CL Shoe Care and Maintenance Guide FAQ

Dear Fashionable Ladies,

I have a couple of kid pairs that I initially had to cram my foot in trying to break them in which caused creases in the leather. Do any of you know if there is a way to smooth them out by any chance?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you so much!!!

XOXOXO!!!

Oh dear, I have been searching and searching for a replacement stud for the CL Luxuras, and I keep running into dead ends. :pout: I bought them on eBay, so I can't go back to any stores, like a Saks or Neimans for help, and I tried the CL boutique on Madison the last time we were in the city, as I heard that they would sell replacement studs, but they refused. The said they could only give them to me if I bought the shoes from that shop. I have tried searching upholstery tacks and leather studs, but nothing is the right size! If anyone can please offer any help, I will kiss you!! (or just say thank you, whichever you prefer)!:smooch: I have one stud missing from the heel and it drives me crazy to look at. They are my favorite shoes and I just want them to get back to looking like their fabulous selves! Thank you all so much for any help! :flowers::flowers:

JuliJenn said:
Oh dear, I have been searching and searching for a replacement stud for the CL Luxuras, and I keep running into dead ends. :pout: I bought them on eBay, so I can't go back to any stores, like a Saks or Neimans for help, and I tried the CL boutique on Madison the last time we were in the city, as I heard that they would sell replacement studs, but they refused. The said they could only give them to me if I bought the shoes from that shop. I have tried searching upholstery tacks and leather studs, but nothing is the right size! If anyone can please offer any help, I will kiss you!! (or just say thank you, whichever you prefer)!:smooch: I have one stud missing from the heel and it drives me crazy to look at. They are my favorite shoes and I just want them to get back to looking like their fabulous selves! Thank you all so much for any help! :flowers::flowers:

Did you try emailing/calling CL's customer service? You don't have to tell them you got them on eBay. If the parts exist, they'll provide you with where to get them. Good luck!

Hi there!

I know how disappointed you must be, especially for a favorite pair.

I live in Tokyo, but the boutiques here are awesome. They usually have studs around and would even order replacement heels when destroyed. They have ordered heels for 3 pairs I damaged in the past as well as sent it off to a cobbler that has a contract with Louboutin Japan to fix one of my studded heels.

PM me or post a close up photo where the studs are missing, as well as a close up photo of the studs and I will show it to my SA if you would like.

I cant promise you anything, but I would be more than happy to ask on your behalf and see if they can do something about it.

Cheers!

Dear Fashionable Ladies,

I have a couple of kid pairs that I initially had to cram my foot in trying to break them in which caused creases in the leather. Do any of you know if there is a way to smooth them out by any chance?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you so much!!!

XOXOXO!!!
Rub in leather conditioner and use a hairdryer lightly rubbing the affected area with your hands as if you are straightening your hair. It does help to make the crease look better in my experience. My SA swears by it and I tried it and it worked.

Hahahahaha! I ended up answering my own question, durrrhhhhh!!!!
But if anyone has the same problem, please give it a try:biggrin:

Hi there!

I know how disappointed you must be, especially for a favorite pair.

I live in Tokyo, but the boutiques here are awesome. They usually have studs around and would even order replacement heels when destroyed. They have ordered heels for 3 pairs I damaged in the past as well as sent it off to a cobbler that has a contract with Louboutin Japan to fix one of my studded heels.

PM me or post a close up photo where the studs are missing, as well as a close up photo of the studs and I will show it to my SA if you would like.

I cant promise you anything, but I would be more than happy to ask on your behalf and see if they can do something about it.

Cheers!

Oh my goodness! You are so sweet! Thank you for your super kind offer. I have uploaded the photos. Please let me know whatever I can do for you in return! You're wonderful! :love:

Attachments

• IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 425
  • IMAG0281.jpg
    IMAG0281.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 426
Oh my goodness! You are so sweet! Thank you for your super kind offer. I have uploaded the photos. Please let me know whatever I can do for you in return! You're wonderful! :love:
Hey, good news!

Tokyo boutique has the studs in stock.
They asked me to send in the pair itself for repair, but I am going to try and get them personally and ship them out to you some how.

Hope you have a good cobbler around over there.

Hey, good news!

Tokyo boutique has the studs in stock.
They asked me to send in the pair itself for repair, but I am going to try and get them personally and ship them out to you some how.

Hope you have a good cobbler around over there.

Oh my goodness, Helen! Thank you so very much! I really cannot express to you how incredibly much I appreciate your kindness and your going out of your way for me, a complete stranger! I will PM you as well, but please know that if I can ever repay the favor in any way, I would love to do so! You're wonderful!:heart:

While I can not say much on studs replacement, you may also have luck contacting Leather Spa in NY or a Louboutin specializing shoe repair shop-they may have replacements or be able to direct you to someone. Their prices are pretty high, but if you desperately need solution, they should be able to help.

I can add that for everyday maintenance and freshen up after each wear, I wipe my Louboutins with wet baby wipes-insides, outsides and even outer soles. I've noticed that my most worn pair still looks amazing after a full year of use. It sucks that you can not do baby wipes on canvas, satin or suede, but at least it helps a lot with protection for patent and leather Louboutins. I've learned this while watching Wendy's Lookbook chanel on youtube-she has some good advices. There are also every day tips here: http://www.notesbytanya.com/love-thy-louboutins/

Rub in leather conditioner and use a hairdryer lightly rubbing the affected area with your hands as if you are straightening your hair. It does help to make the crease look better in my experience. My SA swears by it and I tried it and it worked.

Hahahahaha! I ended up answering my own question, durrrhhhhh!!!!
But if anyone has the same problem, please give it a try:biggrin:

Oh my.....

Argh!!!

I had my Nude Pigalle Platos sitting next to a black patent CL shoe and the black color transferred over to my nude PPs. Is there any way to get rid of it??? I did not know colors can transfer over!!! Ladies, keep your nude pairs away from your colored ones!!!

Hey ladies, I have a pair of No Prives in beige linen and gold leather. When I got them I was worried about getting a stain on the linen uppers so I sprayed them extensively with water proofer spray. What I didn't know at the time is that stuff turns things yellow - beware!!! Argh!
So now I never wear them because instead of being a soft, white-ish beige, they are now an antique yellow.
Has anyone tried doing some sort of DIY bleach on linen uppers to lighten them?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated - thanks :flowers: