Changes in the Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
blugenie said:
While it's disappointing for newbies who are legit and enjoying positive transactions, I think it's a very good idea in the long run for the safety of the board - don't flog me for having a different opinion! But shady spammers suck.

I imagine anyone in the middle of a transaction can complete it via PM...? And think of the money saved over a few short weeks to buy more items when you are eligible?!?!

I think we all agree that it is a good idea, no flogging here! Since I was totally excited about my pending purchase, I seriously thought I was having a bad dream when I saw that I was locked out. I have sort of recovered in the last 15 minutes, sniff...
You are right about the $$ saved, cause I was going for a Chloe paddy next week...

I'm sorry that this will limit a lot of people but Megs and Vlad are just trying to protect us. Due to the fact that newbies were not restricted to buy, a shady new member could come along, buy a bag and then later try and sell a replica claiming it was the one they bought from a trustworthy member, you know? I'm not even saying this like I'm some sort of long-time member elitist as I was still a newbie when I bought from Becca. I think this is a good idea.

Thanks for Vlad, Megs, and all our moderators for working so hard on keeping the forum safe.

As much as I sympathize with newer folks in the middle of a transaction, I feel like the terms set by the PF are fair. One month membership and 75 posts do go by really quickly. Most of us surpass the posting number in a few short days (the PF is VERY addictive). Just hang in there everyone....

From what I understand, some new members were abusing the Marketplace by PM'ing members posting on WTS and WTB to push their own wares, which was actually taking away from the sales of PF members. I actually think it is a great idea, once we get through the transition.

I agree with this decision 100%, too many deadbeat, scammer sellers out there that contribute nothing and ruin things for the good ones.

Mind you, I cant say I wont be experiencing Marketplace withdrawal! Ohhhh, I feel the sweats and the shakes starting already.....:wacko:

Vlad....will we be able to view the marketplace automatically when our 30 days and 75 post criteria are reached? I cant even remember when in april I joined!

You can also have the threads in the marketplace be moderated. So they dont pop up. And just read them over to make sure they are good?

I think the feedback we have now under the scr names is great btw

^ I'm not sure how this would help{?}

One of our problems is that people will post a WTB thread and then get inundated w/ spam PM's from people who aren't even eligible to sell here, even pushing fakes. KWIM?

We only see newbies complaining.

Well-of course you only see the newbies complaining-we are the ones most affected! LOL I have to say-I am glad that I got my 2 transactions in and my money mailed before this happened-I am really looking forward to getting my 2 items!

I do have the same question as above-will we just automatically be able to see the marketplace again when our time is up? And, is it 75 posts AND 30 days-or either or?

Thanks!

SuLi said:
Thanks for Vlad, Megs, and all our moderators for working so hard on keeping the forum safe.

As much as I sympathize with newer folks in the middle of a transaction, I feel like the terms set by the PF are fair. One month membership and 75 posts do go by really quickly. Most of us surpass the posting number in a few short days (the PF is VERY addictive). Just hang in there everyone....

I agree-frankly-I think this protects everyone

Nishi621 said:
I do have the same question as above-will we just automatically be able to see the marketplace again when our time is up? And, is it 75 posts AND 30 days-or either or?

Thanks!

Yes, and it's both. Once you have both 75 posts and have been here for 30 days you will be able to view it again.

Even as a newbie, I think it's a good idea. When I wanted to buy from the Marketplace, I even asked if there were any limitations for newbies and found out there was none. So, thanks to Vlad and our other mods for doing this. I'm sure time will fly soon enough for us newbies to gain back the privileges :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.