Cleaning & Protecting your YSL bags

With the Coach cleaner, it's actually not suited for buffalo leather (it states so on the label). Also, I have found Apple to be more moisturizing; whereas the Coach conditioner seems to dry out the leather? I've made the mistake of using Coach conditioner on my downtown because I was out of Apple care, and it just did not provide same moisturizing effect.

i see, thanks for the info.. coach conditioner is what's readily available, apple care i need to hunt it down. in the meantime i used coach but most def will buy apple, thx again! :smile:

With the Coach cleaner, it's actually not suited for buffalo leather (it states so on the label). Also, I have found Apple to be more moisturizing; whereas the Coach conditioner seems to dry out the leather? I've made the mistake of using Coach conditioner on my downtown because I was out of Apple care, and it just did not provide same moisturizing effect.

Great info Bubbleloba, thanks so much for sharing.

My muse is pebbled leather but I use coach and it works great. I try to not rub too hard bc I fear I will get the color off or ruin the texture. I should try appleguard.

I also spray it with aqua protectant from bally. It works wonders! I live in boston and it has been raining daily :sad: but I'm still carrying around my muse!

hey i just got my pebbled lambskin easy bag few weeks ago. I searched for the conditioner and cleaner for my easy and bought "apple's conditioner, cleaner, and water repellent spray."

Because i bought them before getting my handbag, i applied apple's conditioner as soon as i got my easy and sprayed water and stain repellent spray. i am wondering how much conditioner do i need to apply? Because my easy is black, i cant see which area was applied.

I just apply US quarter size to the front/back and dime size to the side and bottom. and extra for four edges of bottom.

if you have any tip for caring, let me know. because i bought first lambskin handbag, i dont really know how to care or store. i just put papers (when i bought easy, ysl sent papers in it) and put my handbag to the dust bag. thats how i store my handbag (i use my easy about 2~3 times a month.)

and how do you care the interior canvass? because my easy's interior canvass is black, i see a lot of white dirt, hair, etc. i just use my tape to remove it and i dont know how to care for that too. i often bought handbags with silk interior or leather interior.

thanks!

All the bags are already treated to last, especially when they are new, however what you did to the bag can not harm it...rest assured that easy - pebbled leather - will look new and moist for a long time, no need to worry too much...when you see that it dried out somewhere, apply conditioner, not a cleaner

canvas just like what you did, with a tape, sticky roll and that is all

I don't use Apple products but have used LMB's Silk Serum on my Pebbled Roady and it works wonderfully and is very mild. I just apply it to the parts that feel dry and not the entire bag. It took a long time and a lot of usage for my Roady to get a little dry though and that was the only time I applied the serum.

Hey ladies, my beloved easy is beginning to show some corner wear. I used it a lot when I first got it but over the last seven months it has only been used three times (for seven days each period).

I'm feeling very sad. This bag had a cherry pit stain that magically came off after being on the leather for weeks! It has withstood my kids prying and grubby hands and I Loooove it so.:cloud9:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks!