Credit Card Preferences

Which credit card do you use?

• American Express

• Visa

• Mastercard

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to agree with the fact that Visa is more versatile than AMEX. When I was abroad, my friend couldn't use her Amex and so I had to pay for her (though it turned out that they should've accepted it...Amex wasn't happy). Overall, Visa doesn't give me any hassles. However, I have to say that Amex has the most amazing customer service!

i have two CC's, a Visa and an AmEx, and i usually use the Visa for everday stuff and the AmEx if i'm going to purchase something large or something without a guarantee (for a PFer, god forbid anything should go wrong, or off of ebay). AmEx has a 90-day return policy on everything, whether or not the place you buy it wants to let you return it, and they're also very good about refunding you.

The only card I use is Amex. It is a charge card, not credit card. Amex is also great if you have to do a chargeback, which if you buy off of ebay a lot, then it comes in very handy. I would never have another card.

I have an Amex (a charge card) in US dollars that I mainly use if travelling or to purchase items online (eBay, off eBay, etc). I also have another Amex (this time a credit card) in my local currency that I use only for emergencies. And then I have my Visa which is also in my local currency. I use my Visa for daily needs, like groceries, paying phone bills, internet, etc.

livinluxuriously_Lila said:
I have AMEX and its the only cc that I will ever use. I love the extra services that the centurion card offers.:biggrin:

I have AMEX and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a centurion card :nuts:.

On another note, I was at PetSmart yesterday taking my dogs for their shots, and the vet at PetSmart doesn't accept AMEX. :weird: Had to use my Visa.

I have a credit card for different stores depending on the rewards or points given. I normally use my Visa on everything but my Citibank MC on gas and drugstrore.

drtng said:
I have AMEX and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a centurion card :nuts:.

On another note, I was at PetSmart yesterday taking my dogs for their shots, and the vet at PetSmart doesn't accept AMEX. :weird: Had to use my Visa.
lol, the only reason I have the centurion is because of my parents. There's times where I have tried to use it and the SA's are like what cc is this, we have never seen one, haha. I :love: the fact that with one call to concierge you can get a store to close down, and shop in private. :biggrin:

livinluxuriously_Lila said:
lol, the only reason I have the centurion is because of my parents. There's times where I have tried to use it and the SA's are like what cc is this, we have never seen one, haha. I :love: the fact that with one call to concierge you can get a store to close down, and shop in private. :biggrin:

i JUST got my cc with concierge service, not that i ever, ever plan on using it. but it's my drop dead amazing, hello kitty card, and i adore it.

I have a Discover, Mastercard and Amex. I prefer Discover just because it was my first card. (The reasoning behind getting it is that since it's not accepted everywhere, I would shop less.... That trick didn't work! :biggrin:)

I looove my AMEX, so some stores don't take it (because the rate is higher than for other cards) but if people mess up, they fix it fast for you ! I've always had very good exchange rates on currencies with it as well. And I have one without an annual fee, so bonus ! :biggrin: