Christian Louboutin 2014 Pigalle 120mm vs. So Kate 120mm

I prefer the original 120mm. Nothing beats them. They are gorgeous. I dont like seeing the so kate everywhere.

Same here on the original Pigalle 120.

Historically, it came in 3 flavors:

1) sculptured heel
fat on top, tapering down to skinny heel-tap (as thing at the So Kate..!!). It curves forward, the classic "French curve". I have it in brown and blue leopard.

2) Decollette heel
skinnier at top (not as "fat"), heel-tap is bit wider than above. Does not go inward as much as above. It's my fave heel style, has really sleek/beautiful lines. I have it in magenta, and brown suede (love!)

3) straight heel ("modern" twist)
"sudden" taper at top, heel goes "straight down". This look has been used by So Kate, Pigalle Follies, Tashaf (similar to Pigalle), Love Me 120, etc. This shoe flat out looks AWESOME when walking, something about geometry.

I have it in black-patent, my "staple" shoe

I should post pics of the above, but I need a beautiful background (like how Stilly post pics of).

I resisted So Kate, because it's NOT the short toe-box I have a fetish for (great for toe-cleavage). I recently caved in, but I had to return it for sizing issues (too tight). Plus, I didn't warm up to the medium toe.

The solution is Pigalle Follies, marriage of ultra thin heel of SK with short toe-box of Pigalle. I just got a pair (red-patent), and will be springing for another.

Rock the passion ladies!

Unlike you with slender to normal feet, mine are normal to slightly wide UGH, but one thing I have learned over many years is that no matter what, it is best to STICK TO THE LENGTH of your feet. I have sized up in the past to accommodate my width (or rather thought I had bigger feet) and always ended up with major heel slippage.

There was one time where I was in a rush because I was running late for a meeting. As soon as the lights turned green, I ran in my heels. Well, one of my shoes came off. It would have not been so embarrassing if the shoe was left behind me like Cinderella. Well NOPE!!! The shoe flew forward by at least 65 feet at this huge huge intersection. I had to hobble across the crossing to go and retrieve the shoe in front of all this traffic and other people watching. VERY EMBARRASSING !!! Therefore, I learnt that it is best to stick to your length and break the shoes in and mold them to your feet. LOL!!!

The Vaseline trick works wonders. I just checked all my CLs that I had used Vaseline to stretch out my shoes and none of them have any stains just so you know. Don't worry hun ;)

I will have to try this.

I'm old school when stretching, just wear'em (at expense of my toes). I've been doing this for my 2 Love Me 120 (black patent and black sparkle), they're FINALLY broken in. My poor right foot was a casualty, my middle-toe got an irritation. I had to quit wearing 'em for 2 weeks. I have a size which fits "slightly loose" when new (.5 size up from my TTS), it doesn't require stretching. No problems with heel-slippage after wear. It's strange how I can wear 2 sizes (even a 3rd, .5 size down from my TTS..requires more stretching)

I've seen the shoe-stretchers on Amazon (around $25), but never tried it. The other trick is putting a plastic bag of water in toe-box, putting it in freezer (water expands into ice). I'm kind of afraid of this, though. I've heard of some CLs cracking/splitting in toe-box area (during normal wear), so the stress of ice expansion in cold freezer..might be more prone to splitting/cracking.

Last edited:
Same here on the original Pigalle 120.

Historically, it came in 3 flavors:

1) sculptured heel

fat on top, tapering down to skinny heel-tap (as thing at the So Kate..!!). It curves forward, the classic "French curve". I have it in brown and blue leopard.

2) Decollette heel

skinnier at top (not as "fat"), heel-tap is bit wider than above. Does not go inward as much as above. It's my fave heel style, has really sleek/beautiful lines. I have it in magenta, and brown suede (love!)

3) straight heel ("modern" twist)

"sudden" taper at top, heel goes "straight down". This look has been used by So Kate, Pigalle Follies, Tashaf (similar to Pigalle), Love Me 120, etc. This shoe flat out looks AWESOME when walking, something about geometry.

I have it in black-patent, my "staple" shoe

I should post pics of the above, but I need a beautiful background (like how Stilly post pics of).

I resisted So Kate, because it's NOT the short toe-box I have a fetish for (great for toe-cleavage). I recently caved in, but I had to return it for sizing issues (too tight). Plus, I didn't warm up to the medium toe.

The solution is Pigalle Follies, marriage of ultra thin heel of SK with short toe-box of Pigalle. I just got a pair (red-patent), and will be springing for another.

Rock the passion ladies!

I had no idea about the different heels. You must post comparison pics! So interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I will have to try this.

I'm old school when stretching, just wear'em (at expense of my toes). I've been doing this for my 2 Love Me 120 (black patent and black sparkle), they're FINALLY broken in. My poor right foot was a casualty, my middle-toe got an irritation. I had to quit wearing 'em for 2 weeks. I have a size which fits "slightly loose" when new (.5 size up from my TTS), it doesn't require stretching. No problems with heel-slippage after wear. It's strange how I can wear 2 sizes (even a 3rd, .5 size down from my TTS..requires more stretching)

I've seen the shoe-stretchers on Amazon (around $25), but never tried it. The other trick is putting a plastic bag of water in toe-box, putting it in freezer (water expands into ice). I'm kind of afraid of this, though. I've heard of some CLs cracking/splitting in toe-box area (during normal wear), so the stress of ice expansion in cold freezer..might be more prone to splitting/cracking.
I do not have the guts to risk ruining my shoes in the freezer either!!!

No I can't ... Might as well wear them a few times and see if I like them or not. If not, I will sell them on eBay and then I would not mind not getting back my full cost I guess.

That sucks that you can't return them...! But you're right. Wear them a few times, see if you love them or not then sell if not. At least you'd have gotten some fun out of them in that case...

Hi! Bumping this up! How much of a stretch does a SK black patent does? Im a newbie with CL pumps and bf got me a SK for xmas. My TTS is 7. 37 for ysl tribs but 36.5 for ferragamo vera. I tried on the SK and it was perfect fit but when I used it again on a nother occasion there was heel slippage. But whenver I walk around the house and I place the ball of my foot on the arch it is so perfect with minimal heel slippage, if any at all. Im thinking whether to put a cork in the front or a heel grip but if its stretches again I wonder if I could still keep it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! TIA and happy holidays!

Hi! Bumping this up! How much of a stretch does a SK black patent does? Im a newbie with CL pumps and bf got me a SK for xmas. My TTS is 7. 37 for ysl tribs but 36.5 for ferragamo vera. I tried on the SK and it was perfect fit but when I used it again on a nother occasion there was heel slippage. But whenver I walk around the house and I place the ball of my foot on the arch it is so perfect with minimal heel slippage, if any at all. Im thinking whether to put a cork in the front or a heel grip but if its stretches again I wonder if I could still keep it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! TIA and happy holidays!

You must have narrow toe-box, I have wide toe-box. Never any heel-slippage problem.

You can use pads in the front toe, that might help. Check the Dr Scholl's shoe pads (full length and toe pads), that might do the trick for you.

CL's stretch out after a few wearings, due to high quality leather used. So, expect more "stretching" as you wear them. I suppose you could use "no see" socks

You must have narrow toe-box, I have wide toe-box. Never any heel-slippage problem.

You can use pads in the front toe, that might help. Check the Dr Scholl's shoe pads (full length and toe pads), that might do the trick for you.

CL's stretch out after a few wearings, due to high quality leather used. So, expect more "stretching" as you wear them. I suppose you could use "no see" socks

Have you ever had slippage after a few wears gigs? Xx