Coach Fall 2014 preview soon?

I am curious to see this one with the fringe--there's too much black in the presentation to see what's what!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 3.52.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 3.52.09 PM.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 639
Having seen all of the pictures, I'm with you. I'm sorry, I just think most of those clothes look ridiculous. It's like bad street clothes for Siberia.
Your comment made me think of the Wendy's Russian fashion show commercial :lol:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CaMUfxVJVQ
The models aren't doing the clothing styles any favors either - grumpy faces and bony ugly legs. I thought the fashion industry was trying to move away from the anorexic look because of the negative effect it has on so many womens' body image.

Yeah, I'm NOT a fashion guru. But even if I was in that age group, I wouldn't be impressed.

Ok, I'll shut up now. :hnsnsn:
I'm sure the models were told to look grumpy. It is supposed to be edgier. I'm surprised some of those girls could get modeling jobs with legs like that. I don't think anyone is going to starve themselves so they can look like that. My legs looked like that when I was a little kid and everyone made fun of me!

I'm curious to know what those clothes will look on a normal-sized person. Maybe they won't look so oversized?

At least, apparently, now it is okay to not have a tan. My daughter will be happy about that.

Maybe by "new, young, and urban" Vevers means 12 years old and never exposed to sunlight! :lol:

To be fair I think models tend to be like that and not just for Coach. Anyone remember that Revlon commercial with Ellen Dengeneres a few year ago where she is making fun of the models who look miserable and like they would rather be doing ANYTHING else. I was having a hard time telling if they were real or mannequins.

I think the fashionable term for the new line is "industrial chic" :smile: Someone else said it looked like Diesel and it reminds of that as well

Thanks for posting the link! I've been waiting for Coach to upload more photos on their instagram...fail.

I think the first pic ever posted was a perfect summary of this particular collection: not for me. At all.

😳😳😳😳😳
I do feel somewhat , not exactly, but somewhat as Ed Sullivan may have felt when he commented on The Beatles' chances of success, as well as their hairstyles.

I know this will probably make it, but I'm metaphorically hugging my LPs, wistful for what is more familiar to me. And in the spirit of kindness, I'll try hard to leave it at that.

😳

😳😳😳😳😳
I do feel somewhat , not exactly, but somewhat as Ed Sullivan may have felt when he commented on The Beatles and their hairstyles.

I know this will probably make it, but I'm hugging my LPs, wistful for what is more familiar to me. And in the spirit of kindness, I'll try hard to leave it at that.

😳

Too funny! I am suddenly feeling happy that I went on a Madison/Legacy shopping spree this past year....

I don't know what age group he's after, but as someone in her late twenties I must say... EWW! The clothes are hideous. I'm not a fan of the bags, either.

Maybe there are better bags that they aren't showing. If not, it's time to move on.

I don't like any of it. It just does not fit with me, my style, or my lifestyle. As a stay at home mom, I usually am pretty casual. I look to my bags to feel a little more dressed up and feminine. None of those bags or clothes appeal to me at all.
I wonder if MFF is going this route too? If so, it was nice knowing you, Coach.

I don't like any of it. It just does not fit with me, my style, or my lifestyle. As a stay at home mom, I usually am pretty casual. I look to my bags to feel a little more dressed up and feminine. None of those bags or clothes appeal to me at all.
I wonder if MFF is going this route too? If so, it was nice knowing you, Coach.
Yes, I love pretty bags! Bags that make you smile!

I think you have to put this in context. This collection is like the Poppy collection was when it initially launched. It was intended to attract a younger demographic. They didn't stop making their core products that appeal to a wide audience and make up over $4 Billion in annual revenue. They augment the product line to try to be more inclusive.

I am confident that when the full Fall preview press pix are released next month, you will see all the familiar Coach bags, all the tried and true silhouettes that make Coach, Coach. Plus, you will also see the new bags that are part of this collection. They will co-exist. ;)

That said, there are a couple of bags I am interested in seeing from this new line. I am neither super young nor particularly hip (and definitely not hip-hop) but I think there's something in there for me nonetheless!!

Oh, as far as the clothes...none of them are my style. Then again, I don't like any of the clothes that Coach has put out so far. I don't care for any of the shoes in this batch either. I do, however, like the mixed media d'Orsay pumps that are coming out this spring--I am contemplating those right now!

Last edited:
I think some of it could be restyled to be cute.

Maybe size down on some of the jackets and pair them with jeans.

I couldn't get a good look at the bags or shoes. Although one boot looked like a cross between the ugg dandylion bootie and a wedge sneaker, both of which I like. With jeans - not bare legs.

I hope they do attract a new demographic (in addition to keeping us happy :P ).

Last edited: