Coach Returns Policy

Hi Everyone -

I searched the forum, but couldn't find an answer so I thought I would post here. I have a beautiful whiskey Madison hobo that I purchased on sale last year. I have never used it, and since then have adopted a vegan lifestyle. Because of my lifestyle choice, I am selling all of my leather bags.(Yes, it is painful!) I was curious if you know if Coach would allow me to return the bag? I don't necessarily need to get my money back; I would be happy with a credit to purchase some sunnies or something non-leather. Do you know if Coach has a lenient return policy that I could ask them? Sorry, I could probably go in and ask, but I'm really shy and don't want to walk in and be embarrassed.

Thank you!

M

I just searched for "Coach return policy" at the main Coach forum and got 491 results. I think you need to search again. The subject has been discussed MANY times here. In fact there's at least one other discussion halfway down the Coach Shopping forum Index page, dated August 28.

Most of the first two pages of results cover the last 12 months, during and after the latest change in Coach's return polcy.

Always search the MAIN forum, and double check your spelling.

Last edited:
I just searched for "Coach return policy" at the main Coach forum and got 491 results. I think you need to search again. The subject has been discussed MANY times here. In fact there's at least one other discussion halfway down the Coach Shopping forum Index page, dated August 28.

Most of the first two pages of results cover the last 12 months, during and after the latest change in Coach's return polcy.

Always search the MAIN forum, and double check your spelling.

Thank you, Hyacinth! I took your suggestion and found a ton of posts. I must have done something wrong the first time!

I'm bumping this thread because I have a question on the new return policy. I took advantage of the fact that they now accept FOS returns at the FP store, and took a bag back that I had ordered on 9/13. It is now 9/26 (ok, early morning of 9/27) and there is still no credit to my account.
I called Coach CS (the main 800-number) during the day on 9/26 and they said they would look into it, note it in my file, call me back with an answer, etc. But the SA at the FP store I returned it to said it would take about 5-7 business days to see the credit come through. It has now been longer than that, so I'm getting concerned.

Anyone have a situation like this in the past? Any advice, beyond just waiting for CS? They said they would check with the store, but now I'm wondering if I should call the store too. All I have is my invoice with a store stamp on it, showing R: date of return and S: date sent (I think?).

I'm bumping this thread because I have a question on the new return policy. I took advantage of the fact that they now accept FOS returns at the FP store, and took a bag back that I had ordered on 9/13. It is now 9/26 (ok, early morning of 9/27) and there is still no credit to my account.
I called Coach CS (the main 800-number) during the day on 9/26 and they said they would look into it, note it in my file, call me back with an answer, etc. But the SA at the FP store I returned it to said it would take about 5-7 business days to see the credit come through. It has now been longer than that, so I'm getting concerned.

Anyone have a situation like this in the past? Any advice, beyond just waiting for CS? They said they would check with the store, but now I'm wondering if I should call the store too. All I have is my invoice with a store stamp on it, showing R: date of return and S: date sent (I think?).
So they didn't process the return at the store and give you a credit card receipt?? How weird. Maybe you should contact the store and your credit card company. Good luck to you.

So they didn't process the return at the store and give you a credit card receipt?? How weird. Maybe you should contact the store and your credit card company. Good luck to you.
No, both the store and CS (at the 800-number) said they can't process the returns right away. They have to mail the bag back to Jacksonville or wherever from the store, and then credit my account when Jacksonville receives it? So all I have is an invoice with a stamp on it.

I just wanted to check here if it's normal to have to wait this long, or if I should call my cc company/CS again.

No, both the store and CS (at the 800-number) said they can't process the returns right away. They have to mail the bag back to Jacksonville or wherever from the store, and then credit my account when Jacksonville receives it? So all I have is an invoice with a stamp on it.

I just wanted to check here if it's normal to have to wait this long, or if I should call my cc company/CS again.
Maybe you should dispute the charges with your cc company. In the last month I returned an FOS item but it was to outlet. It was paid with my check card and it went through within 1-2 days. I am not sure why the outlet store would be any different than the FP stores. If they have to send it back...that is there issue IMO. You should receive your credit when you turn it over to the. Did you have to sign anything at all?

The only FOS returns that a store can't process are those that were paid with PayPal. Otherwise, the store lied to you. All Coach stores are able to process CC FOS purchases at the store (as long as you have the card with you).

Looks to me like they didn't want "to take the hit" on their numbers for the day.

I returned a FOS item to a FP store a few months ago and they said they just ship it back to JAX free or charge, but the return isn't processed until JAX receives it. I did not receive any type of receipt or even a stamp on my invoice, but the SA offered to email the tracking number to me once it shipped. Sorry, I can't remember how long it took to receive the refund but it did take some time.

I returned an FOS item to an outlet a long time ago and it was sent back to JAX before I could get my credit. It was when they changed the return policy from unlimited to 60 days, and in the last week or so before the change my outlet said they had to send stuff back.

Anyway, my credit took about a month and many phone calls! Turned out it got delivered to the wrong department and had stalled.

I hope that is not the case for you but definitely recommend calling back until you get resolution. Good luck!

I returned an FOS item to an outlet a long time ago and it was sent back to JAX before I could get my credit. It was when they changed the return policy from unlimited to 60 days, and in the last week or so before the change my outlet said they had to send stuff back.

Anyway, my credit took about a month and many phone calls! Turned out it got delivered to the wrong department and had stalled.

I hope that is not the case for you but definitely recommend calling back until you get resolution. Good luck!

Thanks! I called again and the person said that I should see a credit by the end of this week. She did say that the store didn't follow procedure, and that I should have received a tracking number at the very least. Apparently the store was within its rights to send the bag back, but she also said that they 'could have' done an instant refund.

But since I don't have a tracking number, they can't tell me where the bag is, obviously. Fingers crossed that it didn't go to the wrong department like yours did! UGH, I may be heading to an outlet store in the next week or so... would've been quicker just to wait and take it back myself, but I never thought it would take ~3 weeks (or a month, in your case) for a refund!

Maybe you should dispute the charges with your cc company. In the last month I returned an FOS item but it was to outlet. It was paid with my check card and it went through within 1-2 days. I am not sure why the outlet store would be any different than the FP stores. If they have to send it back...that is there issue IMO. You should receive your credit when you turn it over to the. Did you have to sign anything at all?
I may have signed a little slip of receipt paper, but now I don't recall, now that you ask. I remember the SA stapled a register receipt to the original invoice, and gave me a copy of it, which is stamped with the store name/number/address, and the SA signed it (chicken scratch, so I can't read it), along with the return/sent dates.
I called CS again, and if I don't have a credit in my account by end of week I will call my CC to see what I can do.

The only FOS returns that a store can't process are those that were paid with PayPal. Otherwise, the store lied to you. All Coach stores are able to process CC FOS purchases at the store (as long as you have the card with you).
Looks to me like they didn't want "to take the hit" on their numbers for the day.
Yep, I had my CC and the original invoice. The CS rep on the phone said that they should have been able to refund me, but then again, she kept getting confused on whether it was an outlet or a FP store... even though I said 3x that it was an FOS purchase being returned to a FP store.... sigh.

I returned a FOS item to a FP store a few months ago and they said they just ship it back to JAX free or charge, but the return isn't processed until JAX receives it. I did not receive any type of receipt or even a stamp on my invoice, but the SA offered to email the tracking number to me once it shipped. Sorry, I can't remember how long it took to receive the refund but it did take some time.
See, I never got a tracking number! The CS rep said that they should have given me one if they were sending it back, at the very least. Oh well.... I'll just wait till the end of week as suggested and call again... or call my CC?

Thanks for your advice... not sure why I thought Coach would be consistent in the application of a policy :smile:

I'm sorry you are going through this runaround.
This happened to me as well and any time a FP store offers to ship your FOS item back to Jax as if they are doing you a favor it's not true - as of yet at least. The assistant manager at my FP store lied and said it was because they couldn't pull up the sale on their computer because it was an outlet item. The CS for FOS said it was a new policy, also not true. Keep in mind there are 2 CS numbers, one for FOS and another for Coach. When I called CS for Coach (1-888-262-6224), she called my FP store, and since the bag hadn't shipped out yet, made sure I'd get the return processed in-store with only 2-3 day wait time at most for weekends - all I had to do was call the lying SA with my original credit card number. Miraculously she was able to pull up the sale on her computer this time, process the return and email me a copy of the transaction receipt. If the bag had shipped, I would have had to wait til it reached Jax but the CS would have made sure that store would be dinged for a complaint and mis-information.

It's so true. It was also why I didn't take my FOS return to my favorite SA's store who basically told me the same thing.