Chanel snake/python/exotic leather care & maintenance

I'm really hoping the first two products you mention will help mine; I can't get the last spray shipped to my state.

Attachments

• snakeskin 004b.jpg
    snakeskin 004b.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 2,441
Hi again,
Well this is helpful info. I like Fiebings for reptile skins and then when dry a bit of blackrock used sparingly and then buffed to as high a shine as you can get... it will not be as high a gloss as you would get from a spray on shine...but it will last longer...

If you still want a high shine you can spray with Meltonian Super Shiny spray follow the directions on the can.. Good luck

Hi Doc - I'm attaching a close-up of a tiny "lift" on piping. I would like to "glue" it down so it doesn't snag further. Should I use Barge Cement?

Attachments

• lift.jpg
    lift.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 2,278
Hi again,
Well this is helpful info. I like Fiebings for reptile skins and then when dry a bit of blackrock used sparingly and then buffed to as high a shine as you can get... it will not be as high a gloss as you would get from a spray on shine...but it will last longer...

If you still want a high shine you can spray with Meltonian Super Shiny spray follow the directions on the can.. Good luck

I just ordered all of these products and am anxiously awaiting my packages to fix up my vintage lizard skin. Thank you!

You're here Docride!! :woohoo: I've lurked in the H forum and your contributions there are priceless! Welcome to the Chanel forum and thank you for starting this thread!

Well, I've got several scales on my python tote that have lifted. Is there any way for me to smooth them all down without having to go through each of them individually? I've tried using Loctite glue for leathers and it gets messy and tedious! Thank you!

Hi Doc!
I've done a search and have never found/read anything conclusive relative to my specific issues so I will give it a try here.:smile:

I am finally ready to cross the leather to exotic leather line. I'm currently contemplating a snakeskin and a galuchat Chanel but don't want to make a very expensive mistake. They are both in off white colors. Are there anything that you'd recommend putting on prior to use, and are there any recommended products you can suggest to clean if it gets dirty from normal use? My meltonian all purpose cleaner had done wonders to my bags and while the label on the bottle says it is suitable for exotic skins, I would like some input before use. :flowers:

Hey Ladies!
I need to condition my python babies & have a question regarding the Dyo Reptile Conditioner. I have one natural colored python in white & browns that has never been used & just noticed recently how it is so dry in areas & the larger scales are rough & breaking on the tips...scary. This bag has a "glazed" type finish to it while another in the same brand has a more matte finish (not as crackly) & it really isn't that dry.

Will Dyo work & be safe to apply on all of these finishes? I have never conditioned any of my 4 pythons & am more than a little nervous about it. One of my bags is hand-painted or dyed with lots of turquoise & browns. Will the Dyo affect the color? I'm just a bit paranoid & was wondering if a novice clutz will be able to succesfully condition my babies without ruining them. Any advice is appreciated!!

Hello all! I have a chanel jumbo quilted vinyl bag and couldn't really find any information about how to care for it. Does anyone know if chanel offers repairs for their vinyl bags? Thanks!

Hello all! I have a chanel jumbo quilted vinyl bag and couldn't really find any information about how to care for it. Does anyone know if chanel offers repairs for their vinyl bags? Thanks!

I've not owned a vinyl Chanel bag, but you might just want to take it in to your local Chanel boutique and see what they say. :smile:

hello!
i'm thinking of purchasing a vintage chanel. the seller said "the Two interior pockets' lingings are melted together since the age of this bag."

does anyone know if this is something chanel spa can fix?

Thanks!

Hi I have a white python flap bag. Just wondering if the previously mentioned products are still recommended for cleaning/conditioning? Is there one that's better than the others for removing color transfer on Python? TIA!

Hi I have a white python flap bag. Just wondering if the previously mentioned products are still recommended for cleaning/conditioning? Is there one that's better than the others for removing color transfer on Python? TIA!
I tried the products mentioned by Docride, but I found I didn't like how the Fiebing worked on my lizard bag, so now I've bought some Sapphir Reptan for my pythons. I tried it out on a vintage (and I do mean very old vintage colored) python, and it worked fabulously. So that's what I plan to use now.
Does anyone know if Chanel will clean/recondition vintage lizard Mini? The leather in the
Chain straps could be replaced too. Or at least redyed.
I actually don't know, but I do know if they did, they are going to charge you over $600 for a total refurbishment if that's what you need. Sounds like you need the whole package, so plan on spending that amount.
hello!
i'm thinking of purchasing a vintage chanel. the seller said "the Two interior pockets' lingings are melted together since the age of this bag."

does anyone know if this is something chanel spa can fix?

Thanks!
It sounds like the two pockets melted due to perhaps some dye or other issue? If that's the case, they may not be able to repair it BUT if it's not from dye, they can replace the entire lining. You will lose the hologram sticker, but you have Chanel's work order that's worth far more in my opinion to prove the authenticity of your bag should it ever be questioned.