CHAT about Balenciaga Finds

I have doubles of this Black/White Lattice and the Iridescient City. In both cases, I'm supposed to narrow it down to keeping the better-conditioned bag, but they are all great so it's been difficult deciding which to let go of. Eventually, I just need to do it. :facepalm:

choosing peter greene GIF

The pattern on these while the same is not in the same placement on the bags, so they each look unique. If Bal x Bottega had a baby it would be the Lattice.

Black/White Lattice #1 (this one looks like it spells out “Hi” on the top of the bag :wave:):

View attachment 5993340

Black/White Lattice #2:
View attachment 5993339

Closeup up of the back:

View attachment 5993346
Gorgeous!!! Can’t wait to get mine - yes, I jumped on the one you posted from TRR 😎

This bag has always intrigued me, but I stayed away thinking that it was heavy. Do you have any pictures styled with it? It’s brings to mind Cruella Deville’s black-and-white vibe, in a very cool way obviously.

• Love
Reactions: haisley
Gorgeous!!! Can’t wait to get mine - yes, I jumped on the one you posted from TRR 😎

This bag has always intrigued me, but I stayed away thinking that it was heavy. Do you have any pictures styled with it? It’s brings to mind Cruella Deville’s black-and-white vibe, in a very cool way obviously.
Yes, it definitely does look like a very hip Cruella bag! LOL!

In doing research on this one I can tell you initially they were made exclusively for Barney’s as a LE and then released in multicolor versions later that were sold across NMs & other stores. As far as I know, the Black/White versions were only produced in Giant Silver HW & yes, they are on the heavy side.

I know this bag was featured on the cover of a Barney’s catalog back in the day & also worn by Christina Aguilera multiple times. Since I don't have any styling pics of myself with this one, here are a few pics of Christina with hers.

IMG_1118.jpeg
IMG_1117.jpeg

Huge congrats on yours!! :drinkup:

Last edited:
Yes, it definitely does look like a very hip Cruella bag! LOL!

In doing research on this one I can tell you initially they were made exclusively for Barney’s as a LE and then released in multicolor versions later that were sold across NMs & other stores. As far as I know, the Black/White versions were only produced in Giant Silver HW & yes, they are on the heavy side.

I know this bag was featured on the cover of a Barney’s catalog back in the day & also worn by Christina Aguilera multiple times. Since I don't have any styling pics of myself with this one, here are a few pics of Christina with hers.

View attachment 5993360
View attachment 5993361

Huge congrats on yours!! :drinkup:
Well, when you said you had TWO I knew had to at the very least have ONE!! 🤣😎

• Haha
Reactions: haisley
Are we sure they're agneau? I don't know which one you have but we used to play "name that colour" with these bags and a lot of the leather strips were chevre colours.
Great point regarding the colored lattices, curious if anyone can confirm.

For the Black & Whites I have the card which states Agneau and the back of the mirrors do not have pockets.

IMG_1873.jpeg

• Insightful
Reactions: protein_
Are we sure they're agneau? I don't know which one you have but we used to play "name that colour" with these bags and a lot of the leather strips were chevre colours.
I always thought the colored ones were partly agneau (handles, trim, corners, strap) and the lattices chevre. I remember my City had agneau stamped on the card. I don't know if "chevre" would be explicitly on that card as well? I don't think it was.

Edit says I'm too slow. As always, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: muchstuff
I actually do remember reading that thread when I got the bag. Here's a pic of mine with the cards.
I think they may be 08 colors rather than 05 🤷‍♀️ hence both lines on the card say agneau.

IMG_3473.jpg