Dancing With the Stars

she is way above my age group so i don't really know who she is, but her antics were totally classless. she's not funny at all. i hope she exists soon. is that her real personality or is she just behaving weird for the show??
I have vague memories of her from the 70s - She was kind of big then - she did the sexy outrageous (for the time) latina routine but if memory serves me right she is actually quite an accomplished Spanish classical guitarist.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Her rise to fame came from her classical guitar playing and then somehow changed into a self proclaimed sex-pot hoochie koo. I remember her growing up and she was as annoying then as she is now. How she landed on DWTS is a mystery and I'm sure until she's voted off they will have their hands full.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
How was the show last night? I didn't see any of the dances but heard that Len was being mean. I only saw Charo acting crazy after she got her scores and Chris being eliminated. I dislike Witney but feel bad for Chris, he looked so sad.

How was the show last night? I didn't see any of the dances but heard that Len was being mean. I only saw Charo acting crazy after she got her scores and Chris being eliminated. I dislike Witney but feel bad for Chris, he looked so sad.
Len gave out a lot of low scores and was critical of a lot of the dancers - I thought most were valid if harshly said. But that is just him. I respect him because he's a purest = he knows ballroom dancing and I feel over the years since this show has been on more and more liberties are being taken with routines. There are times when a dance is supposed to be salsa or chacha, and there is hardly any content. One comment struck me in particular was when the former backup dancer for Beyonce broke into hiphop routine (or whatever you call it) for a few minutes in the middle of whatever dance she is supposed to be doing (I forget) but Len said, we all know you can do "that" referring to her breakout but what we want to see you is your dance - implying that's what you're here for. I think she was kind of embarrassed because I gather it was a rather controversial choice given her dance experience for her to be the show.

My favourite is still the football star. I don't know why I can't remember his name. But he is such a natural. He's cute too!!

Reactions: RowanOak
Len gave out a lot of low scores and was critical of a lot of the dancers - I thought most were valid if harshly said. But that is just him. I respect him because he's a purest = he knows ballroom dancing and I feel over the years since this show has been on more and more liberties are being taken with routines. There are times when a dance is supposed to be salsa or chacha, and there is hardly any content. One comment struck me in particular was when the former backup dancer for Beyonce broke into hiphop routine (or whatever you call it) for a few minutes in the middle of whatever dance she is supposed to be doing (I forget) but Len said, we all know you can do "that" referring to her breakout but what we want to see you is your dance - implying that's what you're here for. I think she was kind of embarrassed because I gather it was a rather controversial choice given her dance experience for her to be the show.

My favourite is still the football star. I don't know why I can't remember his name. But he is such a natural. He's cute too!!

Emma's partner? Rashad? Good, I hope they win after all the duds Emma has gotten stuck with in the past.

I was actually glad Chris got the boot after he showed his x-rays. Chris broke his neck and his spine is fused. Mine too ( I didn't break my neck ) only mine are the 3 lower lumbar and I have 2 titanium rods. I understand him feeling better and wanting to do something, just did not want him to re-injure himself. It looks like he has one long rod and a lot of screws in his upper neck.

Reactions: CanuckBagLover

Ok, I just watched the dance on Facebook. You mean the part where the 2 backup dancers came out? Yeah that was stupid. Why wasn't Maks dancing?

I didn't hear Len's comments but I agree that it should be about ballroom dancing and not whatever crap they want to do with a zillion backup dancers. :yucky: This show has not been the same since Conrad Green left. :tdown:

Last edited:
I don't find Len's comments harsh, he does what he's there for, judge them on ballroom dancing.
That's what the show is suppose to be - ballroom dancing.
As the seasons have gone on, there seems to be less of that, and more entertainment.

Charo is way too over the top - and not the greatest dancer. I felt sorry for her partner. Again just another example of how the show has gone downhill. It's suppose to be about dancing not crazy antics.
I hope she goes next week.

Julianne was interviewed by TV guide and said this about Charo:

You sit next to Bruno, which means you are right in the crossfire between him and Charo. Do you fear for your life?
Hough: No, it is definitely a show, for sure. It reminds me of those old time variety shows, where someone would come out with one of those big canes and pull the person off. It reminds me of slapstick variety show humor, so it's pretty funny. Hey, you gotta go along with it. You gotta embrace it and go with the flow with it.

People actually find this funny? :hrmm:

Derek's explanation of the dance he's doing with Julianne tonight:

Tonight Julianne and I perform an extension of our last piece we danced together "Elastic Heart". A Part 2 if you will.
A very personal story that is dedicated to anyone who has gone through something difficult in their lives or is going through something currently. This piece represents closure.
If I could go back in time and tell my younger self in times of heart ache something. I would tell him that "Everything is going to be ok". And that's the message we hope to bring tonight
Everything is going to be ok.
LET GO of the feelings and the meanings that don't serve you.
And HOLD ON to what truly matters. Each other

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSbhh2JlU0G/?taken-by=derekhough

Gee that Derek sure can dance! :heart: So nice to see him on TV again. Turned the show off once his performance was over! :P

Vegas night just seems like an excuse to wear skanky outfits. :rolleyes: Gee, I sound like an old fuddy-duddy. :lol:

Last edited: