in the crook of my arm or as a shoulder bag. Don't really like it cross body so I permanently have the extra extension off but I like that I can be hands free when I need to be and wear it on my shoulders. I don't typically carry all that much so I don't find the strap uncomfortable at all. I say it's definitely worth it!
Hi, since you have it for 4 yrs., did you find the DE strap got a little softer and more comfortable to wear?