Food Cupcakes = My New Obsession

This is my new favorite thread! The cupcakes look so yummy and cute!
Can I give you a teensy bit of advice though? Do you think you could get white/more subtle cupcake wrappers? The pastel-looking cupcakes are so pretty, but the bright red/green/blue wrappers kind of ruin the pretty effect :sad:. Otherwise I'm in LOVE with these cupcakes! Post more soon!

Thanks so much to everyone for their kind comments. :flowers:

oscarcat729 - I totally agree with you about the coloured cupcake papers. I was only using them as I had a heap in stock and needed to use them up first, which I've done now. All cupcakes in future will be in plain white cases, to better show off the cupcakes themselves. Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate the feedback. ;)

Oh Teen, what can I say but your cupcakes are getting better and better. I love the look of the embossed fondant. Did you get one of those embossing pins/rolling pins I mentioned ages ago?

Thanks for all of the kind words and compliments on my cupcakes. :winkiss: I really appreciate getting feedback and suggestions, so please keep them coming.

Sad news for Ken (aka my Kenwood Chef Mixer). He's been misbehaving lately, squeaking and wobbling when mixing on medium speed. So rather than invest more money in having him serviced, cleaned and refurbished I'm selling him off to a good home and putting the money towards a replacement. But not just any old mixer. This time I'm going all out!! Meet my ruby red KAM (aka my KitchenAid Artisan Mixer) in the gorgeous gloss cinnamon.

kitchenaidglosscinnamon-1.jpg

This time next week I'll be up to my ears in powdered sugar and I can't wait!! :party: