Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making The Team

cheryl, i love this show too. i usually have to catch the reruns but i really like it. especially the auditions episode. hahahahahahaa

**Raises hand** I am!!! This is show is a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm not even a Cowboys fan (sacrilege in my city) but I love this show! I love Kelly.

Every time I watch this show, I feel the sudden urge to work out for 3 hours afterwards. Especially after they do the body fat analysis...ugh...

**Raises hand** I am!!! This is show is a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm not even a Cowboys fan (sacrilege in my city) but I love this show! I love Kelly.

Every time I watch this show, I feel the sudden urge to work out for 3 hours afterwards. Especially after they do the body fat analysis...ugh...

I'm not a football fan at all but I love the cheerleaders and Kelly!

I wish they would show more of the veterans since we've gotten to know a lot of them over the last few seasons.

This season they girls seem a bit of a mess...i don't remember them having such a hard time with dance moves before.

Raises hand here, too! I love the show and have watched it since CMT aired the first one a few years ago.

I see they've taken the spotlight off Judy's daughter this season. They've only shown her a couple of times so far and it's been very brief.

Both Judy and Kelli have many years invested in the DCC as cheerleaders, as coaches and as executives.

I really enjoy the show.

I wish they would show more of the veterans since we've gotten to know a lot of them over the last few seasons.

I completely agree. Last season I looked forward to see Erica (long red hair) and Abigail (blonde) again who were my favorite rookies the season before. We barely saw Erica last season except during one episode when she struggled some. I never saw Abigail on the show but on the DCC website, she was there front & center in the group pic so I know she made the team.

This year I want to see Krystal again who was my favorite last season. So far, I've only seen her in the background.

I guess we'll be seeing the pageant sisters every episode instead. :Push:

I completely agree. Last season I looked forward to see Erica (long red hair) and Abigail (blonde) again who were my favorite rookies the season before. We barely saw Erica last season except during one episode when she struggled some. I never saw Abigail on the show but on the DCC website, she was there front & center in the group pic so I know she made the team.

This year I want to see Krystal again who was my favorite last season. So far, I've only seen her in the background.

I guess we'll be seeing the pageant sisters every episode instead. :Push:

They seriously need to focus on the entire team not just the rookies and make it an hour long episode each time :smile:.

I am not feeling the pageant sisters and one of them was definitely lacking in dancing skills. How the heck are they going to practice and cheer at games when they still want to continue with their pageants...I just don't get it.

Well bye-bye pageant sisters! Hah! In my book, you will not be missed. :nogood:
I can understand why Kelli was so ticked off. However, in the interview sessions, when both of them said they had pageant commitments, Kelli should have known the pageant titles meant more to them than being a DCC did. They took up too spots that two other girls who really had genuine desire could have been.

I had a feeling Rachel wasn't going to make it.

Yeah it was obvious that they didn't take being a DCC as serious as their crowns, otherwise they wouldn't have given those up. They just wanted their 15 min of fame from the show.

There is a surprise next week, something they've never done before....you think they are asking 2 girls to replace the pageant sister? Or just bring back someone the cut previously?

Yeah it was obvious that they didn't take being a DCC as serious as their crowns, otherwise they wouldn't have given those up. They just wanted their 15 min of fame from the show.

There is a surprise next week, something they've never done before....you think they are asking 2 girls to replace the pageant sister? Or just bring back someone the cut previously?
I think you may be right about that. They have only had two legit cuts so far, so bringing back the two that were cut would be like starting from scratch. OR, they could be bringing in from the finals two girls whose scores were high, but not quite high enough to make it to training camp. I don't seem them bringing Rachel back. She was seriously struggling.

I finally caught a couple of episodes of the latest season, and I was really impressed with how much more personable the Belles have become!

Maybe CMT or the Dallas Cowboys got them a Pleasant Coach. Whatever it is, it's working!

They also look much younger than they did the first season, but I suspect that may be because I have gotten older!

The girls, too seem younger, some of them don't even look legal.

They all seem to be very sweet, and for want of a better term, "old fashioned" in a quaint, unsophisticated way, they have a sort of "traditional village girl" air about them, and the intensity of their desire to become Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, and their dedication to that goal, though still completely baffling to me, is strangely moving.

I think it will always be one of those subcultures that I watch documentaries about, but will never truly comprehend, no matter how hard I try, but they are totally fascinating to watch!