Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

It looks very nice. Curious how you feel about the Saphir leather balm?

Thanks! I used Chamberlain's for overall conditioning and once Saphir arrived, I applied multiple coats to the dry patches and dry corners. It did a great job on those areas where the Chamberlain's wasn't delivering. It has a lingering smell that I got used to. It was a step up from Chamberlain's in those areas, but I think once I finally get my hands on CPR, I can compare properly. I'd probably end up matching your ranking of them.

I rehabbed my daypack over the long weekend! The interior was filthy & it had the worst cigarette smell ever. I did 2 extra vinegar baths after my regular dunk as suggested to me by @houseof999 a while back & Im happy to report the smell is gone :yahoo: . The corners had fading, I used a tiny dab of black resolene to fix them. 4 coats of CPR & 1 of Renapur :smile:
Before:
View attachment 5047113View attachment 5047114View attachment 5047115View attachment 5047116

After:
View attachment 5047117View attachment 5047118View attachment 5047119View attachment 5047120View attachment 5047123View attachment 5047124

WOW! really beautiful! @Coachaddict4020 !!

I wandered all around Winners & Homesense on my break & didn’t find any CPR :sad:

While I was in the area, I stopped at Walmart & found this in the auto section. Has anyone tried it? It’s the same bottle design as CPR, almost same amount at 532 ml & looks like the same whitish stuff inside. For $9 I figured it was worth checking out. Instructions are the same as well. Will compare it to CPR later this evening:

View attachment 5047801

I still have a stash of CPR but I believe they ship to Canada because the choice is given on their website to select country. There is a value 3 pack at 36,95$US. I emailed them to ask if they ship to Canada just for confirmation. I will keep you up to date. Thanks for sharing ArmorAll @Coachaddict4020! I don't know how to let the other Canadians know, just hope they see this post.

ETA: I was able to do a mock order and CPR seems to ship to Canada, the shipping was 28,35$US. The 3 pack were the 18 oz / 510 g. They also have a 2 pack 32 oz / 946 ml at 39,50$US.

Last edited:
Hello! I've had this New Willis 70th anniversary bag for 10 years. I think it's vachetta. I've used it very little because I didn't want to ruin it, but now I think: what am I saving it for? Just use it! I've never conditioned or cleaned it, and it still looks good. But if I'm going to use it often, should I condition it to prevent stains, etc.? Everything I read about vachetta relates to undyed leather, like Louis Vuitton. Not sure what's best here, where it's orange. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_20210409_120910.jpg
    IMG_20210409_120910.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 10
I still have a stash of CPR but I believe they ship to Canada because the choice is given on their website to select country. There is a value 3 pack at 36,95$US. I emailed them to ask if they ship to Canada just for confirmation. I will keep you up to date. Thanks for sharing ArmorAll @Coachaddict4020! I don't know how to let the other Canadians know, just hope they see this post.

ETA: I was able to do a mock order and CPR seems to ship to Canada, the shipping was 28,35$US. The 3 pack were the 18 oz / 510 g. They also have a 2 pack 32 oz / 946 ml at 39,50$US.

Oh, smart move! I just did a mock order of the 3 pack too and CPR seems to ship to the UK for 39.48 USD. Less than expected so might consider whether to wait till able to travel to carry back in a checked bag or just take the plunge and get it now since I need it anyway. :panic::hrmm:

I should've thought to do the mock order from the beginning as if they were able to ship to me, I wouldn't have gone and collected every conditioner under the sun but the HG :lol: live and learn. Plenty of bags and shoes on which to use them up.

I have plenty of CPR left, I just wanted to see if I could find it at the TJ maxx equivalents as @Lake Effect suggested. The trip wasn’t a total waste because I stumbled upon the Armorall & Im excited to try it on my next rehab (which hopefully comes next week) :smile:

How do you (and others) find these flea markets and estate sales etc?

I might be visiting SoCal this summer and have Goodwill and other thrift stores on my list to visit as well as picking up CPR and BR.

FYI....
@americandreaming ...when I was thrifting in the states, someone from Florida told me that Florida was unbelievable for thrift shops! Even better than the NYC tri-state area.

Now that Coach has started to sell rehabbed bags, I wonder how long it will be before they start to offer authentication and/or ID services for vintage, at least?? Sell reprints of old catalogs??

Lol what else do we do here that they can make a buck off??
Catalog reprints would be a good coffee table book to have :smile:

Hello! I've had this New Willis 70th anniversary bag for 10 years. I think it's vachetta. I've used it very little because I didn't want to ruin it, but now I think: what am I saving it for? Just use it! I've never conditioned or cleaned it, and it still looks good. But if I'm going to use it often, should I condition it to prevent stains, etc.? Everything I read about vachetta relates to undyed leather, like Louis Vuitton. Not sure what's best here, where it's orange. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I don't know if that is vachetta. It's hard to tell. Some of these were probably vachetta. I have a different version, in colorblock. I haven't conditioned mine, but if I did, I would probably feel comfortable using both CPR and Blackrock. There was a clubhouse for the new Willis. If you ask there, you might find someone who has this bag who can help you.