Christian Louboutin 2014 Pigalle 120mm vs. So Kate 120mm

After a much intense first semester of law school. (Yay me, I survived!)
I decided to treat myself to my second pair of CL!
I was torn between the Pigalle 120mm and the So Kate 120mm.

Why? Because (1) apparently Mr. CL himself changed the Pigalle and everyone expressed they're hatred for it, and (2) the So Kate has a deeper vamp and skinny heel which thus will make it less comfortable.

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind this is my own experience and opinion. Reasonable minds will differ and everyone's feet is made differently as well.

Regarding size:
I am a true US 5.5.
However, I can get away with US 6. But I will have some heel slippage if I don't place grips in the back.
I consider myself to have normal size feet, not too narrow or too wide.

Now after countless hours of searching and listening to opinions after opinions, I bit the bullet and ordered the Pigalle 120mm and the So Kate 120mm both in patent leather in size 35.5, which converts to a US 5.5.

Pigalle - the fit is tight all around without any heel slippage.
However, the toe box is murder on the widest part of my foot.
On top of that, the arch is extremely uncomfortable, walking in these will require concentration or else I'll topple over.

So Kate - the fit is tight with heel slippage.
The toe box in comparison to the Pigalle is first degree murder (don't mind the law school pun- ha.)
However the arch isn't bad!
I can actually walk in these, run if need be!
The heel slippage is caused by the deeper arch since your foot is being pushed forward.
Since it's being pushed forward, your feet is resting flatter on the ball of the foot, which makes the shoe more wearable and bearable!

To keep or not to keep:
I am keeping both of these in the 35.5.

To stretch or not to stretch:
I have been trying the sock and blow dryer method.
I've been doing this for about 3-4 days straight for a few hrs at a time with minimal changes!
Both shoe still pitches on the widest part of my foot but not as bad.
I refuse to try the water and freezer method since I'm not an adventurous person.
I also refuse to take alcohol to the inside of the shoe as well.

I've been wearing them around the house, while I wash dishes, walk from one room to the other, and even the bathroom (TMI much?) to get my foot molded to the shoe.

http://www.amazon.com/MEDcaTM-Shoe-...ds=MEDcaTM+Shoe+Stretcher+Sold+As+a+Pack+of+2

I just order this in hopes of widening the shoe a bit more.
That will be another post for another time.

All in all - if I had to be realistic and pick one I'd choose the So Kate 120mm
Because
(1) it is much more comfortable to walk in for longer periods of time
(2) because it's comfortable, it will spend most of it's life outside the box!

Regards to sizing- I'd say pick your true size and work with it.
Whether it be stretching it out, molding it to your feet, or adding insoles.

Because the So Kate has room for me to add insoles, which will keep my feet from sliding forward- there will no longer be any heel slippage.
Going down half a size will fit better in the heel but since the toe box pitches width wise, I don't see the point of subjecting myself to a tighter shoe when there are other measures I can take to make my shoes more comfortable.

I hope this was helpful as I'm sure I wasn't the only one who needed some clarification!

Please feel free to ask questions! I am more than happy to help.
Thanks for reading!

thank u! very helpful! i am still afraid to try anything in 120 without a platform... :smile: they simply look scary! but u did give me hope! thanks again! and hope to see your modeling photos.... :smile:

thank u! very helpful! i am still afraid to try anything in 120 without a platform... :smile: they simply look scary! but u did give me hope! thanks again! and hope to see your modeling photos.... :smile:

Thank you! I just noticed it was such a long rant, but I'm glad it restored some faith in you.
If your feet is on the regular or narrow side give the So Kate a try. You can do!!

And I will try to get some modeling pics as soon as I dig my face out of these school books.
icon9.gif

just wanted to let u know that thanks to u i got a pair of cabo pumps!!! apparently its same as so kate cut. we've sold out of SK in AU, so i decided to try it and i luv it! its actually not too bad to walk in, but so far only on the carpet.... :smile: u r a champ!

Attachments

• CLcabo1.jpg
    CLcabo1.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 13,124
just wanted to let u know that thanks to u i got a pair of cabo pumps!!! apparently its same as so kate cut. we've sold out of SK in AU, so i decided to try it and i luv it! its actually not too bad to walk in, but so far only on the carpet.... :smile: u r a champ!

:woohoo:They look amazinggg on you! Love!!

This is the shoe stretcher I ordered online.
So far it's helped a lot with the pinching!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 12,529
:woohoo:They look amazinggg on you! Love!!

This is the shoe stretcher I ordered online.
So far it's helped a lot with the pinching!

thank u! i did order one too, i had the other type which is a larger stretcher so will wait for this one to come...meantime i've been using vaseline/dryer trick and it actually works! :smile: thanks again!

After a much intense first semester of law school. (Yay me, I survived!)
I decided to treat myself to my second pair of CL!
I was torn between the Pigalle 120mm and the So Kate 120mm.

Why? Because (1) apparently Mr. CL himself changed the Pigalle and everyone expressed they're hatred for it, and (2) the So Kate has a deeper vamp and skinny heel which thus will make it less comfortable.

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind this is my own experience and opinion. Reasonable minds will differ and everyone's feet is made differently as well.

Regarding size:
I am a true US 5.5.
However, I can get away with US 6. But I will have some heel slippage if I don't place grips in the back.
I consider myself to have normal size feet, not too narrow or too wide.

Now after countless hours of searching and listening to opinions after opinions, I bit the bullet and ordered the Pigalle 120mm and the So Kate 120mm both in patent leather in size 35.5, which converts to a US 5.5.

Pigalle - the fit is tight all around without any heel slippage.
However, the toe box is murder on the widest part of my foot.
On top of that, the arch is extremely uncomfortable, walking in these will require concentration or else I'll topple over.

So Kate - the fit is tight with heel slippage.
The toe box in comparison to the Pigalle is first degree murder (don't mind the law school pun- ha.)
However the arch isn't bad!
I can actually walk in these, run if need be!
The heel slippage is caused by the deeper arch since your foot is being pushed forward.
Since it's being pushed forward, your feet is resting flatter on the ball of the foot, which makes the shoe more wearable and bearable!

To keep or not to keep:
I am keeping both of these in the 35.5.

To stretch or not to stretch:
I have been trying the sock and blow dryer method.
I've been doing this for about 3-4 days straight for a few hrs at a time with minimal changes!
Both shoe still pitches on the widest part of my foot but not as bad.
I refuse to try the water and freezer method since I'm not an adventurous person.
I also refuse to take alcohol to the inside of the shoe as well.

I've been wearing them around the house, while I wash dishes, walk from one room to the other, and even the bathroom (TMI much?) to get my foot molded to the shoe.

http://www.amazon.com/MEDcaTM-Shoe-...ds=MEDcaTM+Shoe+Stretcher+Sold+As+a+Pack+of+2

I just order this in hopes of widening the shoe a bit more.
That will be another post for another time.

All in all - if I had to be realistic and pick one I'd choose the So Kate 120mm
Because
(1) it is much more comfortable to walk in for longer periods of time
(2) because it's comfortable, it will spend most of it's life outside the box!

Regards to sizing- I'd say pick your true size and work with it.
Whether it be stretching it out, molding it to your feet, or adding insoles.

Because the So Kate has room for me to add insoles, which will keep my feet from sliding forward- there will no longer be any heel slippage.
Going down half a size will fit better in the heel but since the toe box pitches width wise, I don't see the point of subjecting myself to a tighter shoe when there are other measures I can take to make my shoes more comfortable.

I hope this was helpful as I'm sure I wasn't the only one who needed some clarification!

Please feel free to ask questions! I am more than happy to help.
Thanks for reading!

You are in OC (Orange County), there are plenty of places to try on So Kate. SouthCoast Plaza has a Louboutin boutique, and a Saks. Just south of there in Newport Fashion Island is a Neiman Marcus (their So Kate are still at $625, everyone else has done the price increase to $675)

I had to go into CL boutique in Beverly Hills (when they were there), and find my size for Pigalle 120. Then, I ordered my preferred "skin" (black-patent) from Las Vegas. Even then, I didn't get my size right. I went to Las Vegas CL boutique, and they recommended full size "up"! Advice from knowledgable SA (Sales Associate) is priceless. See my avatar for this shoe, it's my staple.

You are in OC (Orange County), there are plenty of places to try on So Kate. SouthCoast Plaza has a Louboutin boutique, and a Saks. Just south of there in Newport Fashion Island is a Neiman Marcus (their So Kate are still at $625, everyone else has done the price increase to $675)

I had to go into CL boutique in Beverly Hills (when they were there), and find my size for Pigalle 120. Then, I ordered my preferred "skin" (black-patent) from Las Vegas. Even then, I didn't get my size right. I went to Las Vegas CL boutique, and they recommended full size "up"! Advice from knowledgable SA (Sales Associate) is priceless. See my avatar for this shoe, it's my staple.

You would think that I have all these places for me to "try on" but I have small feet so trust- I always have trouble finding my size.
I actually ordered both my shoes through CL. And I ordered my size and it fits perfectly!
Everyone's feet is different- so everyone will have their own problems with sizing.
I was just one of the lucky ones.

Vaseline? What? And how! Details please! :smile:
Slather on Vaseline where it pinches you either on your feet or inside the toe-box. Blast the toe-box with a hair dryer. It might help to put a tiny bit on your heels too just so your feet will go in smoothly. Wear the shoes around till it cools off or as long as you can bear. Leather are molded into shape when they are being made by manufacturers into handbags and shoes with oil and heat. This is the quickest way.

As for sizing, I think you are smack bang on. I am a US6.5 and my old cut P120 is a 36, but the new cut P120 and SK are a 36.5.

I myself now have a dilemma ... I have the old cut P120 in black patent. Do I keep my So Kate black patent or do I let her go. As you say, sophiatvo, I do find the So Kate easier to walk in, but the thin heels would always be a problem getting stuck in unforeseeable places not to mention having to replace the heel taps ever so frequently. Argh!!!

I myself now have a dilemma ... I have the old cut P120 in black patent. Do I keep my So Kate black patent or do I let her go. As you say, sophiatvo, I do find the So Kate easier to walk in, but the thin heels would always be a problem getting stuck in unforeseeable places not to mention having to replace the heel taps ever so frequently. Argh!!!

Keep both! Old Cut P120 will forever be iconic as will SK and both are different enough to warrant both. Plus P120 old cut is hard to come by. So far I haven't gotten my SK heels stuck, but you're right they are so easy to walk in!