Coach outlet fail….

I received an envelope style bag recently, also in paper packaging. The mail carrier rolled it up and stuffed it in the mailbox. It didn't turn out very well after a day in the hot box.

Your new bag is super cute, though! I hope you're still able to enjoy it.

I've received a few things in a mailer. One of them was the mini. Jamie in chambray. It was nicely wrapped. I have never received a full-fledged purse in a padded from JAX. I will tell you one stupid thing they did: I'm a long-standing customer who happened to pay with PayPal. Unfortunately, they sent it to my post office box! They never checked my account. Or even called me to to verify the address. I think it must have been sent from an outlet store. They sent it Parcel Post and USPS sent it to Seattle. I live on the east coast, and by the time I got it, most of the return window had elapsed. I didn't have time to return it. Jax also sent a Mini Rowan in a padded envelope via Parcel Post. That also took three weeks.

I may be wrong, but I think it depends greatly on what store it was sent from (and there's no way to know beforehand). I've gotten Coach Outlet items that were packed and wrapped fantastically from one store, but another store shipped a single bag in a giant box with no wrapping or cushion, basically beating the bag up. It's hit or miss, but I think if you find a bag you love for a good deal it's worth it to take the gamble and just return if it ends up being damaged in shipping!!

Just two cents on the strap: sometimes a hide of leather may not be large enough to cut a singular strap. What you are seeing is the seam and to my eye it looks well finished. I have a few oldie coach bags that have almost a wrap around the top part of the strap. So I think you are ok there.

The bag looks unscathed- which is a good thing!

That's a padded mailer which is fine for smaller and flatter items in a dustbag.

The damage to the packaging is not Coach's fault; the postal systems are brutal with millions of parcels going through every day.

Your bag needed a box, really, so I wonder if as @A1aGypsy says that they are trying to be environmentally friendly? I think that's very commendable considering the Earth's resources are currently beyond repair and we must all be mindful not to be wasteful but they just need to pack each item appropriately according to it's size and shape.

I’m happy the bag wasn’t damaged. I’d rather go to the outlet store than purchase online after that incident. Maybe the paper envelope got wet and weakened. I’ve received paper envelopes before that came in better shape. USPS apologized for the condition so I would say they handled her roughly. For this particular bag structure, they should have used a small box.

I just got my padded mailer from Coach reserve today, delivered by UPS in Canada. Both card cases came in a crooked condition, they both look like a wringed towel.... I am so disappointed, because they don't look like returned products. How could something like this get sent to us consumers, even though they're 'final sale'.....? :tdown::tdown::tdown:20230818_140756_resized.jpg20230818_140648_resized.jpg