Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

You might be disappointed in SoCal thrift stores. From what I've seen lately, Goodwill stores pull all the good stuff and sell it online. LA area thrift stores are pretty bad. I almost never find anything there. There are a few good stores in Van Nuys. I've gotten quite a few things in Escondido. There is a flea market a few times a year in the Rose Bowl, but it costs so much to get in and park that it really isn't worth it.
I was visiting LA for Christmas 2019, just before the world changed. Went into the downtown Santa Monica Goodwill on Christmas Eve and hit the jackpot! Must have been at least 10 vintage bags. Had to leave most behind. Didn't have room in my luggage. Still kicking myself.

You might be disappointed in SoCal thrift stores. From what I've seen lately, Goodwill stores pull all the good stuff and sell it online. LA area thrift stores are pretty bad. I almost never find anything there. There are a few good stores in Van Nuys. I've gotten quite a few things in Escondido. There is a flea market a few times a year in the Rose Bowl, but it costs so much to get in and park that it really isn't worth it.
I was visiting LA for Christmas 2019, just before the world changed. Went into the downtown Santa Monica Goodwill on Christmas Eve and hit the jackpot! Must have been at least 10 vintage bags. Had to leave most behind. Didn't have room in my luggage. Still kicking myself.

The archivist wasn't as fanatical about vintage Coach as most of us. When he was presented with a style no one had seen before, he didn't seem excited and could offer no information.

I was told by someone that Debi was told by Coach certain information about the fonts Coach used in their creeds. She also had misinformation about certain construction details. The authenticators on the forum know that what she was told isn't true. I don't have a lot of faith in an authentication service provided by Coach.

Ok random hypothetical question, but would you, or any of the authenticators, take a temporary gig authenticating bags for coach if they offered it? I don’t really see from a logistics standpoint how it would work. If they announced an authentication service, thousands of people would wanna use it. I can imagine @Hyacinth losing her marbles over people sending in requests because the zipper isn’t YKK... lmao!! :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Im in Ontario & we have all 3 of those stores. Thanks for the heads up, I have an appt on Monday & Ill be driving right by them on my way to the city so Ill check it out :smile:- can never have too much CPR! :lol:
Better go quick. Ontario government just announced stay at home order starting midnight on Wednesday and all non essential retail stores like Winners, etc will be closed for indoor shopping....

Haha good luck! Thanks - are these yard/garage/estate sales listed online or something? How do you know where to show up? I want to maximise my time in the states. Haha!
Craigslist for the region where you will visit lists garage sales and estate sales. There are also websites that list estate sales (for example, estatesales.net)

Ok random hypothetical question, but would you, or any of the authenticators, take a temporary gig authenticating bags for coach if they offered it? I don’t really see from a logistics standpoint how it would work. If they announced an authentication service, thousands of people would wanna use it. I can imagine @Hyacinth losing her marbles over people sending in requests because the zipper isn’t YKK... lmao!! :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I can just see it on my tombstone - "Done In By A YKK Zipper". :wtf:

But there's no way they'd get involved in something like that again. Can you just imagine how many people would try to scam them?
"But I bought it at a Coach store! You guys sold me a fake and I want my money back!"

Nope, I doubt if there's anyone there who could recognise a fake even if it had one of those gibberish "leather goods america" creeds and was stamped Made In Korea.

There are enough incompetent "authenticators" out there already, and another person who many of us are familiar with will be joining the others any day now, so be warned. If the thought of an authentication service whose owner makes it his mission in life to hate, insult, stalk and libel anyone from tPF AND Ebay makes you sick to your stomach, have your barf bucket ready.

I can just see it on my tombstone - "Done In By A YKK Zipper". :wtf:

But there's no way they'd get involved in something like that again. Can you just imagine how many people would try to scam them?
"But I bought it at a Coach store! You guys sold me a fake and I want my money back!"

Nope, I doubt if there's anyone there who could recognise a fake even if it had one of those gibberish "leather goods america" creeds and was stamped Made In Korea.

There are enough incompetent "authenticators" out there already, and another person who many of us are familiar with will be joining the others any day now, so be warned. If the thought of an authentication service whose owner makes it his mission in life to hate, insult, stalk and libel anyone from tPF AND Ebay makes you sick to your stomach, have your barf bucket ready.

Very valid points! With the newer coach listings in particular, I can never tell if they’re fakes or not unless they’re point out by beenburned or house. Some of those fakes are very closely done.

As of midnight last night, Alberta back to phase 1 restriction again. No more dine in at restaurant , no indoor gathering, no librarie, 15% capacity at retail stores...

As long as people keep doing stupid things because the governments did stupid things, the governments will keep having to do stupid things to try and control the damage done by stupid people. Stupid Group A acts in response to stupid things done by Stupid Group B in response to stupid things done by Stupid Group A...

Really lucky countries have a Stupid Person A at the point of the pyramid that they can blame. And countries like New Zealand where the Government has a major shortage of Stupid People at the top have to miss all the fun.

Any Kiwis out there want to adopt a personal authenticator?

As long as people keep doing stupid things because the governments did stupid things, the governments will keep having to do stupid things to try and control the damage done by stupid people. Stupid Group A acts in response to stupid things done by Stupid Group B in response to stupid things done by Stupid Group A...

Really lucky countries have a Stupid Person A at the point of the pyramid that they can blame. And countries like New Zealand where the Government has a major shortage of Stupid People at the top have to miss all the fun.

Any Kiwis out there want to adopt a personal authenticator?
Yes local government is most responsible for the situation we are in, as soon as Covid showing any sign of slowing down. They lifted the registrations, then Covid spread picking up, we went into lock down again, back and forth like these 3 times now...

I wandered all around Winners & Homesense on my break & didn’t find any CPR :sad:

While I was in the area, I stopped at Walmart & found this in the auto section. Has anyone tried it? It’s the same bottle design as CPR, almost same amount at 532 ml & looks like the same whitish stuff inside. For $9 I figured it was worth checking out. Instructions are the same as well. Will compare it to CPR later this evening:

6AB6C1CE-6C7F-4E3B-AB48-02EEE21A1404.jpeg