Collection Evolution

I know what you mean. When I first started, I wanted different bags and accessories from EVERY different line of LV. So, then I had all this stuff and never used it!

I sold off all the stuff I didn't use because it just killed me to have spent that money and it just sits in my closet. Now, I have just a few accessories that I use everyday and 4 bags that I really do use. Now I'm much happier because when I look at my collection, I actually use all the stuff I've got.

Of course, that works until I find a new thing to obsess about...then I go overboard!! LOL! (like the alma's)

I know what you mean. When I first started, I wanted different bags and accessories from EVERY different line of LV. So, then I had all this stuff and never used it!

I sold off all the stuff I didn't use because it just killed me to have spent that money and it just sits in my closet. Now, I have just a few accessories that I use everyday and 4 bags that I really do use. Now I'm much happier because when I look at my collection, I actually use all the stuff I've got.

Of course, that works until I find a new thing to obsess about...then I go overboard!! LOL! (like the alma's)

Hey Traci, what bags do you have left? I saw your white mc trouville in the trouville club and fell in love with the colors....you mentioned in one of my recent posts that you use to have it...do you ever miss it? Do you rotate your bags a lot? I'd do that if I had enough...I'm down to 3 bags...so sad! :crybaby:

Hey Traci, what bags do you have left? I saw your white mc trouville in the trouville club and fell in love with the colors....you mentioned in one of my recent posts that you use to have it...do you ever miss it? Do you rotate your bags a lot? I'd do that if I had enough...I'm down to 3 bags...so sad! :crybaby:

LOL!! I'm like such a nut, that I'm not even sure what bags I do have!!! :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

No, okay, I've got now....Manhattan PM, Mono Alma, Damier Saleya PM, and Epi Ivoire Alma for bags. I sold the White MC Trouville. I thought I would miss it, but after getting that Ivoire Alma....I gotta say, that bag is so awesome in person that I loved it much more than the trouville (but that's just me).

hehe ya, I get what you mean and sometimes I'm also drawn toward LE pieces, but only a FEW. The new olympe bags, dentelles, patchwork...etc do nothing for me. However, I do like the multicolored button bags lol and le corsaire, but I can't afford them at the moment, so I'll just drool after others.
All in all, I'm still getting my basics and I think it's better to have a well rounded collection first as a 'base' before wandering off toward the LE bags :yes: (eg. you start out by smoking cheapy cigarettes in your youth, and then later you get to enjoy those nice Monte Cristo cigars lol. Or other examples include education, wine, cooking, music, fine arts...etc)

OMG, i know exactly how you feel! First taste of LE was mirior and after that.....it's no turning back! lol, but I try to find true LE pieces that appears to me only, glad Dentelle is not my cup of tea, but Olympe is a killer for my piggy bank! :biggrin::

Anyone else experience this....I started out with some basics...great everyday bags. I gfind myself drooling more and more over the super limited pieces.
The Dentelle speedy is my most expensive piece so far (my MC speedy was bought used)...but I find myself lusting after things like the Stephen.
I can't justify having my current collection + buying these bags....so I often contemplating downgrading my collection to have a couple of these bags.

Anyone else feel this way? Have you done this (smaller collection with more 'high-end' pieces)?

Twiggers, I was in your shoes a few months ago.:graucho:

I went from this --> after.jpg :nuts: to this --> Updated LV collection.jpg :shocked:

I didn't just want to have things for the sake of having them, KWIM? Plus, money tree refused to bloom!:nuts::lol: But seriously, as soon as you let go of the first few pieces and get the ones you really want, you won't even care about the ones that are gone.

I'm still pretty new to LV that the basic mono is very exciting for me, lol. I got my first LV in Nov. of '06.

To answer twig's question though, I would go for it, the LE items obviously excite you more and your bags should be something that you derive joy from. I could understand the conflict though of not wanting to downsize your collection, but it's like trading up. I'm not one for quantity but quality so I think having just a few really exquisite bags is quite sensible, than lots of bags that may not necessarily get used.

Twiggers, I was in your shoes a few months ago.:graucho:

I went from this --> View attachment 163562 :nuts: to this --> View attachment 163564 :shocked:

I didn't just want to have things for the sake of having them, KWIM? Plus, money tree refused to bloom!:nuts::lol: But seriously, as soon as you let go of the first few pieces and get the ones you really want, you won't even care about the ones that are gone.

I thought of you when I read this thread. It makes perfect sense to do what you did. There is one bag that I noticed is not in that collection photo, your denim w/ the red croc/aligator trim, I love that bag in the visuals thread.

:yes: I know exactly how you feel - it's happening to me. I can't sell any though because I've already downsized my collection and still don't use them all, but the ones I've got are staying!
Not necessarily LE with me though, just more expensive! I'm waiting for a blue suhali l'aimable (the store said they could find me one but I haven't heard yet), I received silver dentelle speedy today in the post but I'm returning it - it's beautiful but just a bit too big for me. I'm lusting after street pm - don't know how much chance I have there. Plus others, too many swimming about in my head!
Need those winning numbers! :P