Date Code & "Made In" Questions

I'm looking at a Neverfull with a date code tab of FL2221 which indicates the first week of June 2021. However I know that in March 2021 they did away with tabs in favor of chips so how can this bag have a leather code tab?
You're asking for authentication without posting a bag to be authenticated. Authentication requests go in the linked thread, if you can follow the required guidelines. Otherwise, you'll have to find a paid authentication service.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...before-posting.926508/page-2264#post-35361049

Just received my Neonoe. No date code. I freaked and contacted LV concierge service and was told about the switch to microchips on 3/1/21. I'm kind of bummed about the code but happy to know it's now normal not to have one. And I LOVE my bag!❤
You contacted LV about chips and codes before..so I would suggest doing that again if you are concerned. Otherwise, as @jellyv stated. Authentication isn't available on this thread.

Hi, I bought a black empriente bumbag from 2019 preloved. It doesn’t have a date code tag. I know that LV started experimenting with microchips then. But other empriente black bumbags I’ve seen on the pre-loved market have date code tabs. Can you weigh in if you have a empriente bumbag and let me know if yours has a date code tag?

When did they stop doing date codes on the pochette Métis? I just bought a preloved one on eBay in amazing condition and it was authenticated so I know it’s real. But, I don’t see the date code which makes me believe it’s one of the newer ones.

When did they stop doing date codes on the pochette Métis? I just bought a preloved one on eBay in amazing condition and it was authenticated so I know it’s real. But, I don’t see the date code which makes me believe it’s one of the newer ones.
I think it was March 2021 when they started making everything with the microchips instead.

Hello all! I recently purchased a preloved made in France monogram sully mm with a date code of TJ1163. The date code is located on the right side of the interior when facing the two interior pockets. It is not inside the pocket like the majority I have seen for this bag. I have seen a few like this and they all seem to have the TJ date code. Were Sully tags put in different locations depending on factory or year? Other than that, this bag looks and feels completely authentic from my experience with LV for over 20 years. Does anyone else have a Sully with date code not in the pocket? Thank you!

Hello all! I recently purchased a preloved made in France monogram sully mm with a date code of TJ1163. The date code is located on the right side of the interior when facing the two interior pockets. It is not inside the pocket like the majority I have seen for this bag. I have seen a few like this and they all seem to have the TJ date code. Were Sully tags put in different locations depending on factory or year? Other than that, this bag looks and feels completely authentic from my experience with LV for over 20 years. Does anyone else have a Sully with date code not in the pocket? Thank you!

Hi! Wondering if anyone with LV Navona has one with date code that is NOT on the underside of the interior leather tab which says Louis Vuitton?

Were some DE Navona bags made with date code on a small Separate tab sewed on the side interior lining?

Curious, as there doesn't seem to ne a lot online about this bag. Thanks! :smile:

THANK YOU! I just purchased a preloved LV Neverfull Idylle Tote in sepia and looked ALL OVER for the date code! You must lift up the pocket from the right edge and it appears! It is sewn on a leather tag.