Chanel Sunglasses Repair?

Hi, I have a pair of Chanel sunglasses which i had bought from ebay! I gave them to my sister who not only didnot put them in their box before putting them in her overstuffed bag but also left them in sun! As a result they are scratched and the film is coming off of the lenses.

Do you think they can be replaced. Also as with any chanel sunglasses it has a number etched on its right lens. Do you think I can find replacement lenses which would have the number etched on it? Any suggestions where?

I spoke to the Chanel representative and she said they will only repair them if I had the receipt to prove that I bought them from a Chanel store. : (
Pls let me know, if this can be done? I love these sunglasses! :'(
Thanks

Hi I recently had a similar issue, my sunglasses were scratched and the lens was peeling. I had purchased at Neimans, took it back to them and they gave me the number for Luxxotica who makes them, you have to send them away to NYC and wait 6-8 weeks and pay a fee. I kind of made a face at the SA at Neimans and she said, well, you could take them over to the Chanel boutique and see if they can do anything..so I did, I talked to the SA..mind you I never let on I did not purchase them there. She said it would cost $40 dollars to replace the lenses and take up to 8 weeks. At that point I decided I may as well since I love them. She did not look up in the computer if I bought them there or ask for a receipt or anything. I paid my $40 left and within 3 weeks they called and said the glasses were ready. I went to pick them up and it looked like they had just went ahead and gave me a new pair of glasses! I couldnt have been happier.

In the future I will buy all my sunnies from Nordies though, they will replace them or give full refund or exchange for lifetime

Thanks for your helpful posts, I will try the Chanel store as well as Luxxotica. Thanks sassc and csewallh, you both have been of great help! I hope I am as lucky as you guys!

They are usually pretty easy to deal with, but they are slow. When I tried to have mine fixed the quoted price was only $20 for replacing the lenses, I don't know if it has gone up since then.

Believe me, repairs of sunglasses in Chanel boutiques is excellent, they are like new when you get it back, i am so happy. I had mine repaired in Chanel LAs Vegas and Chanel Hongkong airport, the thing is, it will take a long time for them to call back when it's done.

I have a pair of chanel sunglasses, older than two years but not worn them for 18 months after I lost diamonte screw on the lens. Any suggestiojns where I can send these as every shop I have approached do not seem interested in helping. Very frustrating.

^As they're out of Chanel's guarantee could you take them to your local opticians and ask them?
I had a diamonte stone fall out of one of my pairs of Chanel's (I think they are about 3 years old) and I just took them my local opticians (they put a new diamonte in there and then while I waited).

Really strange that Chanel won't repair them. Mine were repaired without question, well out of warranty by a couple of years too. The screw was replaced, and the whole frame polished and slightly realigned too. I was really happy with the Chanel customer service here in Japan.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please feel free to move...

I bought a pair of Chanel sunglasses, 5151B in April. One of the rhinestones fell off and so I sent it to Luxottica for repairs. I got the sunglasses back and it appears they simply replaced the temple/arms. My question/concern is the right arm. Normally, on the right arm it reads "Chanel 5151 -B, ....", however, my right arm is different. I've attached a link of the arm. It simply states RAP4270AA 130 RC002. All the other identifying markers on the arm appear correct. I'm just wondering is this normal? Should I be concerned that the arm is different than before.

http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/...es/?action=view&current=IMG_0823.jpg&newest=1

I wouldn't worry about it. Are you thinking about resale in the future? Can you go back and ask them to give you back the original arm? Not to put back on the sunglasses but to prove authenticitity in the future?

Thanks your input. I was surprised as well. I thought they would simply add the rhinestone and call it a day.

Yes, I'm thinking of resale, even though I have no intentions of selling them anytime soon. I would hate for an authenticator to say they are fake because of the markings on the arm. I guess I will have to hold onto the repair invoice.