Food Cupcakes = My New Obsession

imashopaholic

when in doubt, shop!
May 9, 2008
I've always loved to cook and create delicious looking and, more importantly, tasty treats in the kitchen but only recently decided to go pro. I've just started up a little home-based biz called Cupquakes, offering cupcakes that will 'rock your world'.

I'll be posting my cuppy creations as they come out of the kitchen but for now I wanted to share my range of 'classic' cupcakes. I made these in the mini size for an order I had recently.

june12.jpg

The flavours are:
Shake, Rattle & Crumble (my signature cupcake)
Vanilla Bean There, Done That
Don't Get Mud, Get Even
Fashion Is My Passionfruit
I'm Coconuts About You
I've Been Berry Good
Hold On, It's A Rocky Road
Let's Go Bananas!

minicupcakes.jpg

I'm expecting a huge box of cupcakery goodies (including a Kenwood Chef mixer) to arrive in the next few days, and am planning a 'couture' cupcake collection so be sure to check back to take a look and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy!! :smile:

Thanks for the sweet comments ladies. I've had really good feedback from my taste-testers (neighbours/family) and without even formally advertising yet I've got 2 weddings and 2 birthdays booked, and an order for 6 dozen mini cupcakes for July 1st. Woot!

Mr Wood... Ken Wood (aka my new mixer) should arrive today and I've an order for embossers, sugar paste, cutters, moulds, veiners, petal & lustre dust, brushes, piping bags, tips, the list goes on, coming before the weekend so I'm planning on really throwing myself into it when everything's arrived. My poor DH... our unit and all available storage space has been taken over by cupcakery goodies, and it's all I can think/talk about. But he's a winner in all this. Free cuppies for life and (given this is my new obsession) I'm no longer focused on the latest, greatest designer goodies. What I've spent getting my business off the ground I'd have spent on just one LV wallet so he's certainly not complaining and our bank balance is looking much healthier as a result.

This weekend I'll be attempting white and dark chocolate mud cupcakes topped with rolled embossed fondant and hand-made sugar flowers. Will post pics as soon as I'm done.

Thanks again for all the kind words of support. :winkiss: