Coach Fall 2014 preview soon?

I guess if Vevers is trying to appeal to a young "hip hop" crowd, Summer 2014 will be my last season with Coach until they go back to clean, classic, simple designs suitable for young professionals like myself. These new styles are too chunky, "utility" looking for my liking. I would classify my style as classic and elegant, maybe a bit old-school (cardigans, tweed skirts, sheath dresses, subtly patterned nylons). I like details in my bags--minimalistic and delicate details, not over-the-top or loud ones. Too bad... my love affair with Coach may be short lived!

Hip hop isn't something I associate with Coach, but perhaps they are trying to broaden their audience. Too bad they may lose loyal customers like me who buy 5-7+ bags a year. If they keep going in this direction, I won't be buying. Just not my style. If I saw bags like these in a store, I would keep walking, regardless of who made them. In fact, the impression some of these designs leave me with is that I've seen them before from other brands. Obviously not these specific ones, but similar overall concept.

Agreed!

Well, if they are coming out with a capsule collection every quarter (IIRC), is it possible that they'll go back and forth? I thought borough was very conservative, and these few pics are very casual.

My bag wardrobe is almost full anyway, so I'm not too concerned. I kind of like that they may be trying to bring over new customers. I'm interested in seeing what they produce over the next year or so.

The men's bags that the designer was carrying looked good too. They seemed conservative. :shrugs:

I still would like to see more borough and urbane leather combinations. :graucho:

So far it has been a really limited preview...I hope the bigger press preview happens in March so we can see more styles and get a better feel for what Fall will look like at Coach.

Just read through the thread, and yeah, I too see Alexander Wang with that one black bag.

To be completely honest, the word that kept going through my head with most of the bags (except for that blue flap) was "Diesel". And the picture of all the models lined up? Honestly, I kept thinking Canadian Mounted Police. (Especially with the backdrop.)

I feel like I just took a Rorschach test. :lol:

I don't really care for any of it. It looks like they are trying too hard to show how different they can be. But someone said Diesel, yep. Or the same crowd that buys Juicy Couture.
And those models? They all look half dead to me.
If this is the direction, then my wallet will be safe also!