Colored gemstones....underrated and who loves them?

I agree with you! Tanzanite is such a beautiful stone. I've wanted a diamond and tanzanite pendant forever.

I think the next gemstone I'll acquire will be a ruby and diamond eternity or three-stone ring. We've looked around a little bit so hopefully for Christmas I'll get it.

I'd also love to have a beautiful amethyst pendant.

I bought this one for my b-day and LOVE it. Tanzanite is such a pretty stone. Have you ever seen it paired with diamonds and the australian opal?

Attachments

• 4mm tanzanite 2mm diamonds 14kt yg.jpg
    4mm tanzanite 2mm diamonds 14kt yg.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 108
I bought this one for my b-day and LOVE it. Tanzanite is such a pretty stone. Have you ever seen it paired with diamonds and the australian opal?
WOW! That's beautiful! You are very, very lucky!

I've only seen tanzanite set by itself or with diamonds. I'm not sure what an Australian opal is, but if it's similar to the opals I am familiar with I imagine the combination would be stunning. I bet the sheen of the tanzanite would be reflected in the opal.

Thanks for sharing your lovely picture.:yes:

WOW! That's beautiful! You are very, very lucky!

I've only seen tanzanite set by itself or with diamonds. I'm not sure what an Australian opal is, but if it's similar to the opals I am familiar with I imagine the combination would be stunning. I bet the sheen of the tanzanite would be reflected in the opal.

Thanks for sharing your lovely picture.:yes:

Awww....Thank-You!! There is the regular white opal, and their is the australian opal which has the greens and blues. This is just a pic I found online to show you. If your thinking of getting a tanzanite piece, I would highly recommend this combo as I think they look stunning together!

Attachments

• 4602_12.JPG
    4602_12.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 94
Awww....Thank-You!! There is the regular white opal, and their is the australian opal which has the greens and blues. This is just a pic I found online to show you. If your thinking of getting a tanzanite piece, I would highly recommend this combo as I think they look stunning together!

Isn't that pretty!!!!! Thanks for the pic. I've definitely never seen an Australian opal now that I've looked at your photo. And I agree....tanzanite and Australian opals are an excellent combination. I'm going to keep my eyes open. I almost never see tanzanite in the jewelry stores in this area.

I love all gems, color or clear!

agreed. i particularly love rubys(who can be more expensive then a D color diamond btw) and emeralds. but i also have a fantastic ring with an emerald cut rutilated quartz in a diamond setting that i love or huge rock crsytal bracelets etc.
to answer the original question . i think the diamond beeing marketed as the best, the most rare the most precious etc had a huge influence in today popularity as most people want a piece of that cake. but this beeing said i still love diamonds the most (fancy ones especially) due to their optical properties that fire just captivates me

I too love diamonds for everyday wear....because of its clear color, it goes with every outfit and the sparkle is just wonderful...

But Ive come to love Emeralds just as much.....they have this intense color that soothes me...

I collect colored gems for their healing qualities, a legend but I really do think that it holds certain energies that can help...I wear different ones for particular feeling I get that day....it really helps me to feel better....

i love colored stones too... my second engagement ring (i up graded the ring, but kept my man) was a sapphire ring. i love peridot, sapphires of a colors, and citrine. ohh, and blue topaz. actually, i'm a fan of all gems... i don't discriminate.

I love diamonds, but I'm also a fan of garnets, blue topaz, and peridot. The thing that turns me away from emeralds and rubies are that sometimes they look cloudy to me.

I love diamonds, but I'm also a fan of garnets, blue topaz, and peridot. The thing that turns me away from emeralds and rubies are that sometimes they look cloudy to me.
I think that a lot of times the cut and quality of the stone makes an emerald or ruby seem cloudy or dull. I was looking at rubies a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe the difference in color when they were side by side. One was sort of pinkish and the other was a deep, deep red. The pinkish one was hazy. I preferred the clear deep red one, but it was completely unaffordable.

I have a beautiful emerald and diamond ring...the prettiest, clearest emerald I have ever seen, but emeralds are so soft so I'm afraid to wear it much.