Coach Meets Speedy

I want to make something clear. I received an angry PM from a Coach forum member saying that I purposely posted this bag for the LV forum members to make fun of.

I wasn't trying to make fun of any brand or anyone. I was simply pointing out that Coach has a style that is very similar to iconic LV shape, and thought maybe some people would be interested. I have both LV and Coach bags, among other brands. I am frankly surprised that someone would find offense because that was certainly not my intent. People are free to express their opinions, but in my post, I expressed neither distaste nor praise.

I didn't see any mean comments from you.

I don't like Coach, and that will never change. But I don't put others down because they like Coach.

We are free to like what we like regardless of what others think.

Thanks guys for the validation! I was actually quite shocked by the tone of the PM, but I guess it's easy to misinterpret people's intentions in text. But I still think that it would have been classier to post in the thread itself rather than flame me in private.

I like it too. I own 2 Coach, one small black signature bag and a gorgeous vintage leather hobo that I get tons of compliments on (it reminds me of Gucci)....anyway, for some reason when it comes to Coach, I like the pictures in catalogs and magazines and on line but when I see it in person, about 90% of the time I'm like, meh, nothing special. I don't know why!! ??

^ there was nothing mean about this post. you were merely showing us something that looks similar to the speedy in the coach brand. and from what we can tell, there are LVers who love it and hate it not because it's coach but because of personal preference. the "boston" bag style is just common to a lot of different named brand bags. i for one think it looks fine but the straps are bit too narrow in proportion to the bag. i think coach makes great quality products...just not every bag suits everybody's tastes.

Thanks guys for the validation! I was actually quite shocked by the tone of the PM, but I guess it's easy to misinterpret people's intentions in text. But I still think that it would have been classier to post in the thread itself rather than flame me in private.

It may also be easy to misinterpret people's intentions if you already cast a negative light on them.

There was nothing wrong with your initial post and if that person who pmed you had guts, they would have berated you on here amongst other LV members. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to topic...I'm not a fan of that bag; don't like the longer handles and the panel down the bottom. Maybe if it had the same proportions of the Speedy 30 and was all tan Coach monogram, I'd like it!

honestly i think its terrible that some members assumed you were trying to make fun of the Coach bag. i personally like the bag, but would much prefer the speedy as its my classy looking. but anyhow, no way did your post sound like you were out to poke fun at Coach! you were just passing the info on there another brand makes something similar to the LV speedy! i can see why the Coach member was angry though..because a lot of us don't like the bag but that was not YOUR intent I'm sure.

regardless, the bag is cute!! i quite like it..but if I were to spend any money, I'd rather spend it on gucci or LV..their quality is just slightly better (not made in China!), because a few of my coach bags are not fairing so well..

I like the shape (whether 'speedy' or duffle, it's almost the same to me), I just don't like Coach's big Cs in general or the big panel in this bag. This reminds me of the Boston style more than the speedy somehow. I don't think Coach is copying LV's speedy since many designers make similar styles anyway.