Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Thanks! Since I lost my job last year i have a lot of time to spend on my thrifting habit. Persistence pays off. The thrill of the hunt doesn't quite replace a salary, but at this point I'll take the thrills I can get.

I have only ever found one courier in a thrift store. The others I had topay significantly more for on ebay.

That smaller round one is particularly hard to find. I have only one in very bad condition.

Should i try and dye this? I have washed and conditioned it and the color loss is not getting any better. Or i could just sell it for next to nothing as vintage destroyed? Its such a cool style with a zipper and its big.
View attachment 4107355 View attachment 4107356
I am leery of dye projects, so for me the vote would be "sell."

By the way, that's a luscious lineup of duffles you have there in the background.

Most of that will look better after a bath and some conditioner. If you need to you could use a little black edge kote on it or black acrylic mixed with conditioner. I dunk everything. It just makes it much cleaner and reshapes it at the very least.

I agree, you could bathe it, which in addition to reshaping and cleaning, probably allows the conditioners to penetrate better. Your backpack looks to be pretty clean and the shape is good, so it would be up to you if you want to gain the experience of dunking. It's time well spent! See my post above for some links to general dunking advice:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1116#post-32363791

Leather CPR and Blackrock Leather 'n Rich are my favorite conditioners.

Very nice backpack!
Thank you so much for your advice, Belicious & Catbird9! I will check out the link and buy your recommended products. I hope I have the courage to dunk... it's scary! what if I ruin it?

Thank you so much for your advice, Belicious & Catbird9! I will check out the link and buy your recommended products. I hope I have the courage to dunk... it's scary! what if I ruin it?
You will do fine. The first one is scary..... and then if you are like many of us you will get hooked on saving these beauties and you will be looking for your next one. Good luck!

And here's an ENTIRE THREAD by @momtok with a detailed, step-by-step report (with pictures) of two rehabs:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ths-documentins-pics-as-was-requested.658823/
Awww catbird, thanks so much for posting the post by momtok :smile: Good times. Memory lane. Somewhere back in around 2012, 2013 when I had a handful of vintage, I did a casual search on the internet about rehabbing Coach after I read something somewhere that alluded to full on immersion of a leather handbag. That could not possibly be true. At all. Lol lol
I stumbled onto Momtok’s posts with photos and my jaw dropped. I did dunk a Saddle and a Patti after that , both black, but only used Lexol conditioner and could not understand why they came out streaked. Well of course now I know it is because Lexol is not heavy enough.
So I decided to really check out this full out refurbish effort around the summer of 2016. I found a bunch of rehab posts and found my way here.
So here I am, what, about two dozen handbags later dunked, some twice, and a suede haversack that went through the washer:biggrin:

Reactions: Catbird9
Love my duffle babies. They are so huge though, they have to hang on the wall or they take up an entire closet!
They are great looking. I am probably the only one here that has passed them up at flea markets, etc. The storage alone would be enough to deter me, and they are just too cavernous, though ymmv! I do have one Sling Bag, and would not say no to another one in purple or green or red, if I see one for less than what I have seen on eBay $$$.

Reactions: whateve