Dawn's small but well-loved collection

And then, as part of my recent jewellery focused phase, I also bought a beautiful Monica Vinader diamond bangle in their December sales. I actually wear it a lot more than my 5 carat tennis bracelet (which I got last year) as this has a more secure fastening as a semi-bangle that you can tighten to fit your wrist rather than being reliant on a clasp. I actually wear this all the time! IMG_9713.jpeg

Happy New Year Miss Dawn :wave:. Good to see your posts. Glad to hear you and Baby Dawn are having so much fun. Thanks for sharing your new pretties with us. Looking forward to seeing more tomorrow. :smile:

Reactions: Miss_Dawn
I’m still going through a jewellery phase and a combination of things happened. I had a tough time at work and needed a pick-me-up, but I also spoke at an amazing conference, the type of event I have in the past celebrated with a Chanel bag :love: And I had also been wanting some more diamond jewellery.

So I went out with Mr Dawn and bought a cluster diamond ring set as a marquise with a halo. So sparkly. The photo can’t do it justice, so I’ll try to take some more photos later. I wear it all the time now, as a right hand ring. I think it’s my favourite purchase of 2023!
IMG_9026.jpeg

Christmas came and we had a lovely spa break in the U.K., and started the year feeling quite optimistic

That brings us roughly to today…

Valentine’s Day. Mr Dawn’s favourite holiday :biggrin:

On the morning, it was all about roses.

And in the evening, I received a very high tech coffee mug—temperature controlled! Total game changer.

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

Hi Miss Dawn! :hugs:
Congratulations on speaking at an amazing conference!
Your ring is beautiful! I can imagine how stunning it is in real life. And what a perfect way to photograph it in a RED rose! :smile:
Happy New Everything to you, Mr Dawn, and Baby Dawn! :heart:
Happy new year, RDN!!

Aren’t you proud of me for not buying any new red bags? :lol:

The roses at home on the day I got the ring just happened to be red, pink and white. Such a good use of the roses…

(A propos of which, I also photographed the ring to share a picture immediately with my friend F, while I was rolling blue play doh as directed by Baby Dawn, but I wouldn’t paste that picture of ring and play doh on Purse Forum… that would be much less picturesque than ring and roses :lol:)

Then it was Valentine’s weekend, this weekend. And we’re in Paris for a long weekend. Currently updating my thread, sitting in Hard Rock Cafe, in a moment of peace while Baby Dawn watches a cartoon :lol: I know, it’s a strange place to have a moment of peace :lol:

Some pictures attached. Such a beautiful sunny Saturday! We took Baby Dawn to the Eiffel Tower, which she had been asking to see, and then went on a river tour of the Seine. We’ve walked for hours each day, and done shopping (I have no time for clothes shopping in London, so most of my wardrobe tends to get acquired on holiday :giggle:) and I’ve also bought pieces for Baby Dawn’s spring-summer wardrobe refresh.

We’ve eaten yummy pastries and bought flowers at a corner shop and all the weekend in Paris cliches! It’s always lovely to have a break from real life!

And the weather was so lovely yesterday. Definitely feels like spring is coming :girlsigh:

Pictures! IMG_0469.jpeg

The final update for now is that on Friday I went to Bon Marché to try to find a Dior bag for which I’m on wait list in London.

I saw the bag, I didn’t love it.

And then I just went for a wander around the store; was browsing at Chanel and I saw someone ask for minis—I don’t even ask anymore, as there are never any available, but here they had 4 colours! And one of them was meant to be mine….

My friends may remember my blue Chanel saga…

Finally, finally…

(Pictures to be posted soon! Unintentional suspense, but just running to the Louvre, now that Baby Dawn is satisfied she has seen the waxworks at Musee Grevin… trying to squeeze every bit of fun out of our time :biggrin::blush:)

It’s always so good to get your updates, Miss Dawn :smile:. Congrats on doing an outstanding job at another important conference. I have always loved your photo collage but this one may be my favorite one to date — spectacular! I am so glad you are having a great time in Paris — so perfect to spend V Day weekend in the City of Love. Your new Gucci is a show stopper. But let’s let talk about your new ring :love: — looks absolutely amazing tucked in the red rose. Speaking of roses, Mr Dawn did good :tup: again with that biggest bouquet of pretty roses!! Finally, so happy to hear that Baby Dawn is enjoying these lovely outings with you and Mr Dawn. Nothing better than making these special family memories for years to treasure :smile:.