Christian Louboutin 2014 Pigalle 120mm vs. So Kate 120mm

Keep your old cut P120. I heard so many ladies speak about the old cut verses the new cut and I have the new Pigalle. I think the old is by far better than the new and would be hard to find if u let go of it now u will have regret. SK's are lovely and sometimes u cannot avoid them being stuck. Lol
Hi Birkin, yes they would get stuck. I have other shoes such as the Decolette 554 and Corneille which the heels are just as skinny and boy do they get stuck. I know to stand on my tippy toes on escalators, but I hate those concrete slabs made to look like marbles on the side walk. The fillers are mostly concrete in between the slabs, but once in a while they are just gray rubbers and I have ruined a heel or two from them ugh!

Definitely never letting my old cut piggies. Thank you for your advice:hugs:

I'd keep them both. The SK is definitely a special night out kind of shoe, even if they are easier to walk in. They're different enough from the Pigalle that it warrants keeping. :smile: both shoes are sexy icons, for sure!
deathorglory OH MY!!! That is where my dilemma started in the first place:sad:

I have been debating whether to keep or let go my SK forever since I have the old cut P120, UGH!!!!

Wouldn't the Vaseline grease stain the inside of the shoes?? I did the sock and hair dryer method but it only helped a tiny bit!
I'm so scared to use ANY products to stretch out the shoes.

And thanks for confirming the sizing issue!
I did include a disclaimer that everyone feet IS made differently!
Some people need to take advice with a grain of salt sometimes too.
Unlike you with slender to normal feet, mine are normal to slightly wide UGH, but one thing I have learned over many years is that no matter what, it is best to STICK TO THE LENGTH of your feet. I have sized up in the past to accommodate my width (or rather thought I had bigger feet) and always ended up with major heel slippage.

There was one time where I was in a rush because I was running late for a meeting. As soon as the lights turned green, I ran in my heels. Well, one of my shoes came off. It would have not been so embarrassing if the shoe was left behind me like Cinderella. Well NOPE!!! The shoe flew forward by at least 65 feet at this huge huge intersection. I had to hobble across the crossing to go and retrieve the shoe in front of all this traffic and other people watching. VERY EMBARRASSING !!! Therefore, I learnt that it is best to stick to your length and break the shoes in and mold them to your feet. LOL!!!

The Vaseline trick works wonders. I just checked all my CLs that I had used Vaseline to stretch out my shoes and none of them have any stains just so you know. Don't worry hun ;)

If you wear the old P120 more and want to prolong the life of them (since they no longer make them) keep the SK and wear em to death b/c since it's a newer shoe - hopefully Mr. CL won't change the style of them - you can always replace them after being beaten up. The old P120 - its hard to replace and come by if they pound the pavement more.

I always find a rationale excuse to KEEP THE SHOES! :smile:
LOL !!! I know that feeling. Any excuse to keep the shoes hahaha!!!

I live in Tokyo and we do a lot of walking because our public transportation is like clock work.
I asked my SA here what all other customers do with their SK. Do they wear them out the door or what?
His reply was that they all wear other shoes such as flats and then change into them once they get to their destination. That is a pain in the neck!!!

I am mostly worried about how fast the heel taps will wear down I guess... I have a few pairs in 100s such as the Corneille, Decolette 554 which has the same skinny heels. Some are good lasting at least more than a few wear and some not. I guess its luck and depends on what kind of heel taps the cobbler uses. BTW, the heel taps that comes with CL originally does wear down very very fast.

You are EXACTLY right. I'm in the larger sizes, and bought the SK in my TTS Pigalle 120. They're TOO TIGHT, I had them for 3 weeks patiently waiting for them to fit. Never happened, so I returned them to Neiman Marcus just now.

I got the Pigalle Follies 120 (also needs to be sized up 1 size) just now from CL boutique..sweet shoe in red-patent. It's not my preferred size, but it will stretch out. My portfolio is hurting for red, stock is depleted in CL boutiques.. So I took the plunge!
All for the love of our CL shoes!!! Congrats!!! :hugs:

deathorglory OH MY!!! That is where my dilemma started in the first place:sad:

I have been debating whether to keep or let go my SK forever since I have the old cut P120, UGH!!!!

Since you have the SK in exotics and have multiple black patents, just let the SK go then. If all else fails and you miss them terribly, they are a staple shoe so I'm sure you'll have the option go get them again later :smile:

I'm starting to hate those CL heel taps...! I've worn my décolleté 554's maybe 5 times and it's almost time to switch out the heel taps already! Hopefully when I do switch them out, the ones the cobbler puts on will last longer...

Those grey rubber things on concrete sidewalks are my enemy 😠 I'm sure I look so stupid when I accidentally step on the rubber thing and then frantically check my heels for damage hahaha

My problem is I am in Tokyo and CLs are much more expensive over here. Patents are at least 100 bucks more and exotics are 300-400 bucks more vs United States. Whenever I sell a brand new pair which I have been to clean out my closet, I take a major hit :cry::cry::cry:

I am very good at hardly ever damaging my heels, but those friggin rubbers pretending to be concrete MAN!!! It makes me so angry each time I fall into those. I am the same as you. I would yelp and would be checking my heels frantically. Sometimes I would even take the shoe off to inspect the heels LOL!!! Sigh ...

oh i got this trick from here....so i've now tried it on 2 CLs and 1 D&G with a very similar decollettes cut...u put Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) on your toes or inside the shoe toe box( i did mine inside the shoe toe box), u quickly blast the inside of the shoe toe box with hot air hairdryer, do not worry it does not damage or alter the shoe in any way, it just makes the leather softer. u then quickly put your foot inside the shoe and enjoy the warm feeling!!! :smile: i do it to 1 shoe at a time before starting the second one, so u dont loose the heat. u then wear it for some time inside or i even went out like that. i removed access Vaseline if it came out of the tor box with a tissue. the shoe molds to your feet and stretches exactly where u need it! my 'spike me' and lady peep r SOOOO much better now. i walked in them!!! :smile: good luck! i LUV TPF and CL!!!

So trying this tmrw!
Now do you slather the Vaseline on or do you put a thin layer on?

LOL !!! I know that feeling. Any excuse to keep the shoes hahaha!!!

I live in Tokyo and we do a lot of walking because our public transportation is like clock work.
I asked my SA here what all other customers do with their SK. Do they wear them out the door or what?
His reply was that they all wear other shoes such as flats and then change into them once they get to their destination. That is a pain in the neck!!!

I am mostly worried about how fast the heel taps will wear down I guess... I have a few pairs in 100s such as the Corneille, Decolette 554 which has the same skinny heels. Some are good lasting at least more than a few wear and some not. I guess its luck and depends on what kind of heel taps the cobbler uses. BTW, the heel taps that comes with CL originally does wear down very very fast.

Oh gosh now that I know you walk the concrete jungle everywhere you go.. Idk. I would seriously consider flats then the shoes when you get to your destination- it would prolong the life of ANY CL.
I live in Orange County CA, I drive everywhere! So my shoes rarely see sunlight and concrete lol.

I slather them on generously on my toes if its patent. For other materials, I put them on in the inside of the shoes. You Would be surprised how resilient shoes are. After all they are molded into shape of shoes by oil and heat when in production

My problem is I am in Tokyo and CLs are much more expensive over here. Patents are at least 100 bucks more and exotics are 300-400 bucks more vs United States. Whenever I sell a brand new pair which I have been to clean out my closet, I take a major hit :cry::cry::cry:

I am very good at hardly ever damaging my heels, but those friggin rubbers pretending to be concrete MAN!!! It makes me so angry each time I fall into those. I am the same as you. I would yelp and would be checking my heels frantically. Sometimes I would even take the shoe off to inspect the heels LOL!!! Sigh ...

I know you'd take a bit with shipping, but have you tried selling on eBay? If they're new and unworn, sometimes you can charge a little more, especially since the patent SK sold out really quick...