City vs. Classic/First/Classique?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Inspired by zacorey's thread...is the Classic much smaller than the City? Does anyone have both styles and could post pictures so I can see the difference?

I'm wondering because...my Citys are wonderful for work and shopping, but the other day I found myself wanting a smaller bag just to take out to dinner with essentials. Would the Classic be the right size for that?

2. Sounds like the first/classique would be perfect for you!

3. hippie! LOL! I think the first would be great for you for going to dinner when you don't need to carry a lot. I think it is much smaller then the city but I am not an expert!~ I may be wrong though. Hopefully some nice PFer can post comparison pics for you!

4. Zacorey, are you laughing at my addiction? :lol:

5. yes the classique is perfect! I love that size myself since I don't carry too much. It's perfect for wallet, keys, phone and some make-up. =)

6. Of course but I am just as addicted as you are!!! So, I laugh at the both of us!:lol: :yahoo:

7. hehehehe, we're all addicated!!!

Yeah, hippiechic a FIRST size would be the perfect size for going out at night etc...

8. classique would be perfect for night out!
    sorry for the blurry picture :P

DSCN1944.jpg DSCN1945.jpg DSCN1946.jpg
  9. I love the First....I really want to like the City, but it just doesn't 'feel' right on me.

10. seahorseinstripes, thank you for the photos - that helps a lot! I can see that the first is not only smaller but not as deep, so I do think it would be about the right size.

Is that a magenta city? :nuts: Wow!

11. I love them both, but definitely for different days - city is an all-day, work or errand bag. Fits everything, leaves room for an impulse purchase or a loaf of bread. The first is a bag I can't overstuff, so I'm forced to only bring what I need - but all my day's necessities fit with ease.

12. you're welcome :yes:
    yes, that's a magenta city :P

13. seahorse - thanks for the picture comparison!! I have been waiting for someone to show me the difference of the city and first...it's just so hard to tell in pictures! :rolleyes: Now I'm thinking a new first would be perfect, after all... :graucho:

14. u're welcome :P
    at first i thought a classique would be too small for me.
    but it can fit some of my necessary things perfectly...
    it can fit my lv PTI wallet which is huge, lv medium agenda, 2 cell phones, cigarette case and few small stuffs too.

15. I agree! The city is a great everyday bag, but I love my first for going out at night and can fit quite a bit of stuff still--and I love the way it looks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice