Co-worker's comment about my Alexandra.

Your co-worker needs to be educated. Tell her Coach is a Leather Goods Company and they only have had the siggy very recently. I don't even think 10 years but I could be off there.

You are right. The signature line was introduced in 2000. It's funny how many people forget or don't know that Coach was strictly leather goods for a long time!

This is such a funny story, because I almost always assume every siggy bag I see is a fake (it just seems that there are so many bad siggy fakes out there), I'm much more likely to assume a leather is authentic (provided it doesn't look too cheap :smile:.

I started out on the siggys also. When I purchased my first leather(black poppy pocket hobo), that was it for me on the siggy! I am now in leatherland and loving it! I'm never drawn to siggy anymore, except for MFF accessories. There are a lot of people around me that buy fakes at flea markets and such, and I feel so bad for them that they are so excited to have found a brand new with tags coach bag for 20 bucks. Then a few weeks later their strap breaks, or the zipper breaks...or whatever, but I would never be able to tell them that it's not real, because they are so happy!

I have an acorn Alexandra and love it! I will say, like others who posted already, I, too, live in Siggy Land!! EVERYONE around here carries siggy bags, and I've found that I don't have much success when I occasionally try to sell leather bags on craigslist. The buyers in my area are only interested in signature Coach. I do have 2 Legacy bags that are signature, and I do love them, and will never part with them, but for the most part I've totally graduated to leather.

I kind of makes it more fun when you have one of your leather bags out and someone comments because you know they are into bags like you are. When someone compliments my sig bag I think it's just because they know it's "Coach" but when comment on my leather bags I know they are a bag person and know a nice bag when they see one or that they are into Coach as well.

It's funny because my SIL commented to me when I got my first Coach back in May that she is "such a Coach whore" and I was like umm....ok. She doesn't know that I have gotten into Coach and so now that I have and I have come here and gotten educated I know that everything she has is siggy and MFF. and she only wants stuff with C's on it. So here she is thinking she is the shiznit with her siggy this and siggy that and little does she know she isn't even getting the best deal at the outlet because has has no clue about FPD's at all. She just wants a "Coach" bag. I fell in love with Coach for an entirely different reason like everyone else here. So really, you can't listen to someone that isn't into bags.

I kind of makes it more fun when you have one of your leather bags out and someone comments because you know they are into bags like you are. When someone compliments my sig bag I think it's just because they know it's "Coach" but when comment on my leather bags I know they are a bag person and know a nice bag when they see one or that they are into Coach as well.

It's funny because my SIL commented to me when I got my first Coach back in May that she is "such a Coach whore" and I was like umm....ok. She doesn't know that I have gotten into Coach and so now that I have and I have come here and gotten educated I know that everything she has is siggy and MFF. and she only wants stuff with C's on it. So here she is thinking she is the shiznit with her siggy this and siggy that and little does she know she isn't even getting the best deal at the outlet because has has no clue about FPD's at all. She just wants a "Coach" bag. I fell in love with Coach for an entirely different reason like everyone else here. So really, you can't listen to someone that isn't into bags.

LOL!! ITA about the comments received when carrying a siggy!

I got my first Coach leather bag in 2003, but never got siggie bags until this year. Sometimes I feel a little weird when I carry them. I just needed to get them to get that out of my system.

I totally stay away from the signature pieces unless it's a black on black and you can't see it or the coated canvas bags I use for rainy days or going somewhere I think my bag has the potential to get dirty/ruined.

I too live in Siggy City, USA and I prefer my bags not to scream COACH. I do have a few bags that have a large coach logo, like my black tattoo tote but that logo is so cool and different, that I don't mind as much.

I prefer leather too, it is easier to keep clean and lasts longer, along with having a classic elegance.
I have a couple sig wristlets and the demi-pouch with the fish applique but aside from that my collection is all leather.

This is such a funny story, because I almost always assume every siggy bag I see is a fake (it just seems that there are so many bad siggy fakes out there), I'm much more likely to assume a leather is authentic (provided it doesn't look too cheap :smile:.

WOW! There's fake leather Coach too?
I would love to see pictures!