Changes in the Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
sparkles48 said:
Aw this is sad... I made my first purchase as a newbie on PF and have sold a purse to a wonderful newbie as well. But I do understand the reason for taking precautions and I'm just sorry the spammers had to ruin it for everyone else.

^^ Agreed. Sadly, a few bad apples have to spoil it for the rest of the barrel, so to speak!:huh:
I'm sure it's with very good reason that Vlad and Megs have taken this action, things may calm down again at a later date, but for now, i guess we'll watch and wait and see what happens! ;)

OOOOOHHHHH I will miss the marketplace, I don't hit one month for 2 more weeks......I've already bought 2 items!!! Thank God it was before this cause they were great items!!!! See you in 2 weeks Marketplace!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

Vlad said:
Or I could open it back up and just disregard any PM I may get about any sort of seller/buyer trouble that may occur.

^^ That, IMO is actually not a bad idea at all...after all, you're not personally responsible for things that others are selling....;)

ranskimmie said:
If you have already made an agreement with her, I dont see why you couldnt proceed. Just dont do it through the PF. That way Vlad and Megs dont have to take any responsibility. It would just be between you two right? Definetely pm her regaurding this matter though. I highly doubt she will think you are a flake. This isnt your fault.

I think I will tell her about the new guidelines, and tell her I would love to proceed but will leave it up to her. Then, I will continue to enjoy the forum, post when I can, and wait until I have the green light to come back to the WTS/WTB threads.

chicky said:
^^ That, IMO is actually not a bad idea at all...after all, you're not personally responsible for things that others are selling....;)
That is true - but we still have to ban people left and right who are trying to screw with other members. And that assumes a certain level of involvement.

Vlad said:
Or I could open it back up and just disregard any PM I may get about any sort of seller/buyer trouble that may occur.

Vlad I think you should do that. I mean we are all adults! I dont think you should get involved anyway. Its to much of a hassle. I think its important that all buyers make sure of what they are buying regardless of who it is!
Buyer Beware.
Poor Vlad never done working on the forum!!!!
Selena

hey Vlad, Megs and Our Mods
i just wanted to say another thank you for protecting us PF members! Having 'big brother' look out for us means a lot!
I'm sure with all the new standards you have put in - things will run a lot easier and of course everyone on here understands - you've got to do what you've got to do!
thanks again!!!!

Irishgal said:
Vlad,
Pragmatically, I totally understand and support this. My concern was that I was mid transaction with a seller and felt that not only was I getting a great bag, but it could serve to establish me as a "good guy" since I was new. I felt that if I was unable to complete the transaction the seller would be let down (this is the second time she has listed it in the MP).
Thank you for your time and prudent management of this site.
I dont get why u still cant go through witht hat transaction .....

But anyway thanks to the peeps in charges .........Thank you for trying to keep things in order

Selena said:
Lets not all ***** and complain to much. Vlad and Megs do not have to have a Marketplace. They are not making money from it. Its a perk to being on this forum. Suck it up....make your posts and bide your time. I would hate for them to say screw it and take it down. The rules are in place to protect everyone. And those of you who are not eligible yet will be thankful for these rules when they protect you.
Thanks again Vlad and Megs!
Selena

I totally agree. I think this is quite a lenient policy anyway, one month is not a long time to have to wait to buy and sell and as we all know, the handbag buying and selling market is fraught with peril from scammers. if you think of it logically, what will stop scammers from joining here (since it's free and public) making a few shady 'deals' and absconding? Vlad and Megs do so much to make it safe and secure around here, but they are only two people and cannot possibly verify each and every member.

I think time is probably a better way to regulate as opposed to number of posts though. 75 posts can be made in two days. There are people who have only been here a few weeks and have even up to a thousand posts, but people can still post many times without revealing much about themselves. I think a little caution is good in buying and selling and I do love the marketplace and would hate to see it taken advantage of or cause too many headaches for the admins and mods.

Vlad - you have done an amazing job with the marketplace so far so WHATEVER you decide to do is fine with me. I feel badly that you have to answer all these PMs all the time plus try and manage the site. I agree w/Selena and disregard the PMs about buyer/seller issues. I think those should be resolved between the two parties anyway without site involvement. This isn't ebay but just a wonderful service you provide :=) and I totally agree with this --->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena
Lets not all ***** and complain to much. Vlad and Megs do not have to have a Marketplace. They are not making money from it. Its a perk to being on this forum. Suck it up....make your posts and bide your time. I would hate for them to say screw it and take it down. The rules are in place to protect everyone. And those of you who are not eligible yet will be thankful for these rules when they protect you.
Thanks again Vlad and Megs!
Selena

If you are in the middle of a transaction currently, we CANNOT stop you from completing it, nor do we want to. This is effective as of today, not retroactive.
You guys have NO idea the amount of work we put in 'behind the scenes' to keep things running as smoothly as possible and as fair as possible.
People are getting SO many spam PM's from people that don't even contribute here just because they mention they may be looking for an item This in turn is completely filling up our Inboxes . . . .
We're only trying to do the right thing and protect our Members the best we can. I promise! ;)

I think it's a good idea. It protects the buyer and the seller, and keeps the shady folks away from the forum. Why can't the people midtransaction just continue over PM?

While it's disappointing for newbies who are legit and enjoying positive transactions, I think it's a very good idea in the long run for the safety of the board - don't flog me for having a different opinion! But shady spammers suck.

I imagine anyone in the middle of a transaction can complete it via PM...? And think of the money saved over a few short weeks to buy more items when you are eligible?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.