Date Code & "Made In" Questions

I am trying to list my Coussin on Vinted but they require a serial number. Am I correct that there is no number *inside* the bag? Because I have photographed my bag from every angle I can think of and not seen one. Will they accept a picture of my receipt and what info can I blank out because I don’t want to be putting information for possible forgers on there either. Apologies if there is a more specific area of forum to put this.

All….I ran across a neverfull date code is ar3178 but made in Italy?! AR is France only and not shared with another country …. Has both pochette and neverfull with sane date code and made in Italy stamp in bag…. Is anyone aware of AR being Italy as well as France?

Hello All,
I was gifted a Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull MM in December 2020. The bag was kept in my closet in the dustbag and never used. Today I took it out and I was checking the date code on the leather tab underneath the pocket inside and the date code says: AR422 Am I missing a number? Is this correct date code? Should I be worried? The bag was purchased in the Louis Vuitton Store on 5th Avenue in NYC.
Everything I read on the internet says it must have 4 numbers but mine from what I can see only has 3 numbers after the AR. Any ideas?

Hello All,
I was gifted a Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull MM in December 2020. The bag was kept in my closet in the dustbag and never used. Today I took it out and I was checking the date code on the leather tab underneath the pocket inside and the date code says: AR422 Am I missing a number? Is this correct date code? Should I be worried? The bag was purchased in the Louis Vuitton Store on 5th Avenue in NYC.
Everything I read on the internet says it must have 4 numbers but mine from what I can see only has 3 numbers after the AR. Any ideas?
Sometimes it’s hard to see that last number due to the way it’s stitched under the flap…best case scenario

Hello All,
Never seen this except before 1990. You can take pictures up and look at them to better determine.

Love this bag! It in the side zipped pocket at the top closest to the zipper, it's in the fold so you might have to open it up to see it but it's there! I hope that explanation made sense!
I can't find the tag on the boshphore bag I have. I really don't know if it's real or not, to me it looks real the stitching is good the yellow stitch is where it should be the brown stitching is where it should be. I looked at the heat stamps on the inside and on the back of the bag the letters are spaced good the m in the made in is lower case and the F in France is cap the two T,s in vitton almost touch each other the L in Louis has the short foot to it and the O,s look big and round. Over all the stamps compared to the real stamp to the fake stamp looks like it's althenic. Plus the stitch kinda has a slight slant to it and spaced good where the fakes are just stright across. I'm still not sure bec I found this bag clean out a property

I can't find the tag on the boshphore bag I have. I really don't know if it's real or not, to me it looks real the stitching is good the yellow stitch is where it should be the brown stitching is where it should be. I looked at the heat stamps on the inside and on the back of the bag the letters are spaced good the m in the made in is lower case and the F in France is cap the two T,s in vitton almost touch each other the L in Louis has the short foot to it and the O,s look big and round. Over all the stamps compared to the real stamp to the fake stamp looks like it's althenic. Plus the stitch kinda has a slight slant to it and spaced good where the fakes are just stright across. I'm still not sure bec I found this bag clean out a property
You may want to get it authenticated if you are not sure..l

I've never had a date code issue before!
A friend found what looks like an Olav PM in an apartment they rent out... would a date code of MI3077 be legit?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what year they stopped using the brown fabric made in USA tags inside, ( in this case specifically a mono pochette metis)? But should apply to any lv bag style I’d think? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help : )