Credit Card Preferences

Which credit card do you use?

• American Express

• Visa

• Mastercard

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
:PHey I have one of those cards that closes down stores so you can shop all by yourself and no one else can see what you buy!! Someone else has one too hmmmm I was just reading about her this morning. Got a really good laugh out of it too! :biggrin:

J/K I use Citibank for everything. Been with them for years and they treat me really good.

I've got 2 Visa cards, they're accepted everywhere where credit cards can be used as a method of payment... I don't really recall ever having a Visa card being knocked back

As much as I spend, I am a sucker for credit cards that gives cash back. I have Visa, MC, and Amex. The Amex is pretty limited giving not every merchant accepts it, but it comes in handy at Neiman Marcus. The great thing about it is that all my cards have some type of rewards attached to it.

My advice to all financially responsible individuals: Get a credit card when you are in college. It is so much easier to get a credit card as a college student. Quite frankly, there is nothing like having established credit after graduation and able to get your first apartment or lease a car without needing to depend on a co-signer.

I have my credit/debit card thru my bank, a visa, and then a Capitol One, which I love. I get airmiles for the Cap. One card, and visaextras.com gives me points for my bank card every time I use it :smile:

My mom has everything and she switched um up for the points...she gets cash back for gas on DC, points on her visa like me, air miles, more points on another card, so on and so forth, so, whatever you go with, I think you will be happy with :smile: GL!!

I admit...I love my American Express card. But I also have a Visa for places that don't take it. I can use my Amex at Costco and to get gas there. And I get a check every year for a percentage of my purchases. It's great!

But I also love my Visa. I get United Airline miles. Having two cards is nice because it gives you options.

I think it's super important to pay them off every month and work my tail off to get them paid every single month.

I currently have a Visa card, but I don't have any rewards program for it as it's through a bank. I have no complaints, nothing exceptional to mention either :amuse: Just today I found out they increased my card limit again (I only use my card for big purchases... like plane tickets or purses... and then immediately pay them off). I think that once I graduate college I might sign up for another card, but one with a rewards program.

Archipelago said:
I'm signing up for my own credit card soon and I have no idea what to get. I plan on paying off my credit card in full every month. It's mainly going to be used for making big purchases like handbags. It feels weird for me to pay for my bags in cash because I don't like carrying around so much. What do you ladies recommend?

If you really intend to pay it in full..get the amex. because you will have to pay it in full. if you get the visa you'll be tempted to charge and just pay the minimum. to get into credit card debt to buy bags is just nuts. IMO