Chanel Tweed Bags

Hello everyone, any opinion on this?
Im also wondering about the wear and tear of tweed bags, anyone has experiences to share? Thank you in advance :heart: View attachment 5617158I don’t mind it at all! If you like the pattern then I’d say to go for it. Tweed will get some wear especially on the backside so just be aware of that. I like this because you can use it as shoulder bag/crossbody. My tweed mini is quite worse for wear (perfect in front tho) because only option is crossbody which naturally causes a lot of friction. Next time I buy a tweed I’ll go for something with a shoulder option (maybe small/medium classic) because I find they wear better if not under constant abrasion.

How do people take care of their light colored tweed bags? I noticed some color transfer/darkening today and wanted to make sure I could clean it when it occurs or at least help prolong my bag looking new. Can anyone give me some tips or products to use?
Any update on this query? Hope someone can share how to clean light colored tweets

The wear and tear of tweeds can vary because they are all slightly different. Some tweeds are looser weave and so are prone to some threads coming out occasionally. Others are more tightly woven and thus more durable. Tweeds, however, are more difficult to clean than leather because they are made of fabric. They absorb liquids and cannot be buffed or cleaned. I would be very careful with a light colour tweed bag and make sure not to spill or get colour transfer on it!

Reactions: papertiger
The wear and tear of tweeds can vary because they are all slightly different. Some tweeds are looser weave and so are prone to some threads coming out occasionally. Others are more tightly woven and thus more durable. Tweeds, however, are more difficult to clean than leather because they are made of fabric. They absorb liquids and cannot be buffed or cleaned. I would be very careful with a light colour tweed bag and make sure not to spill or get colour transfer on it!
Do you think I still get the dirt from the back pocket out? :sad:

1A8EE427-1DB2-4102-9981-18EAD254B6C5.jpeg

Do you think I still get the dirt from the back pocket out? :sad:

View attachment 5617805
I would try blotting it carefully with a white cloth and a solution of warm water and (one drop!) of gentle dish soap. To blot- gently press, rotate your fingers and lift to work the solution in without rubbing. Then follow with plain water in the same method (different cloth- you can use an old white tshirt) and allow to dry fully. Hopefully the dirt will come out! If this doesn't work, maybe a professional dry cleaner would have some tips. Good luck!