Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making The Team

I've only got respect for these ladies. They bust their butts to make it to the top and be a world-renowned Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I think it's good that they still have to have social graces. In the South, these ladies are definitely role models. Some of them even perform on the USO tour in the Middle East for our finest men and women. 'The Belles' as you call them (which I don't think is as derrogatory as you would hope) do have very high standards. This isn't pee-wee cheerleading. It's the elite. The best of the best. I'm sure if they had a reality show for making the Dallas football team it would be a lot more brutal. Just like any other job, if you don't make the cut, see ya next year. What else can I say?

^^^ I don't think anyone can deny that the girls work hard. It is not necessary to share, or even comprehend, their dedication and desire to their goal to perceive its intensity and sincerity.

On the issue of social graces, it is my impression that should the Belles decide that that is a direction toward which they might wish to move their telepersonas, the girls would be a most invaluable resource, and I am sure they would be more than willing to help them. :devil:

The yesterbelles seem to be making a concerted effort to smile and appear more personable this season.

Naturally, I attribute this to production staff lurking here and heeding my complaints about their dour expressions.

I like this show. The ladies that run the program are hard but they have to maintain the DCC reputation apparently. The DCC have world wide recognition. I think they were really popular in the 80's. I dress up as one for Halloween. Okay, was way cuter and skinnier back then.

As a girl, born and raised in Texas, I can tell you that the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are a HUGE deal, not only here, but all throughout the south. They are "the" standard that all the other NFL cheerleading squads measure themselves up to. That is the reason that the two ladies in charge are SO hard on the girls. They have to be in order to maintain their "status". I personally love the show, and have nothing but respect for the girls on the squad. And yes, the ladies in charge look like they just came off the set of Dynasty or Dallas, but hey...it's Texas. What do you want? LOL!

For whoever said that "most" of them have other jobs...actually they all do. It's a requirement that you are either in school full time or that you have a job or something. You cannot 'just' be a cheerleader. As far as what they get paid, I'm not sure what it is these days, but it used to be like $20.00 a game or something. Because being a part of the DCC is not about the money, it's about the tradition of it.

I always wanted to try out, but I can't dance for crap, so I never got to. I missed the third season of this and I hope it comes on again so I can catch it.

I LOVE this show. I always catch reruns but seriously, DH and I sit there the whole time and watch. He's in it for the eye-candy, and I'm just jealous that my body doesn't look like that! I was never a cheerleader, but I was a dancer, so I definitely know how strenuous and brutal it is. I'm sure it's even more so than I really know....

Team DCC! Can't wait to see you girls in a few weeks when DH and I are IN THE SKYBOX SEATS for Cowboys vs Redskins game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoy watching it when I can remember that it is on. Seeing these women work hard and some get their dreams crushed but try again. I enjoy it. I was a cheerleader in high school.

I love this show! I stumbled on it during the first season and have watched it ever since. Kelli is very tough, but it's because she loves DCC and wants to see the team live up to it's reputation. I'm not a Dallas fan, but as a former cheerleader, I totally understand her dedication to the image. She reminds me of one of my high school coaches who was always very hard on the team, but only to make sure we were always the best we could be! I love when she's evaluating the wannabes and says something negative about they're appearance or performance, and the girl says thank you or yes, ma'am! Hilarious! I don't like that strength coach, though. He and his wife were on Wife Swap a while ago.

I couldn't resist...I cheated and looked at the DCC website to see who made the team. I'm a little sad that one particular girl I've liked on the show so far didn't make the cut.

I was surprised at the major attitude Erica (redheaded veteran) gave the directors in the last episode. She was one of my favorites last year. She was practically rolling her eyes at Kelly! :wtf:

I LOVE this show. I always catch reruns but seriously, DH and I sit there the whole time and watch. He's in it for the eye-candy, and I'm just jealous that my body doesn't look like that! I was never a cheerleader, but I was a dancer, so I definitely know how strenuous and brutal it is. I'm sure it's even more so than I really know....

Team DCC! Can't wait to see you girls in a few weeks when DH and I are IN THE SKYBOX SEATS for Cowboys vs Redskins game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To watch the redskins hand dallas their butts I hope!

I love this show I had no clue it was back on. I will def try to watch it!

As a girl, born and raised in Texas, I can tell you that the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are a HUGE deal, not only here, but all throughout the south.

So Christy, since you live in the area, you'll have to keep us posted on any good dish about the girls. If any of them screw up and make the news, let us know! :P Or if Kelli starts dating Jerry Jones, be sure to give us the scoop! ;)