Coca's bayswater

I follow this thread everyday because I love all of your thoughts.
I have been torn between the original bayswater and the new one since the new one was out.
I still couldn't make any decision so I asked my boys. The oldest boy in his late 40s preferred the original style and said "It's very British!" The other two boys, 6yds and 9yds, liked the new style more because of its wings. I guess the wings must draw a certain group of young customers. I myself love the elegance of the original style but prefer the leather of the new one. I wish they could offer the new leather finishing with the original style. Then it would be a dream come true.:angel:

Reactions: shoesshoeshoes
please do respect others' as well because I know there are people out there, including myself adore the new styles. We want to encourage people and congratulate their new choices, not giving too much negative vibe in this forum.
Do you use your new bag daily?
If so, how is it wearing?

Because stating that "the new styles speak to a larger group of people" rather disrespects those thousands whose classics are holding up to years of use beautifully, imo.

But, I have no interest in arguments, either. We just disagree.

Do you use your new bag daily?
If so, how is it wearing?

Because stating that "the new styles speak to a larger group of people" rather disrespects those thousands whose classics are holding up to years of use beautifully, imo.

But, I have no interest in arguments, either. We just disagree.
I typed a reply but deleted it because it will just carry on the discussion and i prefer not to do so. And yes, I think we can agree that we disagree on this basis.

I follow this thread everyday because I love all of your thoughts.
I have been torn between the original bayswater and the new one since the new one was out.
I still couldn't make any decision so I asked my boys. The oldest boy in his late 40s preferred the original style and said "It's very British!" The other two boys, 6yds and 9yds, liked the new style more because of its wings. I guess the wings must draw a certain group of young customers. I myself love the elegance of the original style but prefer the leather of the new one. I wish they could offer the new leather finishing with the original style. Then it would be a dream come true.:angel:
I think when in doubt, just go to the store and have a play with the bags. Certainly helped me forming my opinion about the new styles

Reactions: oliviamaurice
I think when in doubt, just go to the store and have a play with the bags. Certainly helped me forming my opinion about the new styles
Since one bag/leather is new and one is not its a moot point in any case. I agree the tone of these posts is negative and seems to imply the new leather will fall short in quality. I fail to see the point in repeatedly posting such messages if they aren't based on experience. My new bag of 6 months is wearing very well and I've used it a lot.

Reactions: shoesshoeshoes
Thank you.:yes::yes::yes: I would do the same thing when in doubt. After I went to the shop and tried both styles, it just became harder to make a decision. Even the saleslady who knew me and my style for years was not able to help me decide this time. She thought both of them suited me. hahaha:giggle:...but I can't get two similar bags at the same time. I could be murdered by my guilty. :giggle::blush:

I feel like theres been enough debates about this in this thread already and I will not add anymore, or sit here and argue with anyone. I gave my 2 cents above and I'll stop there. In the end of the day and like I said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is ok to have an opinion but please do respect others' as well because I know there are people out there, including myself adore the new styles. We want to encourage people and congratulate their new choices, not giving too much negative vibe in this forum.
Shoe shoes shoes I thought you made some really good points. They do need to diversify and attract new customers/clientele. I would love it if they kept some of the older styles (bays, lily) as a continuing classic range and kept on bringing out new colours in those as well. It saddens me that they plan on phasing out the classic bags and I see no reason why they can't keep both. But then I am not their financial advisor!
I am actually liking some of the new styles like the bucket bag and the cute little darley. What puts me off more than anything else is the really high prices of mulberry (and all designer bags) now. They are just exorbitant! My newest bays -black classic grain- has doubled in price from when I started buying 5 years' ago. My salary certainly hasn't doubled in that time. Even with increments and progression! That is the major hindrance for me but as the bags are good quality I can still happily enjoy carrying my oldies.

What are your favourites?

Thank you.:yes::yes::yes: I would do the same thing when in doubt. After I went to the shop and tried both styles, it just became harder to make a decision. Even the saleslady who knew me and my style for years was not able to help me decide this time. She thought both of them suited me. hahaha:giggle:...but I can't get two similar bags at the same time. I could be murdered by my guilty. :giggle::blush:
Haha I am totally the same! Pick it out of a hat? haha :biggrin:
I think if I were to stuck deciding between the style and leather, I'd go for the style, so in your case the old bays.
Shoe shoes shoes I thought you made some really good points. They do need to diversify and attract new customers/clientele. I would love it if they kept some of the older styles (bays, lily) as a continuing classic range and kept on bringing out new colours in those as well. It saddens me that they plan on phasing out the classic bags and I see no reason why they can't keep both. But then I am not their financial advisor!
I am actually liking some of the new styles like the bucket bag and the cute little darley. What puts me off more than anything else is the really high prices of mulberry (and all designer bags) now. They are just exorbitant! My newest bays -black classic grain- has doubled in price from when I started buying 5 years' ago. My salary certainly hasn't doubled in that time. Even with increments and progression! That is the major hindrance for me but as the bags are good quality I can still happily enjoy carrying my oldies.

Oh gosh tell me about it. I still remember those were the days when bays were £695, which is why I don't really buy full price now. I always wait for Harrods 10% off. I have the buckle bag and new zip on my wishlist now. Used to like the new small bays too but after seeing the new zip, I changed my mind. I also like the regular lily but don't know if I'll get it soon. The price's gone up quite a lot and I have so many things on my wish list :sad:

I am in full agreement with you. I love my new bayswater and in fact I now have two - but that happened because my SA called me before the price increase to notify me and therefore I took the plunge. But what concerns me, and not just with Mulberry, is the insane price of handbags at this time. My Lily is approx $500 more now than when I purchased it (I'm Canadian). When I look at other brands, it is the same thing- inflated prices. I love the Bays because it is a workhorse bag. I don't think I will purchase another bag for years to come.

Haha I am totally the same! Pick it out of a hat? haha :biggrin:
I think if I were to stuck deciding between the style and leather, I'd go for the style, so in your case the old bays.

Oh gosh tell me about it. I still remember those were the days when bays were £695, which is why I don't really buy full price now. I always wait for Harrods 10% off. I have the buckle bag and new zip on my wishlist now. Used to like the new small bays too but after seeing the new zip, I changed my mind. I also like the regular lily but don't know if I'll get it soon. The price's gone up quite a lot and I have so many things on my wish list :sad:
Yup the prices are a real issue. I have a lot of bags so don't feel justified in getting more which are so expensive.
For my bday/Christmas present I considered getting a tessie tote in oxblood. However I decided to go for the MK Emry tote in plum. Was a really good price on Jules B. I felt it hard to buy a tessie for what I used to pay for a bays.
Planning one last mulberry though. Regular black lily with nickel to give my 5 year old black lily with gold a bit of a rest. I worry they will phase out the lily soon.

Yup the prices are a real issue. I have a lot of bags so don't feel justified in getting more which are so expensive.
For my bday/Christmas present I considered getting a tessie tote in oxblood. However I decided to go for the MK Emry tote in plum. Was a really good price on Jules B. I felt it hard to buy a tessie for what I used to pay for a bays.
Planning one last mulberry though. Regular black lily with nickel to give my 5 year old black lily with gold a bit of a rest. I worry they will phase out the lily soon.
I think I have a confession to make. I was so tempted to get the Abbey bucket bag but the other day I went to Liberty and saw the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag and immediately felt in love. I've always wanted a bucket bag but because MG gets scratched easily, I decided not to. But now they have a new leather, smooth calf, which doesn't get scratched easily. Plus the price is extremely reasonable. At first I thought i'd get the Abbey with the 10% off at Harrods at the end of this month but the SAs there told me it's been cancelled. So I decided there and then to buy the MG bucket bag. It's already wrapped and ready for christmas :rolleyes: So no Mulberry for me this Christmas.

Reactions: Louliu71
I think I have a confession to make. I was so tempted to get the Abbey bucket bag but the other day I went to Liberty and saw the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag and immediately felt in love. I've always wanted a bucket bag but because MG gets scratched easily, I decided not to. But now they have a new leather, smooth calf, which doesn't get scratched easily. Plus the price is extremely reasonable. At first I thought i'd get the Abbey with the 10% off at Harrods at the end of this month but the SAs there told me it's been cancelled. So I decided there and then to buy the MG bucket bag. It's already wrapped and ready for christmas :rolleyes: So no Mulberry for me this Christmas.
I am not surprised. The MG bucket bag looks lush and is a better price point. I like boxey totes so fell in love with their sun tote but alas they style is too pricey. What colour did you get in the bucket bag?

I am not surprised. The MG bucket bag looks lush and is a better price point. I like boxey totes so fell in love with their sun tote but alas they style is too pricey. What colour did you get in the bucket bag?
I got a mini bucket in Moss. I've posted a photo on MG's forum here: http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/...d-chat-about-your-buckets-here.904741/page-72 (sorry for hijacking the thread)

And yeah apart from the buckets, other styles are pretty expensive as well. I love the lady bag but with that money i'd rather get a new bays

Last edited: