City vs. Classic/First/Classique?

Thanks again for your input, ladies!:flowers: I really appreciate it.

daffyduck, you are SO KIND!:love: Thank you! The links to the color/size comparison threads were VERY helpful.

Now I am confused!:wacko: I don't know which color I like better!:nuts: They are BOTH GORGEOUS!!! Would vert gazon color be as hard to locate as apple green? I hate the fact that most of the SAs at the stores that I've called have NO IDEA about style/color names.

Idealy, I would like to have a first in apple green and a city in vert gazon.:graucho:

^thanks for posting that daffy!

I have a First, it does fit ALOT! I just ordered a City... it may be too big for me..

eta: i think VG would be easier to locate than Apple Green...

Vert Gazon just came out in Spring 2007 and AG came out in 2005 (pls. correct me if I'm wrong, Bbag experts). There's still plenty of Vert Gazon available in stores. AG on the other hand, would be hard to locate in stores, so eBay would be the best way to locate it. :smile:

Would vert gazon color be as hard to locate as apple green?

Vert Gazon just came out in Spring 2007 and AG came out in 2005 (pls. correct me if I'm wrong, Bbag experts). There's still plenty of Vert Gazon available in stores. AG on the other hand, would be hard to locate in stores, so eBay would be the best way to locate it. :smile:

Hi Irene!! I have both styles...my first purchase was a city, bc I love bigger bags. This bag can hold a ton - definitely a more casual look, a little too big to carry to a nice dinner or a night out on the town. It's also very slouchy and has less structure than a smaller bag. That's why I got my ink first next. :yes: It's the perfect size for "lighter" days and for carrying out to a restaurant or to a bar.

HTH :flowers: Either one you choose, you will love it - guaranteed!!!!! :tender: Let me just warn you though, the hardest part is NOT picking the style, but the color, the year, and the hardware!!! :wacko:.....actually, the hardest part may be just buying ONE! :lol: :graucho:

The First works great for me if I don't need sunglasses... but my enormous Prada sunglasses case takes up a lot of room. My mum makes a First work with a water bottle, wallet, keys, phone, iPod and an extra little pouch for cosmetics and things.

If you carry more stuff than that, I would say go with the City. There's a reason it's the most popular style!

I like both the First and City. But I use City 10X more than First. I use First for casual get togethers, dinner with friends, window shopping alone.

I say- get the City before the First.

The First works great for me if I don't need sunglasses... but my enormous Prada sunglasses case takes up a lot of room. My mum makes a First work with a water bottle, wallet, keys, phone, iPod and an extra little pouch for cosmetics and things.

If you carry more stuff than that, I would say go with the City. There's a reason it's the most popular style!

I second that:yes:. My ginormous Celine sunglass case needs lots of space in my bag...Gucci's case is even bigger!!

the first/classique was my first bbag but ended up selling it to fund another bbag. it was cute and it fit my essentials, perfect for evenings out, errands, or when you don't want to carry too much. the city works well for everyday and for casual outings day or night. i plan to add the first/classique back in my collection again.